Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Clear app

General ECS talk.

Unread postby Sxcostanzo » Thu Sep 9, 2021 2:33:36 pm

Hey all,

I just talked to my ticket rep and you dont need to sign up for the clear app if you dont want to for the vaccination cards.

" Stephen,

The Clear app will be the easiest way to get into the stadium on match days, however you do have the option of physically showing your vaccination card at the gate if you do not feel comfortable uploading information to the app.

Best,
Samantha (hartz) "

If you do chooae to use it, realize that it collects a lot of bio data and you cannot sue except as an individual. Class action suits if they have a breach are not allowed. Please read the terms and conditions.
Sxcostanzo
ECS Member 2021

Unread postby RobotM » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:14:00 am

I signed up for Clear back when all it got you was express access to beer at Safeco Field, so I guess we all have our own comfort levels.

What they say they do is convert your biometric info to encrypted binary code using an algorithm, and I haven't seen anything, even in the most pessimistic articles, that would contradict that. While I'd prefer that they could authenticate using my phone's Face ID (which has the same bio data but it never leaves my physical device), our government itself is likely much more vulnerable as a source of bio data than Clear.

And a class action lawyer might have a thing or two to say about the strength of a "no class action" clause.
RobotM
ECS Member 2021

Unread postby 454k30 » Wed Oct 6, 2021 9:34:05 pm

They didn't scan my Clear app pass at the gate. I just showed it to them (and not close enough to see the photo or long enough to even check the name) and they waved me through.
454k30
ECS Member 2021

Return to ECS General