Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

ECS Motorcycle Club (MC)

General ECS talk.

Unread postby Null78 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:09:43 pm

poseidon wrote:^ especially if you do all three at once!

Please don't drink and drive.

On a related note, what would people suggest for a first bike? Want to learn how to ride, no motorcycle experience.


Highway to the..... Sorry had to!
User avatar
Null78
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 6726
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:06:56 am
Location: Your backyard!

Unread postby afecks » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:36:21 pm

Hopefully people with scooters can be part of the cool kids club too. Not gimpy scooters, mind you, full size ones, with 500cc displacement, for example.
User avatar
afecks
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 1545
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:36:37 am
Location: Mill Creek(ish)

Unread postby poseidon » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:22:14 pm

Null78 wrote:
poseidon wrote:^ especially if you do all three at once!

Please don't drink and drive.

On a related note, what would people suggest for a first bike? Want to learn how to ride, no motorcycle experience.


Highway to the..... Sorry had to!


Yea, yea, yea. A little cliche on my part.

What can I say, sunny weather makes a motorcycle seem like a good idea, and I have to at least try and live the part of my new job.
User avatar
poseidon
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:05:20 am

Unread postby CruelJoke » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:42:53 pm

Love the idea of a MC!
User avatar
CruelJoke
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:02:37 am
Location: Everett

Unread postby Hajabuza » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:20:13 pm

tcartwright86 wrote:
poseidon wrote:^ especially if you do all three at once!

Please don't drink and drive.

On a related note, what would people suggest for a first bike? Want to learn how to ride, no motorcycle experience.


I would say depending on your size, go for a 500-650cc cruiser, something like a Suzuki Boulevard S40 or a Honda Shadow 500, those are easy to learn on for a year or so until you develop a comfort level to move up to a bigger bike... that and they get awesome MPG.


Sounds right on the CC for a beginner. Don't drink while riding a motorcycle, at first anyway. Get some good speeders and a couple years of riding under your belt, then you can add a pitcher of beer to the mix. Nothing tops that shit!
User avatar
Hajabuza
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:32:44 pm
Location: Upper Stratosphere

Unread postby RatCity » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:38:58 am

They make a 500cc scooter now? Does it hold 5 people and have plenty of room for golf clubs?
User avatar
RatCity
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 3407
Joined: Sun May 2, 2010 11:30:58 pm

Unread postby tcartwright86 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:34:10 am

RatCityBoyz wrote:They make a 500cc scooter now? Does it hold 5 people and have plenty of room for golf clubs?

I saw something similar to that in Thailand once, except that was a family of 4 on a 50cc moped and it was hilarious. only place in the world where a two scooter crash can have 8 fatalities.

beyond that though, sure full size scooters can be a part too, we want this to be as open to ECS riders of all kinds as possible.
tcartwright86
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:31:47 am

Unread postby liquidmj » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:28:26 am

tcartwright86 wrote:
RatCityBoyz wrote:They make a 500cc scooter now? Does it hold 5 people and have plenty of room for golf clubs?

I saw something similar to that in Thailand once, except that was a family of 4 on a 50cc moped and it was hilarious. only place in the world where a two scooter crash can have 8 fatalities.

beyond that though, sure full size scooters can be a part too, we want this to be as open to ECS riders of all kinds as possible.


Go to almost any 3rd world country and that's a common sight. The "developed" world is actually in the minority on this stuff.
User avatar
liquidmj
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 6665
Joined: Sun May 3, 2009 9:43:41 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Unread postby BlueEyedBuddhist » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:06:52 pm

liquidmj wrote:
tcartwright86 wrote:
RatCityBoyz wrote:They make a 500cc scooter now? Does it hold 5 people and have plenty of room for golf clubs?

I saw something similar to that in Thailand once, except that was a family of 4 on a 50cc moped and it was hilarious. only place in the world where a two scooter crash can have 8 fatalities.

beyond that though, sure full size scooters can be a part too, we want this to be as open to ECS riders of all kinds as possible.


Go to almost any 3rd world country and that's a common sight. The "developed" world is actually in the minority on this stuff.


Well, 3rd world country in a warm area. China, for example, isn't as heavy into scooters in the northern parts, because the weather's so shite in the winter that scooters and motorbikes are impractical.

But yeah, developing nations in warmer areas? The waves of scooters on the streets is freaking amazing. Makes crossing the street a whole new adventure. There were advantages to being one giant pasty white guy in Vietnam- I could just walk right out across and they flowed around me like a stream flowing around a rock.
User avatar
BlueEyedBuddhist
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 5987
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:18:31 am

Unread postby SeattleCalcio » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:58:37 pm

Not uncommon at all in Naples, and Italy is not 3rd world (dont tell the euro zone I said that)
SeattleCalcio
ECS Co-President
 
Posts: 5941
Joined: Tue Apr 6, 2010 6:30:57 am

Unread postby afecks » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:00:25 pm

RatCityBoyz wrote:They make a 500cc scooter now? Does it hold 5 people and have plenty of room for golf clubs?

Piaggio MP3 500. I want one.
User avatar
afecks
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 1545
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:36:37 am
Location: Mill Creek(ish)

Unread postby FuzzyForeigner » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:34:28 am

would be cool one day to see the ECS MC ride along the busses to our cascadia darbies..
User avatar
FuzzyForeigner
ECS Member 2019
 
Posts: 14262
Joined: Tue Oct 2, 2007 3:35:51 am
Location: Seattle

Unread postby afecks » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:35:44 am

FuzzyForeigner wrote:would be cool one day to see the ECS MC ride along the busses to our cascadia darbies..

Indeed. That would be kick ass. Now you just need blacked out windows on the buses, and you can totally feel like you're in a motorcade.
User avatar
afecks
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 1545
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:36:37 am
Location: Mill Creek(ish)

Unread postby Hajabuza » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:55:37 am

afecks wrote:
FuzzyForeigner wrote:would be cool one day to see the ECS MC ride along the busses to our cascadia darbies..

Indeed. That would be kick ass. Now you just need blacked out windows on the buses, and you can totally feel like you're in a motorcade.


Need to get some bottom rockers made that say ECS MC.
User avatar
Hajabuza
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 1245
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:32:44 pm
Location: Upper Stratosphere

Unread postby TacomaMatt » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:25:12 pm

If your going for a 3 piece patch, I'd say have "Emerald City" on your top rocker and "Supporters" on the bottom rocker with a ECS logo as your main piece. The MC is usually just a square patch next to the bottom rocker. Just don't do the city your from on the bottom or nomads.
User avatar
TacomaMatt
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:37:12 pm
Location: Bottom of a PBR 40oz

PreviousNext

Return to ECS General

cron

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests