Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

ECS Endorsed Candidates for Allance Council in 2013

General ECS talk.

Unread postby finnfan » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04:21 pm

The ECS is looking for members who want to become a member of the Sounders Alliance Council. The next voting period starts on February 1st, and at that point everybody will be able to vote again. This means that we will be able to get several new candidates in.

Later during the year we will be re-electing some of the current council members whose terms are expiring on January 31st, 2014, but before that we will need several good candidates to run. Please send me a PM if you are interested. Even if you have been in contact with me in the past, it is a good idea to renew contact at this point. In the PM, please answer the three questions below. You can also include a photo that you'd like to use in your possible campaign.

Who Are Ya?

Why do you want to be a Council member?

What are your goals as a Council member?

See the old vote topics for examples, such as here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14573 You do not need to answer the third question if you feel like your answer to the second question already covered that (a lot of the people who have run so far have done so).

When elected, an Alliance Council member will serve on the council for 1.5 to 2 years. Specifically, if elected prior to July 1st, the term starts immediately and runs through January 31st, 2015, and if elected on or after July 1st, the term begins February 1st, 2014 and runs until January 31st, 2016.

The Alliance Council can be expected to have meetings every month, and an ECS endorsed Council Member will be expected to attend these meetings regularly. It is a serious long term commitment. You must be a member of the Alliance and at least 18 years old to be able to run. For details see the Alliance Constitution and Bylaws:
http://www.soundersfc.com/alliance/cons ... ylaws.aspx

As a reminder, only ECS endorsed candidates are allowed to campaign on the ECS forums and other official ECS outlets like the ECS Facebook page. We are doing this because we want to maximize the ECS representation on the council, and the best way to do that is to make sure that votes from ECS members go to candidates that will get the necessary 25 votes rather than spreading those votes around to several candidates who all fall short of the 25 vote threshold.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby finnfan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:09:46 pm

Bump! We still need more candidates.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby finnfan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:38:56 am

By the way, if you have questions, comments or concerns, feel free to post them in this thread.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby BlueEyedBuddhist » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:38:56 pm

As a member of the Council on behalf of ECS, I'll tell you what my biggest concern is for anyone who's thinking about volunteering: We need you to make this a priority if you do it.

We have one meeting a month. We need solid attendance. You don't have to volunteer for stuff, but at a minimum, if you're getting elected by and there on behalf of the ECS, we really need you to make it to as many meetings as humanly possible.

Other than that, by all means, if you're interested, contact Antti. Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have, too.
BlueEyedBuddhist
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby finnfan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:55:10 pm

Thanks Paul.

The request to contact me if you are interested in running as an ECS endorsed candidate is open until otherwise stated, by the way. So no deadline on Feb 1st when voting starts or anything like that. There hasn't been too many people who have contacted me, so we might be seeking candidates all through the spring or throughout the year even.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Soundersfootballfan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:54:02 pm

Voting for council members is working, or I should say it just worked for me.
Soundersfootballfan
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Llarian » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:55:19 am

BlueEyedBuddhist wrote:As a member of the Council on behalf of ECS, I'll tell you what my biggest concern is for anyone who's thinking about volunteering: We need you to make this a priority if you do it.

We have one meeting a month. We need solid attendance. You don't have to volunteer for stuff, but at a minimum, if you're getting elected by and there on behalf of the ECS, we really need you to make it to as many meetings as humanly possible.

Other than that, by all means, if you're interested, contact Antti. Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have, too.

I'd like to stress this point again, please make sure this is a priority.

Also, meetings may very well be on the Eastside, or somewhere else that isn't on a quick and easy transit line, they may also be on weekday evenings. If you don't have a car, you may need to harass other council members for rides sometimes. Please make sure you're cool with all.
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby jtowner » Fri Apr 5, 2013 12:47:50 pm

Can we get attendance reports on folks when they come up for renewal on their AC position? Hate to hold something to someone, but if you can't hold up your end of showing up, I don't want to see you asking ECS for votes.
jtowner
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Llarian » Fri Apr 5, 2013 1:06:22 pm

jtowner wrote:Can we get attendance reports on folks when they come up for renewal on their AC position? Hate to hold something to someone, but if you can't hold up your end of showing up, I don't want to see you asking ECS for votes.

The people who haven't been able to attend regularly are not putting themselves up for renewal, no need to pillory them for it.

ECS isn't going to put up somebody who can't actually make it anymore and/or didn't in their previous term.
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby finnfan » Fri Apr 5, 2013 2:05:31 pm

Truth. Council members whose life has changed in ways that have prevented them from attending meetings have so far decided to step down on their own accord. We also would not endorse anybody for re-election if we had reason to doubt their commitment. But as said, so far we have not been in a situation where we needed to tell "no" to somebody.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Gleedaniel13 » Sun May 26, 2013 7:17:27 pm

Hi Finnfan,

Do you have already candidates for the council? i do not want to run but I just want to vote. If you have already a list can you post it here?
Gleedaniel13
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby SeattleCalcio » Mon May 27, 2013 12:33:09 am

Gleedaniel13 wrote:Hi Finnfan,

Do you have already candidates for the council? i do not want to run but I just want to vote. If you have already a list can you post it here?

Www.weareecs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22460
SeattleCalcio
ECS Co-President

Unread postby FelixForever34 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:57:08 pm

I was wondering if there shouldnt be an update 2014 effort to plan to get Members on the Council......
Voting should open and start soon.
FelixForever34
ECS Member 2020

Return to ECS General