Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

2014 Season Ticket Designation and SG membership

General ECS talk.

Unread postby eastside » Mon Mar 3, 2014 9:40:51 am

FuzzyForeigner wrote:
eastside wrote:I know I designated as ECS when I allocated the seats, but my matchpasses don't have the logo.

you know this happens to everyone - UNFORTUNATELY. funny the FO says that we have 600 members in their system and yet, the ECS founder's wife did not get the right card either. they have been STHs since 2007 in USL...

I know. They always find some way to get it wrong the first time. Last year, they put my name on both tickets, but got the ECS logo on there. This year, they got the names right, but not the logo. I can't wait to see what happens next year. Maybe they'll give me the wrong seats!
eastside
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby HNRobbinsFC » Mon Mar 3, 2014 11:57:15 am

Ok so for us poor folks that were supposed to get ECS Des, and didnt, where do we go from here. Should we just call Chris and get him to change it? Or just have to wait till next season?
HNRobbinsFC
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Llarian » Mon Mar 3, 2014 12:10:51 pm

HNRobbinsFC wrote:Ok so for us poor folks that were supposed to get ECS Des, and didnt, where do we go from here. Should we just call Chris and get him to change it? Or just have to wait till next season?

I doubt the card can be changed, but please call Chris and have him designate anyways. We want to make sure that the FO knows that we had a lot more people designate than they actually managed to do.
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby levi » Mon Mar 3, 2014 6:48:03 pm

I had the same problem with mine. Too late for the card to be changed, but cris does want to know who is and isn't ECS for whatever reason.
levi
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby BlueEyedBuddhist » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:45:23 pm

Actually, for now hold off... There were a number of things wrong with the designation page that Taylor didn't fully grasp. (For example, past years' designations should have auto-continued this season.)

The Club is working on an upgrade to their system that will hopefully open another window for designation of seats and SG status. This will help ECS multiple ways; the raw numbers of members is obviously the big one, and also being able to designate the additional seats on your account for voting purposes for Council and Alliance issues.
BlueEyedBuddhist
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Ultra666 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:55:08 am

Sometimes I think that Larry, Curly, and Moe are working for the FO
Ultra666
ECS Founder

Unread postby eastside » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:11:11 pm

Thanks for the update, Paul. I'm not entirely certain my rep knew how to check my SG status when I asked him.
eastside
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby BlueEyedBuddhist » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:20:17 pm

eastside wrote:Thanks for the update, Paul. I'm not entirely certain my rep knew how to check my SG status when I asked him.

Well, in my opinion, they shouldn't have to.

Instead, there should be a single landing page for every Sounders Alliance member. It should be simple. Anyone should be able to be one for a minimal fee, and they should get a permanent MatchPass card that isn't tied to a ticket.

You'd self-manage everything. Load cards with all the tickets for whatever games you want; load cards with money for spending; manage your MatchPass points; designate Alliance memberships for extra seats on your account; everything, all from one easy-to-understand-and-use page.

Then you wouldn't have to rely on a Club employee. You'd just do it yourself, so that way if it got screwed up, you'd have nobody to blame but yourself. :)
BlueEyedBuddhist
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby supasta8301 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:15:43 am

I'm posting, because I'm still pissed and the FO won't acknowledge the problem. My tickets came wrong, though I signed out and back in to make sure it was right. They resent the correct match pass, but the affected tickets do not have Alliance sign in, so those tickets do not get to vote. So, 3 of my tickets don't have a vote and the FO doesn't think that's a problem. I say BS. Do I have proof that I did it right? No, I didn't think I'd need to, because I signed out and back in to make sure my changes saved? 3 votes? Lame I know, but when election to the council only takes 25 votes, that's 12% of the votes a person needs to be on the Alliance.
supasta8301
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Llarian » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:32:11 am

This is probably something we should raise with the council. We have a meeting coming up.
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby BlueEyedBuddhist » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:28:48 pm

supasta8301 wrote:I'm posting, because I'm still pissed and the FO won't acknowledge the problem. My tickets came wrong, though I signed out and back in to make sure it was right. They resent the correct match pass, but the affected tickets do not have Alliance sign in, so those tickets do not get to vote. So, 3 of my tickets don't have a vote and the FO doesn't think that's a problem. I say BS. Do I have proof that I did it right? No, I didn't think I'd need to, because I signed out and back in to make sure my changes saved? 3 votes? Lame I know, but when election to the council only takes 25 votes, that's 12% of the votes a person needs to be on the Alliance.

Again: This is something the Club only fully realized a few weeks ago. Taylor told me they're working on it.

We're going to lose a few days with the announcement of the business organization splitting into two, but they'll get at it.

My prediction is that they'll set it up to open another window for designation for voting purposes this season.
BlueEyedBuddhist
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby supasta8301 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:30:09 pm

Thanks BEB.

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk
supasta8301
Past ECS Member

Previous

Return to ECS General