Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

ECS Subgroup In Oregon

General ECS talk.

Unread postby jwhitley10 » Thu Nov 7, 2013 8:02:15 pm

I am looking to start a subgroup here in Oregon; I live in Salem. I have been in talks with someone in the leadership group and he said that this was something that he would be interested in having. I have come up with a few ideas for names and symbols but the first thing that I need are the people. I see that there are a lot of people that post and talk about living in this area. Is there anyone that would be interested in joining this subgroup? If yes please also telling me where you are located and if you are someone that is wanting to meet for games or just be a member. I have found a bar here is Salem that would be willing to host us on game days however if most members are in another area I would be willing to look someplace different. I know that we are in the playoffs so I am hoping that there are enough people interested in joining so that I can get this up and going for the next season. Please tell me what you think, Thanks!
jwhitley10
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Llarian » Fri Nov 8, 2013 11:22:11 am

There's a recently formed group in Portland (48th Expat Division I think) that seems to be picking up some stream. It might be worth seeing if it makes sense to combine with them a bit? I know there's a good bit of distance between Portland and Salem, but, for example, SoCal Sound does viewings in both LA and San Diego much of the time.
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Conflagration1974 » Sat Nov 9, 2013 11:04:04 am

jwhitley10 wrote:I am looking to start a subgroup here in Oregon; I live in Salem. I have been in talks with someone in the leadership group and he said that this was something that he would be interested in having. I have come up with a few ideas for names and symbols but the first thing that I need are the people. I see that there are a lot of people that post and talk about living in this area. Is there anyone that would be interested in joining this subgroup? If yes please also telling me where you are located and if you are someone that is wanting to meet for games or just be a member. I have found a bar here is Salem that would be willing to host us on game days however if most members are in another area I would be willing to look someplace different. I know that we are in the playoffs so I am hoping that there are enough people interested in joining so that I can get this up and going for the next season. Please tell me what you think, Thanks!

We do have a sizeable group here in P*rtland now and would love to combine our efforts to get multiple viewing party options going. I have been digging around a bit too to try to find people in Salem, Eugene and Bend. I think there are quite a few Sounders in those parts. I'll PM you my info.
Conflagration1974
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Conflagration1974 » Sat Nov 9, 2013 3:50:38 pm

JWhitley10 - I just realized I can't PM you. If you're on FB join our page and I'll get a hold of you.

www.facebook.com/groups/48ExPatDivision/
Conflagration1974
ECS Leadership

Unread postby jwhitley10 » Sun Dec 8, 2013 3:22:10 pm

Ok that sounds great. Thanks for letting me know about that. Sorry it has taken me a bit to get back to you and add that group; my work has just been crazy this past week. I just added the group so id love to talk with you about all of this. My name is Jared l, please message me on Facebook so we can talk.
jwhitley10
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby FuzzyForeigner » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:07:34 pm

you can also contact justicar on the forums.
FuzzyForeigner
ECS Member 2019

Return to ECS General