Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Football Casuals

General ECS talk.

Unread postby Nikolai » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:01:35 pm

Casuals not getting along with casuals from other clubs...shocking....(And I'm using that term casuals lightly here)

These cross club groups never work out. I don't know why people keep trying or what the motivation is to keep attempting to start them. Yes we absolutely have no problem getting along with SG's from around the US but you put a bunch of randoms in an internet group and say play nice, you're going to get either a maximum amount of stupidity or never ending flame wars. Good intentions sure, but what is the overall point?
Nikolai
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby RatCity » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:07:23 pm

Cause we're all supposed to befriend nick!
RatCity
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ericgi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:51:45 pm

yeah that group should have just stayed focused on people based in North America... I would have liked to see discussions like what brands more "native" to the states/Canada would take off in casuals culture here (North Face would seem a natural for Cascadia and the Rocky Mountain teams) -- most of the stuff that the English fancy is pretty hard to find here, other than trainers.
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby Thomsjohnson » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:25:56 pm

I'm sorting it out. It was way too slow, no one was contributing at all. So I advertised on a Brit Hooligan Banter group and...well...it was probably a mistake. Most of the real nut-jobs are gone. There's nothing wrong with a bit of banter, but I'm not letting it take over. I've asked several times over for members to PM me if they have issue with the way the group is. I've got a handful of replies. I'm willing to make changes, but can only do so with your help/advice as to how you want the group to go forward.

Don't be scared of the group because there's a few Brits on there with superiority complexes. Ignore them, banter with them or PM me and we'll make some changes. Alright?
Thomsjohnson
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ericgi » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:27:18 pm

Well the first thing I always do with a new forum/group or whatever is sit back and read/lurk for a while. Learn first and not look/sound a complete fool (or tool). Maybe others are doing the same.
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby Thomsjohnson » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:51:35 pm

Fair enough. Any input is appreciated, negative or positive. I just want to promote the Casual scene here in the states, that's really it. Whatever else happens on the group is organic. If some of the 1906 lads on there get lippy, then buh-bye. Like the rest of you, I'm from Seattle and support SSFC. If comes down to being just Seattle and a few other lads from across the pond, so be it. Most of the other N. Americans on there, so far, have managed to get along with one another. Granted, it is pre-season, but so far, so good. (Except the Brit shitheads that were removed). I don't want to rule the page like a dictator, but I don't want it to get out of hand either.

Anyhow, I appreciate the commentary here. Hope to meet some of you in the future. I was away from Seattle for a few years, so I don't know a lot of you.

All the best,
Tom
Thomsjohnson
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Neorev » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:27:46 pm

Been enjoying the group myself. But I've jumped in and been social (I totally get the lurking though to see how it goes). The Brit stuff got annoying with a few who have been removed but the rest have been fine. As have the various NA ones.

- Derek
Neorev
Past ECS Member

Previous

Return to ECS General