Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

VOTE Lee White for SSFC ALLIANCE COUNCIL

General ECS talk.

Unread postby finnfan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:01:33 pm

Voting for the Alliance Council Members has restarted, and we are again going to endorse several ECS members, and have a forum topic to rally and track votes. We already got Kelly Weiler in, and now we are voting in Lee White (aka Futbol4Life). If elected, Lee will serve a term that starts immediately upon election, and ends on January 31, 2016. As always, 25 votes are needed.

It is no longer possible to give more than 25 votes to a candidate, so we won't have to track votes here. However, please feel free to post in this thread or in social media to say why you voted for etc. Let's keep the vote in active discussion!

The Alliance Council is getting more and more new members, so it is now more important than ever to make sure we vote several ECS members in. Once elected, these Council Members will safeguard our common ECS interests in the Council.

You can vote here, and it will take just a few minutes of your time:

https://vote.soundersfc.com/

To login to the voting system you need the e-mail address that you used when you bought your season tickets and your season ticket account number. If you have been designated as an Alliance member by a season ticket holder, you will need to know their account number. The voting system will show you a list of available candidates. Locate Lee White on the list and cast your vote by clicking "Choose".

If you are interested in becoming an ECS endorsed candidate, you can contact ECS Leadership, see further instructions here: http://www.weareecs.com/phpBB/viewtopic ... 26&t=21249 Note that only ECS endorsed candidates are allowed to campaign on the ECS forums and other official ECS outlets like the ECS Facebook page. We are doing this because we want to maximize the ECS representation on the council, and the best way to do that is to make sure that votes from ECS members go to candidates that will get the necessary 25 votes rather than spreading those votes around to several candidates who all fall short of the 25 vote threshold.

Finally, I want to re-stress that we need to elect new Council Members so that we guarantee the continuation of a strong ECS representation on the Council. All season ticket holders have a vote and they should definitely use it. We all know that the Alliance Council has limited power, but nevertheless they take care of some important business, such as Cascadia away ticket allocations, which is obviously of utmost importance to the ECS.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Who are you?
My name is Lee White and I want to represent the ECS on the SSFC Alliance Council. Raised in Enumclaw, and now living in Issaquah, I’ve spent the vast majority of my life in the Puget Sound area (except for four years in Anchorage, AK). With this, and my family being very involved in the development of youth soccer in Washington State, I had the opportunity in my childhood to grow up with the Seattle Sounders of the 70’s and 80’s. Now, as an adult, my passion runs deep for the team, the organization and the ECS. Both of my adult-age boys have joined me as members of ECS, so when I say I will proudly represent my ECS “family”, they’re not just words being spoken.

Why do you want to be a Council member?
Quite simply, I like to be involved. I’m not one to sit back and let others take on the burdens that are required to run an organization when I’m capable of lending a hand and contributing in a positive manner. Additionally, I see SSFC as a legacy that I would like to be a part of.

What are your goals as a Council member?
I believe that I’ll represent myself, and the ECS, in a professional manner by actively participating in discussion of the subjects at hand. In that, it will be a goal of mine to understand where ECS stands on the various topics that arise and use my voice and my vote to represent that stance.

lee.jpg
lee.jpg (57.13 KiB) Viewed 3675 times

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

How to Vote:

1. Get your Email address and Account Number:

Option A: Find the account number on your season ticket card:
      If you have the season ticket card, your account number is printed on it.
    Option B: Find an old email:
      Your email address is the one you gave when buying season tickets (or is the email that a season ticket account holder used for you, to designate you as an Alliance member)
      Your account number was sent in an email confirming your season ticket purchase (or is the account number of the season ticket holder who designated you as an Alliance member)
    Option C: Contact your ticket representative:
      You can get your account number and email by calling or email your ticket representative at the Sounders FO. If your call is not picked up, leave a message with your name and number and they'll get back to you.

2. Goto the voting website:

1. Log in
  2. Click "Vote Now"
  3. Click "Choose" next to Lee White
  4. Review the information on the next page to make sure your vote went through
  5. Log out
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Hooch » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:43:26 pm

I've already cast my vote. But I wholeheartedly endorse Lee.
Hooch
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby BlueEyedBuddhist » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:13:45 pm

Me too. I've know Lee a long time and always thought he was a good guy. He'll be a great addition to the Council.
BlueEyedBuddhist
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby finnfan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:14:56 am

We have 12 votes for Lee so far. That's a good start!

http://www.soundersfc.com/alliance/coun ... otals.aspx
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Futbol4Life » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:54:35 am

Thank you both for the positive endorsement. Now, let's get the votes in!
Futbol4Life
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby CursedFrogurt » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:07:06 am

Did you know that Lee is the guy who has volunteered his time & his truck to pick up the kegs for Cascadia trips? Vote Lee.
CursedFrogurt
Past ECS Member

Unread postby kallistec » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:34:32 pm

Hooch wrote:I've already cast my vote. But I wholeheartedly endorse Lee.

Same here. Vote Lee, dammit!
kallistec
ECS Leadership

Unread postby FuzzyForeigner » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:17:29 am

vote!
FuzzyForeigner
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Antiei30 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:33:47 am

I voted for Lee. The reason I voted for Lee was because he has always taken care of my disabled mom on Cascadia away trips. For two years my mom went by herself to Vancouver away. On her very first trip Lee made sure she didn't get lost from the group and made her feel like she was a part of the group. Every year since he still makes sure she is taken care of even if he is not a bus captain. Vote for Lee!
Antiei30
ECS Leadership

Unread postby fortuna88 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:03:19 am

Vote for Lee.
he's a great guy. Will be good on council
fortuna88
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Futbol4Life » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:22:19 am

2 more to go folks. I see a free pint of No Equal Blond in your future if you are the closing votes! (those that have voted for me previously already know I'll buy them one :-)
Futbol4Life
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby SenorSi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:38:55 am

Voted.
SenorSi
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Futbol4Life » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:54:47 am

I'll be at Temple tonight for you to collect offered pint. The political bribery, err, barter system alive and in action!
Futbol4Life
ECS Member 2020

Return to ECS General