Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Changing seats

General ECS talk.

Unread postby AllieBear » Fri Aug 8, 2014 12:08:45 pm

I was just wondering if it is frowned upon to sit with the supporters if your tickets are in another section, even if the supporters section isn't full? Obviously, if it's full that would be bad but I've been a couple times and there were plenty of seats. I just want to know if that's something you could do.
AllieBear
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ssfcultra » Fri Aug 8, 2014 1:07:31 pm

Officially it's better if you have seats for the section. Unofficially - nobody is stopping you... :mrgreen:
ssfcultra
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby Llarian » Fri Aug 8, 2014 1:51:47 pm

We had a not insubstantial number of GA season ticket denied access to their seats during the last Portland match because of people doing this, so yeah, please don't unless the section looks totally empty or something...

If you do want to stand with us, I'd suggest using our ticket exchange (or checking our partner bars prematch) to get an actual GA ticket.

Our season ticket request form for 2015 is also available now here: https://www.weareecs.com/join/ecs-section
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Nikolai » Fri Aug 8, 2014 3:55:53 pm

Real wishy washy policy here ;)

Hope to see you down there soon! Always great to have more supporters!
Nikolai
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Justicar » Sat Aug 9, 2014 12:12:56 pm

Nikolai wrote:Real wishy washy policy here ;)

Hope to see you down there soon! Always great to have more supporters!

The policy isn't wishy-washy. Don't enter the section without a ticket.

If there are seats available, that means that there are tickets available. Even during the game, people have spare tickets that didn't get used.

If you can't find a ticket, and there are seats available, you're not trying. Go to Fuel before the match, and I guarantee that if there are seats available for the section, you can find tickets there.
Justicar
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby AllieBear » Sat Aug 9, 2014 1:45:09 pm

Okay, got it, don't go in. I already bought tickets so it is unlikely I will buy another ticket the day of the match. Thanks for responding, I was just curious. I will be cheering from Section 312 tomorrow! :)
AllieBear
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ericgi » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:10:59 pm

Best solution: sell your tickets elsewhere on the SSFC exchange -- should be able to get face value for them

Then get GA tix at Fuel, should be able to get them for face there. You'll come out ahead $$$ wise since GA is cheaper, and be able to get in the section.
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby Justicar » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:37:05 pm

ericgi wrote:Best solution: sell your tickets elsewhere on the SSFC exchange -- should be able to get face value for them

Then get GA tix at Fuel, should be able to get them for face there. You'll come out ahead $$$ wise since GA is cheaper, and be able to get in the section.

What Eric said. With the exception of Cascadia matches (and even then, a good chunk of the time...) there are ALWAYS some tickets for sale either at Fuel, here on our ticket exchange, on the Facebook Ticket Exchange that some ECS folks run, or even just asking people you know to be in ECS a few days before the match.

I can't recall the last time the Sounders played where I didn't see someone ask to buy, and manage to obtain, GA tickets.
Justicar
ECS Member 2019

Return to ECS General