Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

New MLS standardized bag policy

General ECS talk.

Unread postby bougiehoolie » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:17:26 pm

Fajardo100 wrote:How will this work for people in wheelchairs? Also how will they handle Service Dogs? Mine has pouches on his harness and this is honestly rather rediculus. The minimum wage idiots they have had doing this the last couple years won't know how to do a pat down since they couldn't even wand people correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great questions. Honestly I'd call or write SSFC and see what they say directly. Would like to hear if you learn anything, sorry we don't have more information!
bougiehoolie
ECS Co-President

Unread postby julieinsc » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:46:41 pm

So will the rules be the same as they are for attending Seahawk games? For Seahawk games everything has to be in a clear bag, and I see that they have been handing out clear bags at the LA Galaxy matches before the new policy came down from the MLS.

http://www.seahawks.com/gameday/prohibi ... bag-policy
julieinsc
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Fajardo100 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:49:06 pm

I just recieved this from the Sounders:
"Thank you for your email. I appreciate you reaching out with your concern. We will be communicating more information in the next couple of days to make sure everyone fully understands the MLS changes. Our security procedures, such as wanding, will continue as normal. Pat downs will not be implemented unless requested as an alternative to wanding. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Go Sounders!

Amy Goodwin
Senior Fan Relations Representative
Seattle Sounders FC"

Rolling around in my personal dog drawn carriage.
Fajardo100
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Fajardo100 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:54:46 pm

julieinsc wrote:So will the rules be the same as they are for attending Seahawk games? For Seahawk games everything has to be in a clear bag, and I see that they have been handing out clear bags at the LA Galaxy matches before the new policy came down from the MLS.

http://www.seahawks.com/gameday/prohibi ... bag-policy

I don't believe the clear bag policy will come over to the Sounders games but I find the whole thing to be a joke since half the time they just squeeze your bag and call it good.
The people they pay don't care and know anyone seriously trying to harm someone will get in but I believe that the biggest security risk to bombs is the lines to get in because there is more than 100 people at a time in line packed densely together.
Fajardo100
Past ECS Member

Unread postby julieinsc » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:34:36 pm

Every time I've attended a game at Century Link I've had nothing but nice treatment from the security folks. They aren't the ones who make the rules - unfortunately they are the ones who have to carry out the rules. I'll admit I'm biased as a family member once worked college games security and was treated horribly by drunk college fans.

Please don't take frustration about the stupid rules on them!

BTW I've attended games as a LA Galaxy fan and still had great treatment at Century Link. ;)

Actually, the only stadium I've had problems at was that place where Portscum plays....
julieinsc
ECS Member 2019

Previous

Return to ECS General