Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Take Em All - Redux

General ECS talk.

Unread postby Mister F » Fri Mar 2, 2018 3:25:46 pm

So, I've posted about this before. I'm not an ECS member but I have to ask on here again; what is with ECS and singing this song right after a bunch of people get shot to death in Florida?

In light of the increase of gun violence affecting people's lives, maybe it's time to reconsider this song. I've seen the responses to this before too. I know that the lyrics come from the Cock Sparrer song, I know that Take Em All is a 'traditional' song, I know that ECS isn't trying to be family friendly.

My suggestion: change the words. You only have to change nine words. It's not like this isn't done for other chants. ECS keeps singing the song and you also don't promote gun violence. Seems like a win win to me.
Mister F
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby crdiaz73 » Fri Mar 2, 2018 3:50:25 pm

Thank you for your concern. Not trying to be rude or condescending at all but this is a decision that ECS Leadership will have to make and is generally discussed in private with a lot of thoughts on the issue. Feel free to become a member and you may be able to participate in the discussion or not. Other than that, this is a club matter and seeing as your not a member and have only had 2 posts, we really have no idea of who you are? If anyone would have a vote within ECS it would be it's members if it was a democracy, but it's not. Hope this helps clarify a few things.
crdiaz73
ECS Member 2019

Return to ECS General