Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

1/8 ECS FC Blue @ Bandits **W 3-0**

Unread postby SPQR » Mon Jan 9, 2012 11:06:28 am

ahorne78 wrote:As a forward I agree and I am still trying to learn to play the position as I go, so any on field or little side session talk helps. I will say that the forwards tend to get pushed wide when the wings tend to cut in to the same runs that the forwards are taking (drawing both their defenders and themselves). With zach and I drifting out we are trying to find some unoccupied space. We sometimes end up being a gaggle in the middle at the top of the box, but I get what you are saying. I will work on finding that spacing at the top and being more aggressive coming to the ball.

This is something I am going to be working on in the upcoming games. I pinch in too much, and I need to break that habit, because sometimes I press into the forwards or the center attacking mid and it hurts our shape.
SPQR
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Mon Jan 9, 2012 12:40:18 pm

As a forward you and Zach should be on an imaginary tether. When the ball is on your side you can go to the wing or to the ball, while Zach fills in the middle and vice versa.
ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby zproctor81 » Mon Jan 9, 2012 12:57:14 pm

ProdigalReality wrote:As a forward you and Zach should be on an imaginary tether. When the ball is on your side you can go to the wing or to the ball, while Zach fills in the middle and vice versa.

We definitely both know this, but somehow our wingers get sucked in and it causes a traffic jam. As Aaron said, we try to find open space wherever we can at that point. I understand where you are coming from though. I will make a better effort to get central when Aaron is wide (and vice versa). As Anthony said, he gets sucked into the middle sometimes and that is something to work on. We are all aware of it, so we should be able to sort this out next Sunday.

BTW, what's all this 'assisted by the wind' nonsense? I would rather call it 'perfectly placed in the upper V.'
:mrgreen:
zproctor81
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Needles » Mon Jan 9, 2012 1:19:55 pm

OP edited with result/stats

Code: Select all
Results for Division

1/8/2012: UPS 7 vs Mercer St. United 0
1/8/2012: Bandits 0 vs ECS FC Blue 3
1/8/2012: Green Lake FC 5 vs Wavebreakers 0
1/8/2012: Rainier Riot SC 1 vs Jet City Strikers 0
1/8/2012: Golden Wings 2 vs Journeymen FC 3