1/27 ECS FC Blue v Jet City Strikers **L 1-2**

Unread postby Needles » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:26:43 pm

1/27 ECS FC Blue v Jet City Strikers 2:45pm Georgetown

Edited with result:
L 1-2
Needles
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Wild Max » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:42:32 pm

I'll be there. Got back in town on time.

Win.
Wild Max
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ssfcultra » Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:48:08 pm

Goal to Markus Luke. Definitely not our best game today. We need to finish our chances and play our style. We got a bit panicked at times and resorted to the long ball to our detriment. I think, in hindsight, I probably got you guys too fired up pregame when we need to be a bit more calm to play our game. Also, my apologies to players that didn't get a ton of time. I tried to rotate folks but we got a bit stuck once we went to 3-4-3.

Bottom line: let's get back on track next weekend. We can do this!
ssfcultra
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby MarkusL » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:47:28 pm

Thanks for stepping in today to coach us, Keith. Everything said after the game by Keith, Anthony, and Brandon was the truth. We need to simplify things and get back to the basics with better touches and better passing. It seemed like at times we had never played with one another - but there is some truth to this with some new and some returning faces from seasons past; so we need some work on our chemistry. My one observation is that many of you are not moving after you pass the ball. Even the short passes; especially those. What happens is you make a fine pass, you watch the fine pass you made and admire it, and their defender comes in and then cuts off the option back to you. 2 shuffles to the left or right just after you make you pass and you are open again in space with time to look up and turn if the ball comes back to you. Also, don't run away from the player you passed to (all the time) - stay near for support some of the time. Pass, move, pass, move, pass, move. We are all guilty of ball watching at one point or another, but if we keep this to a minimum, we can bring more fluidity to our game. Pass, move, pass, move, pass, move, score. We need to do this more.
MarkusL
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby ahorne78 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:38:32 am

I know my after match F word "mouth spectacular" doesn't help in the long run and I agree with everything else being said. Our team is better than all of this and we need to start having fun again when playing. Support, defend, attack and let's take it to the next team in a way they have never seen before next week. ROCK HARD! (sorry, had to do it)
ahorne78
Past ECS Member

Unread postby tepid » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:11:50 am

Pictures are up.

Link.
tepid
ECS Member 2018

Return to ECS FC Matches