Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

6/23 ECS FC Blue v FC Spare Tire 9:00am Valley Ridge #3

Unread postby PapermakerFC » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:48:01 pm

Score...?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. Sorry about that guys. Hope George gets better, and better luck next time.
PapermakerFC
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby fcsvisitor » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:42:59 pm

It sounds like the keeper got screwed, though the rule is once the whistle is blown it is his responsibility to be well-positioned. Was the PK any good, as a shot? In other words, he would have saved it? Also, I hear there was a missed PK by ECS?
fcsvisitor
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Cascade » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:47:41 pm

fcsvisitor wrote:It sounds like the keeper got screwed, though the rule is once the whistle is blown it is his responsibility to be well-positioned. Was the PK any good, as a shot? In other words, he would have saved it? Also, I hear there was a missed PK by ECS?

:lurking:
Cascade
Past ECS Member

Unread postby MarkusL » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:35:15 pm

fcsvisitor wrote:It sounds like the keeper got screwed, though the rule is once the whistle is blown it is his responsibility to be well-positioned. Was the PK any good, as a shot? In other words, he would have saved it? Also, I hear there was a missed PK by ECS?

I wouldn't say ECS missed the PK so much as their keeper saved it, probably because he was given the courtesy to set himself. :roll: So good on you, other team's keeper. I'm sure Chromy had a decent chance at saving the first one, given a chance.

Anyways - can't wait to read all about it from your perspective.
MarkusL
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby LittleBlood » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:53:10 am

MarkusL wrote:If you don't want to wait for the Spare Tire recap of the game, here's a synopsis:

Poca has a hard head. George has a broken nose. We had two one on ones with the keeper that should have been goals. They have good acting in the box to win PKs. Their goal keeper was talking shit. The ref didn't let Chromy (shut out leader for the past 2 seasons) set for the first PK, and got beaned in the back of the leg for it. The after game quote from their team was "Damn, you guys are fit."

me head is still bumpin. that was a winable game and if it weren't for a couple lapses in concentration we could have easily held the shutout. my bad on giving up the PK, they sure did like to bait us into them.
LittleBlood
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SPQR » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:50:42 am

How is the quality of a penalty relevant if a keeper is not prepared to save it? Either way, by the book, the kick can be taken as soon as the referee blows the whistle. It is, however, common courtesy/practice all over the world for the referee to wait for the keeper to be set, one that I feel we should have been afforded.

Regardless, no need to dwell too much on this. As Arthur said, this is our first loss in a long time, so a good time to bounce back. On to the next one, boys...
SPQR
Past ECS Member

Unread postby MarkusL » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:20:20 pm

SPQR wrote:Regardless, no need to dwell too much on this. As Arthur said, this is our first loss in a long time, so a good time to bounce back. On to the next one, boys...

It's still nice to know that we are the only team that has cost either of the top 2 teams a non-win.
MarkusL
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby zproctor81 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:34:22 pm

http://www.fcsparetire.com/mycustompage0003.htm

Well Markus, I made it into their little version of events twice (Once for my 'It is still scoreless" statement after the gift goal and once for blowing the PK chance).

Good thing I had my purse with me while taking that spot kick.

I have a feeling the next time we see these classy older gentleman, things will be even more physical.

I have to go powder my nose.
zproctor81
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Lassidawg » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:22:06 pm

More Physical would be awesome, because a broken nose and a fractured forehead wasn't enough.
Lassidawg
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby zproctor81 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:54:20 am

Lassidawg wrote:More Physical would be awesome, because a broken nose and a fractured forehead wasn't enough.

The funny thing is, both of those injuries happened during the run of play where the players involved were just going after the ball (No malicious intent). My point was, I can see this becoming a good rivalry if we stay in the same division, and as is the case with any good rivalry, there is a more physical style of play that carries the tone of the match.
zproctor81
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby MarkusL » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:25:09 pm

zproctor81 wrote:
Lassidawg wrote:More Physical would be awesome, because a broken nose and a fractured forehead wasn't enough.

The funny thing is, both of those injuries happened during the run of play where the players involved were just going after the ball (No malicious intent). My point was, I can see this becoming a good rivalry if we stay in the same division, and as is the case with any good rivalry, there is a more physical style of play that carries the tone of the match.

I just hope the writing gets better.. I'm looking for a novelette next time. And I forgot to say stupid shit to see my words in writing. BTW - I love your purse.
MarkusL
ECS Member 2020

Previous

Return to ECS FC Matches