Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

6/30 ECS FC Blue v Sea-Town United 1:00pm Upper Genesee

Unread postby PapermakerFC » Mon Jul 1, 2013 9:53:15 pm

I would have been more okay with it if some of those Fuego guys wanted to play with us. Then again, I don't know if there is a rough history between us and them.
PapermakerFC
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby MarkusL » Tue Jul 2, 2013 10:40:26 am

PapermakerFC wrote:I would have been more okay with it if some of those Fuego guys wanted to play with us. Then again, I don't know if there is a rough history between us and them.

After the game - they said they had asked us first if they could play, and we declined. I agree that it would have been better if they split up and played for both teams - but it's more unfortunate that their game was cancelled and they instead played in their own game - and not had played in our game at all. It's one thing to go poach players from another team that just played to help you round out their roster, but this was completely different. I call it bad team management on Sea-town's part. Arthur pulled some strings to make sure we had at least a couple subs.

I'd like to say we could have held our lead if they only had their original 11. But we'll never know..
MarkusL
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby PapermakerFC » Tue Jul 2, 2013 5:14:10 pm

MarkusL wrote:
PapermakerFC wrote:I would have been more okay with it if some of those Fuego guys wanted to play with us. Then again, I don't know if there is a rough history between us and them.

After the game - they said they had asked us first if they could play, and we declined. I agree that it would have been better if they split up and played for both teams - but it's more unfortunate that their game was cancelled and they instead played in their own game - and not had played in our game at all. It's one thing to go poach players from another team that just played to help you round out their roster, but this was completely different. I call it bad team management on Sea-town's part. Arthur pulled some strings to make sure we had at least a couple subs.

I'd like to say we could have held our lead if they only had their original 11. But we'll never know..

A couple Fuego guys early in the first half asked if we needed subs, and I told the two of them that the other team could probably use them. I didn't want to speak for the team, so I looked to Arthur and George to see what they wanted, and I guess from whatever the three of us on the sideline did, they thought we didn't want any of them at all. If I had known they were asking to play in our match collectively, I'm sure there would have been talks with someone with Sea-Town to split the Fuego group evenly to make it a fair match. Sorry, guys. :???:
PapermakerFC
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby liquidmj » Tue Jul 2, 2013 9:03:35 pm

There's no apologies necessary. This game is done and past. I'm focusing on the following week already. We've never made excuses before and I don't feel like starting now.
liquidmj
ECS Member 2020

Previous

Return to ECS FC Matches