Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

2013 Fall ECSPL Become a Ref Thread

Unread postby blurrygil » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:45:48 pm

*UPDATE FOR 2013 FALL SEASON*
For the new Fall 2013 season, we're going to be able to assign MORE center officials than in the previous two seasons. Therefore, our pool will be expansive and we can use ALL of the volunteers we can get. If you are interested in becoming an ECSPL referee, please do not hesitate to contact me.

In addition, we are asking that if you are planning on PLAYING or MANAGING this season, please DO NOT APPLY AS A REFEREE!

********************************************************************************
Ever felt you could make the call better than Salazar? Think you're more consistent than Baldomir Toledo? Think you're more unbiased than Kevin Stott? Then why don't you step up and prove it and become an ECSPL referee?! We'll show you the basics like proper positioning, going over all 17 FIFA Laws of the Game, all of the ECSPL-specific rules, and how to apply this to live play. Need recommendations on great officiating equipment? Yeah, we'll help you out on that too. And we'll even point you in the right direction to get USSF certified to ref outside of Pub League. Just see Dannicus (Dan Vanderwerf), who has been working hard towards better fitness and becoming a Grade 7 official (which we wish him luck in achieving)!

If you are interested in becoming a referee (whether you're already a player, trainer/coach, other) for this year's ECSPL, please feel free to PM me!

>>Training or experience is NOT REQUIRED and there is NO COST (Equipment costs NOT covered, however)<<

Included in the training is a curriculum for prospective referees to learn the all of the basics and nuances of becoming a licensed USSF and ECSPL referee. This will include some "classroom" work and study, followed by a full written Entry Exam. Finally, we'll go over some field instruction, practice and application to get your confidence up on the pitch.

Again, please contact me or PM me about becoming a USSF/ECSPL referee!
blurrygil
Past ECS Member

Unread postby blurrygil » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:29:37 pm

I am VERY pleased to announce that for this year's ECSPL season, we have a potential pool of EIGHT (8) referees available.

A huge "thank you" to everyone who volunteered and inquired. Starting tomorrow, we begin the training process for our officials, with all of them potentially USSF-qualified by the end of the week!

On 3.2.13, we'll be bringing them out for their first field training. As much as it may be the first time for you playing organized soccer/footy next weekend, it'll be their first time refereeing. So please, I ask that players don't go too hard on them, lol.

Even though we have a great stable of referees ready for this season, I will certainly not turn anyone else away from wanting to learn. If you're interested in becoming an ECSPL referee, please feel free to contact myself or anyone on the ECSPL organizational team.

Thanks!
blurrygil
Past ECS Member

Unread postby blurrygil » Wed Aug 7, 2013 4:20:10 pm

**BUMP FOR 2013 FALL SEASON**

OP has been changed. Please read entire post before replying.
blurrygil
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Skarpian » Thu Aug 8, 2013 8:03:38 am

Bump...
Skarpian
Past ECS Member

Unread postby blurrygil » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:50:58 am

Sooooooo we're in a bit of dire straits for referees this year. Nearly my entire squad from the Spring season is either extremely limited on participation or are unable to officiate completely (either way, they're useless...lol).

However, we still have a need for referees this season. If you (or someone you know) are a season official or a complete newbie and simply always wanted to try it, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE spread the word and/or let me know!

Thanks all!
blurrygil
Past ECS Member

Unread postby blurrygil » Fri Sep 6, 2013 10:30:04 am

Hey everyone, we could still use one more referee for the season. Experience not required. Pass the word around and help us out in rounding out our team of officials!
blurrygil
Past ECS Member

Return to ECS Pub League