Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Pub League Feedback

Unread postby uhlenkott » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:12:48 pm

Silly Question - Why can't we double the amount of teams and have an upper and a lower division?

Wouldn't this resolve the issue of having different skill abilities on the field. The two divisions would be set up how they are now with the half pitch game and than a full pitch game. If people shouldn't be in a division they just get transferred to the other one. That's what a lot of other leagues do around Seattle and if we're looking to double the amount of people anyways it would all work out?

Just a question and I hope no one else hasn't already suggested it as I just quickly scanned through the previous posts. :)
uhlenkott
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Skarpian » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:32:49 pm

Simple answer... Man power. Other leagues have staff that are paid to manage the leagues. We have volunteers and a very limited number at that. If we wanted to just facilitate a schedule with fields and refs no problem, simple, done, but I feel pub league is much more then that.

I honestly see it going that way in the future, but right now I am lacking committed volunteers to make dreams like this happen so we have to take baby steps so the whole thing doesn't blow up on us.

Good question though and thanks for asking as I'm sure others have thought the same.
Skarpian
Past ECS Member

Unread postby cethe » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:26:18 am

that would be a great idea for the future, i like it!
cethe
ECS Member 2020

Previous

Return to ECS Pub League