Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Charity auction procurement

Talk about anything here.

Unread postby rockerchickmica » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:26:45 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm on the auction committee of an awesome nonprofit in Seattle called Provail. They help people with disabilities live independent lives. They also are working with cutting edge technology using iPads and software to help those who can't speak communicate with a couple swipes. It's awesome and a cause dear to my heart!

The problem I've been running into is getting in touch with someone in the Sounders organization to see if they want to be a part of this auction and donate some items/tickets/ field passes to the live auction. When I go thru the channels and utilize their donation page, it keeps saying "we're not accepting donation requests at this time. Check back in February, March. Etc..."

Does anyone here have a contact in the Sounders organization they can put me in contact with? I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, if anyone is interested in helping out, donating or learning more, let me know!

Thanks much,

Monica
rockerchickmica
ECS Leadership

Unread postby revolution1973 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:36:24 pm

As a family who has tried to get the Sounders to donate items to school auctions it is a pain. You have to go through their community outreach people. They mail you a packet you send it back and you may or may not get something. They only have a limited amount of donations per year.
revolution1973
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby rockerchickmica » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:30:24 pm

Thanks for the advice. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.
rockerchickmica
ECS Leadership

Unread postby aeolsen » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:19:28 am

rockerchickmica wrote:Thanks for the advice. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.

Reach out to the specific department in March. Their website says they are not taking donation requests until then.
aeolsen
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby rockerchickmica » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:55:49 pm

I keep going back every month and the site keeps pushing it out another month. I'll keep persisting!
rockerchickmica
ECS Leadership

Return to General