Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Hello from Scotland!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself.

Unread postby ScottishLewis » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:38:26 am

Hello :)
I have been quite impressed by the videos on YouTube and thought i'd come say hi :D
Would love to make a trip over one day.
ScottishLewis
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby reasonbass » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:47:42 am

Welcome to the boards! Are you a supporter of a particular team over there?
reasonbass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ScottishLewis » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:51:19 am

I am a season ticket holder at Rangers :)
ScottishLewis
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Framlingham » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:28:56 am

Best of luck in the 3rd Division!
Framlingham
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ScottishLewis » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:37:36 am

Framlingham wrote:Best of luck in the 3rd Division!

Cheers mate :)
ScottishLewis
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby finnfan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:45:43 am

Welcome! I would love to hear stories from your season as it starts unfolding. I understand it started a short while ago, with a cup match if I remember correctly.

I'm actually an ECS member from Finland. I lived in Seattle for a long enough while that I got very involved with the ECS and can honestly call myself a supporter of the Sounders, but my first and biggest love is in my home city of Tampere, Finland. The club is called Tampere United, and we have gone through a bit of a similar story as the Rangers, and ended up having to restart the club at the bottom of the pyramid at the seventh tier of Finnish football.

We are in no way comparable to the Rangers in size or merits, but I thought you might find our story interesting. There is a thread on Tampere United on this forum here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13694

The restarted club has English pages here: http://tamu-k.com/english/ (the rightmost item in the menu "IN ENGLISH" has links to more content).
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby ScottishLewis » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:28:29 pm

finnfan wrote:Welcome! I would love to hear stories from your season as it starts unfolding. I understand it started a short while ago, with a cup match if I remember correctly.

I'm actually an ECS member from Finland. I lived in Seattle for a long enough while that I got very involved with the ECS and can honestly call myself a supporter of the Sounders, but my first and biggest love is in my home city of Tampere, Finland. The club is called Tampere United, and we have gone through a bit of a similar story as the Rangers, and ended up having to restart the club at the bottom of the pyramid at the seventh tier of Finnish football.

We are in no way comparable to the Rangers in size or merits, but I thought you might find our story interesting. There is a thread on Tampere United on this forum here: http://weareecs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13694

The restarted club has English pages here: http://tamu-k.com/english/ (the rightmost item in the menu "IN ENGLISH" has links to more content).

Wow. Respect to all the fans of this club who stuck by it. Wish the club luck in the future.
ScottishLewis
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby finnfan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:13:48 pm

Thank you! I wish you success too, a speedy return to the top.

My first memory of Rangers is from the 1986-87 UEFA Cup season, when they played against Ilves Tampere (who were later one of the clubs that founded Tampere United) in the first round. I was at the second leg match in Tampere, which Ilves actually ended up winning 2-0. That didn't help much though, as the first leg had gone 4-0 to Rangers. But it is still a fond memory, playing against such a big club and scoring a couple goals.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby liquidmj » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:57:20 am

Welcome to our forums. I would be interested as well to hear from your perspective how the next few seasons go. Also, I do hope you make it over here someday and we'll be sure to buy you many rounds.
liquidmj
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ScottishLewis » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:13:08 am

liquidmj wrote:Welcome to our forums. I would be interested as well to hear from your perspective how the next few seasons go. Also, I do hope you make it over here someday and we'll be sure to buy you many rounds.

Cheers mate :D
I'm holding you to that offer ;)
ScottishLewis
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby ScottishLewis » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:00:55 am

finnfan wrote:Thank you! I wish you success too, a speedy return to the top.

My first memory of Rangers is from the 1986-87 UEFA Cup season, when they played against Ilves Tampere (who were later one of the clubs that founded Tampere United) in the first round. I was at the second leg match in Tampere, which Ilves actually ended up winning 2-0. That didn't help much though, as the first leg had gone 4-0 to Rangers. But it is still a fond memory, playing against such a big club and scoring a couple goals.

Wow, I wasn't even alive then but I'm sure my Dad was probably at the home leg. Wish I was around in the time of the Rangers team of this era. What a team it was! European nights at Ibrox are still really good but unfortunately we are in the bottom tier of Scottish football so there won't be any for at least 4 years minimum :(
ScottishLewis
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Spinfyre » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:33:00 am

Welcome to the boards!
Spinfyre
ECS Member 2021

Unread postby ssfcultra » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:41:43 am

Welcome to the forums! I'm sure it'll be a quick climb back to the Scottish Premier. So far it looks like the Yanks are staying put. That should really help your club.
ssfcultra
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ScottishLewis » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:46:15 am

ssfcultra wrote:Welcome to the forums! I'm sure it'll be a quick climb back to the Scottish Premier. So far it looks like the Yanks are staying put. That should really help your club.

Thanks mate :)

Unfortunately Edu and Bedoya have left the club. Carlos Bocanegra looks as though he is staying and has been made captain :D
ScottishLewis
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Nikolai » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:22:04 am

Hello from America! Welcome to the forums! Come visit our country sometime, we have many women.
Nikolai
ECS Member 2020

Next

Return to Say Hi