Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Sounders supporters for #SaveTheCrew

Talk about US Leagues and the US National team here.

Unread postby Nguyen » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:43 pm

Hey all, so while I am a passionate Sounders fan, I was born and raised in Ohio and my heart feels greatly for what Crew fans are going through.
Sounders fans a have a uniquely powerful voice in MLS, and I was hoping we could organize something on a large scale to not only show solidarity with Columbus, but to send a message to MLS that fans won't tolerate this kind of betrayal. Whether it be a banner, a secondary tifo (I don't mean to take away from the Sounders' playoff run), phone campaigns to league sponsors, etc... anything would help. I know a lot of you went through the experience of losing the Sonics, and can empathize with the situation. It would mean the world to Crew fans.
Also: There's a lot of misinformation going around about the Crew, preventing people from joining the movement; if anyone has sincere question, feel free.
Nguyen
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby aeolsen » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Please see previous post regarding supporting crew. We do not support the crew. While a lot of us think the move sucks for the league we will not as a group do more than we have in support of them
aeolsen
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby Nicholaus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:28 pm

Feel free to take this the wrong way, but I am skeptical about members with 1 forum post choosing to make their introduction to the forum to ask that we support another team. Especially when that other team is Columbus, a team that through their history, have had their supporters go out of their way to treat us like shit.

I can't state it better than aeolsen above.

I hope you utilize these forums to post more about your experiences as a Sounders Supporter. I grew up about 90 minutes from Ohio (Western New York) and definitely don't miss the winter there! Though, I do look forward to returning to the area on December 9th.
Nicholaus
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby martinrcorpus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Can we get this moved to insider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
martinrcorpus
ECS Member 2019

Return to US Soccer