Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

World Cup Travel Partners

Talk about US Leagues and the US National team here.

Unread postby Leminkainen » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:56:48 pm

I am going to Brazil to support the USMNT and take part of the world’s largest party in the world’s best country for partying. I am planning on taking ~100 days (Begining to middle of March) to get down to the Sal Paulo area for the opening match and then working my way around following the USMNT, ending with the final in Rio.

I am here looking for people that would be interesting in going down to Brazil. I am open to stopping at any of the need to see things and any of the tourist traps that someone might want to see. The things that I am planning on stopping at include: Ruins, Vulcan Baru, Corcovado, Panama Canal, Machu Picchu, Salar de Uyuni, Lake Titicaca, Ushuaia (Weather permitting), Itaipu Dam.
While there is some time constraints my starting point and starting time frame is somewhat flexible.

If you are interested let me know. I am starting in the USA from Seattle.

LEM
Leminkainen
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Nikolai » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:50:09 pm

You're an animal.
Nikolai
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Leminkainen » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:30:49 am

Thanks Nick.

You can join :)

Lem
Leminkainen
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ares » Mon Oct 7, 2013 9:47:34 pm

I am planning on the trip also. What tickets did you apply for? Specific stadium or following the USMNT? Or are you planning on doing the ticket thing down there?
ares
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Leminkainen » Tue Oct 8, 2013 5:11:54 am

Ares -

I applied for Tickets to games #1, 49, 55, 58, 61, 62, 64 (opening and then elimination games till final)

I am going to be based out of the Sal Paulo area (looking to just get a house with a bunch of other americans)

Because I have the vehicle (motorcycle) I am planning on going to as many games within driving distance of Sal Paulo (Rio, Belo and Curitiba ~Port Alegra, ~Brasilia ~Cuiaba)

This will give access to at least 1 USMNT game and 50-50 chance of 2+ games.

Have you been to a WCF before? When I was in SA the ticketing was definatley available at the tournament but getting tickets beforehand certainly helped with organizing a trip. I would certainly recomend Applying for tickets right now (first draw is Friday) and getting what tickets you can now. Even if you can't end up going but have tickets I am sure that I can sell them for you and you can make a couple bucks :signhere: Getting tickets/trading tickets and all that fun will CERTAINLY happen just have to wait till you are there.

What are you initial thoughts? Team specific, Stadium Specific, What ever you can get? How long are you going to be there for? Plans for a place to stay? Transportation?

I pm'ed you my personal cell and email. Call or email if you would rather chat verbally rather than through the forums (Also I will be running the Merch table Wed so stop by and say hi)

Lem
Leminkainen
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby egal » Thu Dec 5, 2013 4:46:21 pm

With all the excitement of finding out the World Cup draws tomorrow, and people starting to plan their travel to Brasil I wanted to share with the Sounders community an alternative to traditional hotel accommodations (rates are up 600% during the world cup!).

My cousin recently started a program in Rio called Favela Experience (check it out here! http://favelaexperience.com/) to offer authentic favela experiences for people traveling in Brasil. It's something he's incredibly passionate about, and they've had great success so far (here is a write up in Forbes, http://www.forbes.com/sites/megacities/ ... es-in-rio/).

In light of the world cup draw announcement tomorrow (and importantly learning where each team will be playing their first few games), they are offering discounts on accommodations for booking early (http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/favel ... cup-in-rio). There are some really great deals, and they've already been getting booked up during non-travel season, so I imagine places will be going fast for the World Cup.

I will be visiting next week (unfortunately going to the World Cup wasn't going to work out for me, so I had to 'settle' for spending a few weeks in December instead :) ) and staying at a few of their accommodations, and generally spending a most of my time exploring the area. I would be more than happy to share my experiences with anyone who has questions or wants to learn more about it. And in general If you have any questions about what it is, or how it works or anything, feel free to message me!

Here's to hoping the US gets a good draw tomorrow!

p.s. also if you are going to the World Cup, I recommend getting your Visa application in early, they can take a frustratingly long time....
egal
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby figueroajosej » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:28:16 pm

Anyone has advise on how to apply for a visa to Brasil? I heard I have to do it in person or via an agency. Can anyone recommend a good agency?
figueroajosej
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Leminkainen » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:54:53 pm

pm sent
Leminkainen
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby cowgoesmootwice » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:41:57 pm

Are there any other ECSers who are planning on making the trip down? I haven't been on the forums in a LONG while so I might have missed other discussions of it. I'll be going down & once I figure out what tickets i'll have after the final first come first served period i'll plan on posting. Currently only have Match 24 in Recife.
cowgoesmootwice
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby SeattleCalcio » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:59:12 am

Several of us going the AO package
SeattleCalcio
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Leminkainen » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:57:46 am

Really... you use MY post... and try . And take away from it...

So exciting!
Leminkainen
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby cowgoesmootwice » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:14:06 pm

Leminkainen wrote:Really... you use MY post... and try . And take away from it...

So exciting!

:D :P
cowgoesmootwice
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ares » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:15:06 pm

Any new news on ticket allocation?
ares
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Leminkainen » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:16:36 am

I picked up a ticket to the quarter final round in Brasilia. Cowsgomootwice got one in group stage for recife.

You pick up any?

Lem
Leminkainen
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ares » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:03:28 pm

None here. Any tips on solid thirdparty sites?
ares
Past ECS Member

Next

Return to US Soccer