Talk about MLS tifo or clubs here.

Unread postby msilverstein47 » Mon Dec 2, 2013 11:25:55 am

msilverstein47
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby msilverstein47 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:04:21 am

msilverstein47
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:47:27 pm

Do you ever plan on doing anything besides spamming articles?
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby msilverstein47 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:36:52 am

SP The Ghost wrote:Do you ever plan on doing anything besides spamming articles?

it's not "spam"...you want to call it "link dumping" then maybe I can live with that. I like to provide the news...feel free to ignore it or comment with your own opinion. I want to keep my opinions to myself. You can ignore me or feel free to report me to your Mods. They can ban me if they would like, no worries whatever they decide.
msilverstein47
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby RatCity » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:49:53 am

Yeah I kind of feel the same. Mods and reporting seem unnecessary. Would you be willing to create a thread in the general area or something that was purely for your links. I'm sure some people read the links but between lack of interest and context, I find your posts often just clutter up the boards. It would be easier in my opinion to have your own thread where you could post your daily news and people can go there if they like, but would also keep the boards a little less cluttered.

Oh and I think your links are being called spam because of their frequency, lack of context, your lack of being a paid member(normally not an issue but suspect with your content), and some of the posts you've made make you appear to be a ticket broker(could be wrong on that).
RatCity
Past ECS Member

Unread postby afecks » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:33:07 am

msilverstein47 wrote:You can ignore me or feel free to report me to your Mods.

[Emphasis added.]

Your verbiage here suggests that you don't view yourself as being part of this community of people. (You'd have said "the mods" if you considered yourself part of this group) This makes wonder why you're here at all. I'm just trying to figure out your purpose.

You "like to provide the news"? You're NOT providing the news. You're linking to other people who have provided the news. Since you don't consider yourself part of this group (in my estimation), I'm just trying to figure out what your purpose is in posting this stuff, and I'm coming up empty.

Perhaps you can enlighten me?

Case in point: You abandoned your own "say hi" thread, rather than engage in discussion about where you reffed, and if you like the Sounders. So I'm still left wondering why you're here...
afecks
Past ECS Member

Unread postby msilverstein47 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:57:28 am

afecks wrote:
msilverstein47 wrote:You can ignore me or feel free to report me to your Mods.

[Emphasis added.]

Your verbiage here suggests that you don't view yourself as being part of this community of people. (You'd have said "the mods" if you considered yourself part of this group) This makes wonder why you're here at all. I'm just trying to figure out your purpose.

You "like to provide the news"? You're NOT providing the news. You're linking to other people who have provided the news. Since you don't consider yourself part of this group (in my estimation), I'm just trying to figure out what your purpose is in posting this stuff, and I'm coming up empty.

Perhaps you can enlighten me?

Case in point: You abandoned your own "say hi" thread, rather than engage in discussion about where you reffed, and if you like the Sounders. So I'm still left wondering why you're here...

so you knew all about this DCU/Inter arrangement? Clearly that's a good sign for both DCU and the league no? I think that it's important MLS news for folks to know about. and yes I'm part of the greater soccer community, but clearly I failed to follow-up on my "say hi" thread so I apologize to you and to everyone else who was impacted by my oversight.
msilverstein47
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby msilverstein47 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:02:43 am

RatCity wrote:Yeah I kind of feel the same. Mods and reporting seem unnecessary. Would you be willing to create a thread in the general area or something that was purely for your links. I'm sure some people read the links but between lack of interest and context, I find your posts often just clutter up the boards. It would be easier in my opinion to have your own thread where you could post your daily news and people can go there if they like, but would also keep the boards a little less cluttered.

Oh and I think your links are being called spam because of their frequency, lack of context, your lack of being a paid member(normally not an issue but suspect with your content), and some of the posts you've made make you appear to be a ticket broker(could be wrong on that).

Thanks Rat, I'll consider the idea of posting my future MLS items in the general area going forward. And I apologize to you if you if I've created a negative impact on this Board by "clutter"...that was definitely not my intent. My intent was only to spread "news" via links about the game that we all love.
msilverstein47
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Ultra666 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:36:03 am

I personally have no issue with these link posts.
They add content that others were not adding, even if the original poster was not adding any of their own opinions on the news that was linked.

At least they are being posted in the proper forums.
Ultra666
ECS Founder

Unread postby msilverstein47 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:12:08 am

Ultra666 wrote:I personally have no issue with these link posts.
They add content that others were not adding, even if the original poster was not adding any of their own opinions on the news that was linked.

At least they are being posted in the proper forums.

Thanks Ultra...yes, I always try and place in the proper forums and I try and research the thread to make sure that I'm not creating new threads when one already exists.
Happy Holidays!
M
msilverstein47
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby msilverstein47 » Fri Aug 8, 2014 8:59:25 am

msilverstein47
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby ssfcultra » Fri Aug 8, 2014 3:06:44 pm

This is what we would describe as "meh."
ssfcultra
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby ericgi » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:04:55 pm

They must be angling to get first dibs on Altidore when the latest EJ experiment ends in a train wreck, as it surely is going to based on his latest twitter blow up LOLZ
ericgi
ECS Founder

Return to MLS