Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Cambridge United FC

Talk about the Rest of the World's football clubs and tifo here.

Unread postby Tom_CUFC » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:22:42 am

We've been shafted AGAIN.

There is no sell-on clause to Kitson's former club Cambridge United

He went for ?5.5million, that would've been ?1.1million, but apparantely, our ex-chairman, the one who made this crap deal in the first place, and the one who nearly ruined our football club twice, the one who took all our money on a Friday night away to Northampton so we didn't have to sell Kitson and then sold him days later....got Reading to pay us a pittance to wipe out the sell on clause from the transfer.

Words cannot describe just how mad I am right now, this could've transformed our club totally, and that twat has taken it away from us again. Assuming it's actually him, this will get nasty.
Tom_CUFC
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Ultra666 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:42:37 am

Damn, just when you think you are getting a big break... :wall:
Ultra666
ECS Founder

Unread postby ericgi » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:54:53 am

Sounds like you need a rope and a tree for this twat :evil:
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby Tom_CUFC » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:34:18 pm

http://www.cambridge-united.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10423~1346986,00.html

What a load of utter rubbish! Why, why have we agreed a deal in the week the transfer was being made? And once again, as with all the bloody transfers, they won't tell us the fee, what a joke we are.

He went for 5.5million, Stoke say they paid 3million up front, 20% of which is 600k. For it to be worthwhile we must have got at least ?750k right now off Reading for it to be even close to being acceptable. Why though? Why not just wait a bit for the extra money. For the sake of ?100,000-?200,000 right now, I'd rather we waited and got an extra ?500k over a period of time, we may need it another time.

What a joke. The board will be getting some stick at the Everton game tomorrow that's for sure.
Tom_CUFC
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Tom_CUFC » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:42:06 pm

All the details on the deal are here http://cambridgeunited.rivals.net/News/ ... 0165&id=95 . What a mess, our board need sacking, they have no idea what they're doing. Mr Hanauer needs to make an emergency visit over here to sort them out for us!

Other bad news, we played in our away kit today, which have a different sponsor to the home shirt (home kit is Haart, away is Kershaw) which was odd, and all the Haart sponsorship boards have been taken down. Apparantely they're in financial difficulty and may have to pull out of the contract, which is another opportunity for our board to let us lose out on some money. I just don't know what to expect from our club anymore, I really don't.

As for the game today, whilst I'm here, probably the only pre-season game I'll get to and it was a decent one to choose. Playing against a very strong Everton side (7 international players) and we won 4-2! Very good game, we looked pretty good and our new signings were impressive. We played some beautiful stuff and it looks encouraging, but of course, pre-season means bugger all. We got one of our new "ultra like" songs on the go today too and it sounded pretty good, no flags or stuff yet obviously, still got a lot of work to do in the next 3 weeks before the first league game.

I've recorded the highlights off TV onto my camera, so the bad camerawork here isn't me, it's from the actual cameraman!
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=kYtNl5Lz61E
Tom_CUFC
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ericgi » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:34:48 pm

Good result, keep up the good work! Who's the bird doing the news reporting... not half bad

That is a bit bizarre having different shirt sponsors home and away. Never heard of that before.
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby thanatos80 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:42:44 am

ericgi wrote:That is a bit bizarre having different shirt sponsors home and away. Never heard of that before.
The Limpact have THREE different sponsors, Saputo (home & away), Quebec (home), and Hydro Quebec (home). How weird is that?
thanatos80
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Tom_CUFC » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:04:52 am

We've done it for about 10 years, I imagine it probably gets us a bit more money, and having 2 sponsors instead of one will get the club's name out a bit more. Rumours are the new sponsor is some building company owned by someone on the board of directors, which is worrying considering the stadium sponsorship is also a company owned by someone on the board of directors.

One last thing on the Everton game, very good video from the local paper getting some up close action and crowd stuff (pre-season friendly, don't read much into all the girly screaming and stuff.....) - http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/video/m ... ton_DJ.wmv

Also, in case you didn't notice, Robbie Wilmott got the 3rd, so training alongside Mr Le Toux obviously did him some favours! (He also missed a sitter from a similar position, so maybe he'd been training too much around Andre Schmid.....)
Tom_CUFC
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ericgi » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:36:41 pm

send him back over, we've got no second striker option til Levesque heals up
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby tallguy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:55:19 am

ericgi wrote:send him back over, we've got no second striker option til Levesque heals up

and who knows when THAT'S gonna be. wish Hanauer would get somebody in here NOW!
tallguy
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Tom_CUFC » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:05:52 pm

ericgi wrote:send him back over, we've got no second striker option til Levesque heals up

We'd be able to if our club didn't tell the whole freaking world that we're buying striker X, allowing Football League teams to jump in and sign them before we actually get into talks with them.

The similarities between our front line and Seattle's front line is quite spectacular really.
Tom_CUFC
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Tom_CUFC » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:49:33 am

Right, got my copy of our season review DVD today, wonderful stuff, and I'm offering 3 totally free copies to you guys. However I'd imagine there's going to be a problem with DVD regions. You'll only be able to play it on your computer. Based on what I've researched, you'll be prompted to change the region when you play the DVD, but you can only do it 5 times. If it doesn't work, I'll keep pursuing for you guys! Any other/better suggestions more than welcome (the other solution would be to create a proper ZIP file that I could email, but I've totally forgotton how to do it).

The DVD has two files on it. The first file contains all the goals (well, it's missing a few games in October) from the regular season, as well as extended highlights from our FA Cup tie at Wolverhampton, and the 2nd file has extended highlights of all 3 playoff games.

Was the first time I've watched any footage of the playoff final, and I still found myself shouting at the screen begging for us to score, heartbreaking stuff. Thankfully nothing clear for you all to see, but there's a few moments of me going mental and making a bit of a fool of myself at away games too from a distance. Great watching back the away wins at Stevenage, Torquay, Rushden, as well as many other memorable moments, well worth watching, and this way will save you $30 plus whatever ridiculous postage charge there would be, as I'm happy to send them out for free, although assuming that 3 people here want them, I'd rather send them all to one address and then that person give the others their copy. If more than 3 would like to see, then you'll have to share! PM me where to send it, and I'll get it sorted.

If anyone asks for it, I'd appreciate it if you just tell me if it worked or not.
Tom_CUFC
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ericgi » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:53:30 am

I think a lot of DVD players have "cheat" codes where you can unlock them for other regions. I know guys in the military who have bought them overseas who have done this.

But yeah playing them on a PC is suitable... we've had to do that before with stuff ordered from overseas and it's not that big a deal!
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby ssfcultra » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:58:56 am

Tom_CUFC wrote:Right, got my copy of our season review DVD today, wonderful stuff, and I'm offering 3 totally free copies to you guys. However I'd imagine there's going to be a problem with DVD regions. You'll only be able to play it on your computer. Based on what I've researched, you'll be prompted to change the region when you play the DVD, but you can only do it 5 times. If it doesn't work, I'll keep pursuing for you guys! Any other/better suggestions more than welcome (the other solution would be to create a proper ZIP file that I could email, but I've totally forgotton how to do it).

Tom,
If you send it over to me I can rip it into Region 1 and pass along to other lads. Would you like me to send you the USL-1 finals from last year or another match in return? Remember, our matches are the shittiest of qualities. :D
ssfcultra
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Tom_CUFC » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:01:25 pm

If by shittest of qualities you mean on the pitch, you wait until you see some of the grounds and teams on here.

If by shittest of qualities you mean the quality of the video...wait until you see some of the footage on here!

I'd quite like to see the finals from last year if that's not too much of a hassle for you, to hear how loud you guys were more than anything. PM me (or MSN me, I'm normally on but I just appear offline, I'll be up late tonight watching Baseball so I'll be around for a while) and we'll sort it out.
Tom_CUFC
Past ECS Member

PreviousNext

Return to 'Round the World