Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Tampere United

Talk about the Rest of the World's football clubs and tifo here.

Unread postby finnfan » Wed May 18, 2011 7:59:10 am

I heard today that the players on the opposing team were both confused and pissed off when the goal celebration for the 2-0 goal took a lot longer than is customary at this level. The referee had also asked before the game if the supporters were going to behave and that he does not want to deal with any abuse. On the other hand, the referee liked the flares.

Anyway, we have to be careful because we cannot afford to earn a negative reputation. For example, songs for the referee are off limits for now, have to climb up several levels before those are appropriate again.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby FuzzyForeigner » Wed May 18, 2011 4:06:29 pm

very cool.
FuzzyForeigner
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby finnfan » Mon May 23, 2011 2:15:01 pm

FC PirTu vs Tamu-K 2-1. A disappointing loss. Possession was probably 75%/25% in our favor, and PirTu literally had two chances to score a goal. That said, they were probably the better team. Much more organized, especially in the lower midfield and in defense. TamU scored the 1-1 goal in the supporters end from a corner at about the 45th minute (remember, playing time is 2x30 min), and at that point it felt like we could take it. That was not to be. We had two of our top choices for center back unavailable, and that really showed in both goals that we gave up.

I will post pictures when/if I get them. We had about 20 supporters again, and of course more pyro.

Next match on Monday may 30 against FC Tampereen Star Team. The two top challenges right now are that we do not have enough time to practice together as a team, and that we do not know anything whatsoever about any of our opponents.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby finnfan » Tue May 24, 2011 2:40:48 pm

Couple pictures from Monday's game against FC PirTu. I really like the first one. That's a supporter that climbed up into the tree to light a flare. :lol:

finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby ericgi » Tue May 24, 2011 10:30:53 pm

don't know if it's the lens on the camera, but that pitch doesn't even look 50m wide :lol: looks like a picnic area in a forest!
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby miniburnsie » Tue May 24, 2011 10:39:13 pm

Wondering if you would be able to compare the league TamU-k plays in to anything you've seen around Seattle? GSSL 1, maybe?
Are there any women in that recreational league?
Love reading your updates :finnflag:
miniburnsie
Past ECS Member

Unread postby finnfan » Wed May 25, 2011 5:29:05 am

Eric, I think the picture lies. It was taken with a bit of zoom. The field might not be quite upto the standard size, but it is not that much smaller.

It's difficult to compare leagues, but I think GSSL 1 is a higher level. I have not seen any games in that league though. From what I've seen from ECS FC, I think their top team would be quite evenly matched with TamU-K.

I have not seen any women so far. Not sure if they are allowed.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Bathos » Wed May 25, 2011 8:10:49 am

When I win the lottery (I don't play, mind you, so this is an absurd long shot) then I'm funding a Finnfan Cup - two leg TamU-k vs. ECS FC.
Bathos
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby finnfan » Tue May 31, 2011 1:03:26 pm

Monday May 30: TamU-K vs. FC Tampereen Star Team 1:4.

A totally different game than last week. The opponent was clearly the better team and played with an enormous attitude. Still, TamU-K managed to score first half way through the first half. The equalizer came in the last minute of the first half. If we had been able to keep the lead to the half it might have been a different story.

This was by far the most intense and physical game this season. It was also the highest attendance of the season, with 27 supporters with Sinikaarti in the north end and a few other people who used to follow TamU in the top flight standing on the sideline near the benches.

From a personal point of view this loss felt as bad as any I've witnessed. We managed to mount some pressure in the second half when we were 1-2 down, but a goal was not to be.

finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby BVB09Germany » Tue May 31, 2011 4:31:09 pm

The images aren't showing for me, finn? Is it on my end or yours?
BVB09Germany
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Goonda » Tue May 31, 2011 4:32:10 pm

BVB09Germany wrote:The images aren't showing for me, finn? Is it on my end or yours?

They show up fine for me, just took a few extra seconds to load the first time.
Goonda
Past ECS Member

Unread postby finnfan » Tue Jun 7, 2011 4:48:17 am

Monday June 6: FC Valencia vs. TamU-K 5:2.

A similar game as last week. And in fact I'm pretty sure some of the players in the opposing team were the same as last week. We went 1-0 up again off a great free-kick that hit the cross bar before the ball was put in by one of our forwards. We again got scored on in the last minute of the first half (3-1) and it ended up being impossible to recover from that. Our second goal was for 4-2 and there was brief glimmer of hope for a few minutes, but it wasn't to be.

Next week we will play against JK Paasikivi, a team that has lost all their matches this season. The supporters are demanding a return to winning ways.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby eastside » Tue Jun 7, 2011 9:23:19 am

Thanks for keeping us up to date, Finn. Can't wait to hear the next result!
eastside
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby finnfan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:43:29 pm

Monday June 13: TamU-K vs. JK Paasikivi 4:0.

The supporters got what they demanded. Four clinically finished goals saw us to an easy victory. In the defensive end we gave the opponents no chance and our keeper was not really tested in this game. A solid performance from the whole team. This was also a real test for the supporters, as rain was pouring the whole day. In the end, the weather nor the losing streak we were coming off of did not have any effect and we had our normal attendance. Lot's of happy faces after the game.

At least one of the four goals will be on youtube later, and I'll post when that is ready. There may also be some pictures.

We are now at the half way point in our season. With just 6 points in 5 games we are lying in the bottom half of the table (exact position to be determined after we got the scores from the other games played today and tomorrow). As a supporter you always wish for better, but right now just having my club play at all is enough. We will have our next game against KJK in two weeks. July will have no games and then the remaining four games will be played in August.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Ultra666 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:55:02 pm

Good win!
Thanks for the update!
Ultra666
ECS Founder

PreviousNext

Return to 'Round the World