Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Tampere United

Talk about the Rest of the World's football clubs and tifo here.

Unread postby Hajabuza » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:22:24 pm

finnfan wrote:The 2-0 and 3-0 goals against JK Paasikivi are here.

Very cool, what music is that? I am assuming Huoratron is not the only Finn producing hard electro beats.
Hajabuza
Past ECS Member

Unread postby finnfan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:04:16 pm

I have no idea about the music unfortunately. It is not my video.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby finnfan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:24:23 pm

A short update on the developments with the "original" club. Tampere United is officially going bankrupt. As is usual, it is the Tax Administration (Finnish equivalent to the IRS) that filed. Their claim is a meager 65,000 euros, but the total debt is reportedly 650,000-700,000 euros. The club currently has no source of income, and therefore there is no way of avoiding bankruptcy. The club examined the possibility of finding other sources of income and entering into a debt restructuring program, but that did not work out, and they have now used all the extensions they got from court handling the bankruptcy case. They have a day in court with the Tax Administration and other creditors on Tuesday next week, and the bankruptcy will move forward from there.

In the mean while the police have started an investigation into the club's possible involvement in money laundering. Reportedly the CEO and the Chairman of the Board were held for questioning earlier. These are the two bastards who have most of the responsibility for running my club down, so I wish they are found guilty and get some serious jail time. This investigation relates to the 300,000 euros that the club received from the (alleged) Singaporean gambling syndicate who provide players for the club (allegedly) in order to fix matches and make earnings in Asian gambling markets.

In the mean while TamU-K is preparing for their next game against KJK on Monday next week. And by preparing I mean getting drunk for the Finnish midsummer celebrations.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Seattlegooner » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:49:25 pm

finnfan wrote:
This investigation relates to the 300,000 euros that the club received from the (alleged) Singaporean gambling syndicate who provide players for the club (allegedly) in order to fix matches and make earnings in Asian gambling markets.

Singaporeans fixing games in the Finland league for asians to bet on? Wow! Who would have thought?

Sure this will happen in MLS soon with the shit wages for players
Seattlegooner
Past ECS Member

Unread postby finnfan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:15:35 pm

I think it would be naive to think that MLS players have not been approached by match-fixers by now. It is happening all over the world, in every league, and summer leagues are especially vulnerable because during the summer there is a limited supply of matches. It is more difficult to say if any player has actually taken a bribe, but it would be surprising if MLS players weren't being targeted.

The Finnish match fixing scandal was covered by international media couple weeks ago. A trial where nine players are charged for taking bribes from match-fixers started then. This trial does not involve any players from Tampere United and is not directly connected to the club, but it is still part of the same huge mess. See here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13736085

Two players have been convicted for taking bribes earlier, also part of the same scandal.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby finnfan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:53:16 am

Monday June 27: KJK vs. TamU-K 0:1.

A brilliant win. The goal was a beautiful header from a cross that came from the right hand side. Right in front of the supporters too. This was also a second straight game with no goals conceded. it was a solid performance by the defense. Our goalie had a confidence-building match too, crowned with a game-saving leg save from close range at the dying minutes of the game.

There was also a text banner displayed by the supporters. I'll tell you what the message was when I get photos that I can post.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby finnfan » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:25:12 pm

Pregame message banner. Translation: "bankruptcy: just a piece of our history".

Goal celebration:

finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby tallguy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:20:25 pm

very nice! i like the message in your banner. just a trouble to be overcome and make the group stronger.
tallguy
Past ECS Member

Unread postby BVB09Germany » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:44:17 pm

love the goal celebration there. players rarely get such close contact to supporters.
BVB09Germany
Past ECS Member

Unread postby finnfan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:35:22 am

Indeed. And the line in the picture, if it wasn't clear, is the 18-yard line.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby C.How » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:22:42 am

finnfan wrote: And by preparing I mean getting drunk for the Finnish midsummer celebrations.

Love this. I hope they started early & finished late, what with the shortest nights of the year & all...
C.How
Past ECS Member

Unread postby BVB09Germany » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:01:34 am

finnfan wrote:Indeed. And the line in the picture, if it wasn't clear, is the 18-yard line.

lol. Even better! STORM THE PITCH!
BVB09Germany
Past ECS Member

Unread postby asoc » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:11:18 am

Do you guys remember reading about how the Panamanian team Arabe Unido reported they were approached by people in Salt Lake City offering them money to throw the game?

El Grafico is reporting that these people are also some of the ones tied to Tampere United.

Read this
http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BN ... 87310.html
asoc
Past ECS Member

Unread postby finnfan » Sat Aug 6, 2011 11:09:13 am

Our schedule had a game against Strap-on United on Wednesday. Unfortunately they did not show up, so it was an automatic 3-0 win and three points for us. This puts us very much in the race for being in the top two in our division, which would mean we'd get to a playoff with one of the top two teams in the other division. A winner of that match would go to the final. That would be nice, although this being a recreational league outside of the Finnish competitivve pyramid, there is no promotion on the line.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby tallguy » Sun Aug 7, 2011 5:17:21 pm

here's hoping you guys can get to the final and win! the first of many league titles for the reconstituted Tampere United!
tallguy
Past ECS Member

PreviousNext

Return to 'Round the World