Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Celtic - Green Brigade

Talk about the Rest of the World's football clubs and tifo here.

Unread postby ScottishCelt-Sounder » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:28:34 am

With us being 17 pts ahead with only 11 games to go its pretty certain the SPL title will be coming home with us and we could potentially win the league at ibrox but Strathclyde police are trying to avoid this happening after the trouble in 1999 when rangers won the league at celtic park but in all honety the majority celtic fans will be too busy partying instead of causing trouble :mrgreen:

Here is the article from the BBC website

Strathclyde Police plan to hold talks with the SPL over a potential Old Firm title decider at Ibrox.

Sunday's win at Easter Road stretched the gap between Celtic and second-place Rangers to 17 points.

Should Celtic remain unbeaten and their Old Firm rivals drop two points, then Neil Lennon's side could win the title on 25 March.

A police spokesman told BBC Scotland a fixture change would be difficult as the game falls before the split.

With home games to follow, against Dunfermline on Wednesday and Motherwell three days later, Celtic have the opportunity to make that difference 23 points before Rangers visit Inverness CT on Sunday.
Lennon's side then take on Aberdeen before the next Old Firm encounter.

Following the trip to Inverness, Rangers have a home game with Hearts and an away clash with Dundee United.

Police say they would rather the scenario was avoided but admit pre-sales of tickets and hospitality packages would make a switch difficult.

But they also say they have experience in policing events and will treat this one in the same way.

Rangers clinched the title in 1999 after an ill-tempered 3-0 Old Firm derby win at Celtic Park.

That derby led to a call from the Scottish Police Federation for the fixture to be banned completely following violence after the game.

The SPL say the scenario is completely hypothetical but plan to hold talks with police and the clubs before the game, as is the case before all Old Firm fixtures.
ScottishCelt-Sounder
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby mwiegand » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:30:29 pm

They'll drop more than 2 points between now and then. We'll win it before we get to Mordor.

Probably better that way, as the Orcs will probably be looking to fuck some people up outside the ground.

They're circling the drain anyhow. Could be in a state of liquidation before we get there too, at this rate.

Hope all the Tims stay safe and (relatively) sober that day.
mwiegand
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ScottishCelt-Sounder » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:00:54 pm

We play Dunfermline at home tomorrow (7.45pm in UK so im guessing around 11/12 in seattle) they are currently sitting bottom of the league with a lot of injuries so should an easy game

This is our first home game since rangers officially went into administration so not only the section but the whole stadium should be bouncing!
ScottishCelt-Sounder
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby ScottishCelt-Sounder » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:24:59 am

We won 2-0 yesterday Mulgrew scored a cracker from about 30 yards out and he is a centre half! 20 pts clear :mrgreen:

Mulgrews Goal!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0GSPha0DVU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Video of the section from last nights game a few new songs/tunes were sung tonight

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3MOJq48FpQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
ScottishCelt-Sounder
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Bathos » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:28:47 pm

Celtic can fuck off.

Next time Celtic plays in Europe I'll be cheering for a demolition and for the "Bhoys" to go home shattered. As far as I'm concerned you can keep your videos of you and your "partners" Santos to yourselves.

Rangers can fuck off too.
Bathos
Past ECS Member

Unread postby mwiegand » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:33:54 pm

Bathos wrote:Celtic can fuck off.

Next time Celtic plays in Europe I'll be cheering for a demolition and for the "Bhoys" to go home shattered. As far as I'm concerned you can keep your videos of you and your "partners" Santos to yourselves.

Rangers can fuck off too.

This is what Bathos was referencing, BTW.

The club asked Seattle Bhoys to support Santos Laguna against the Sounders in CCL:
http://celticfcupdates.co.uk/ecommslive ... 59f631a284

It's LOL-worthy, and I get that they want to strengthen their "bond" with Santos Laguna, but there's no way they can expect Seattle Bhoys not to support our local club. It's silly.
Last edited by mwiegand on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mwiegand
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ssfcultra » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:46:07 pm

I don't mind Celtic but that it's going to be known that your club is asking your Seattle supporters to support Santos. Pretty douchy if you ask me.
ssfcultra
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:00:22 pm

Honestly, who cares about this?
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby USASoundersFan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:14:39 pm

Wow. As somebody who used to really follow Celtic, this completely rubs me the wrong way. Probably my perspective though, because if I had no connection with Celtic whatsoever I probably would be more confused than offended by this. But to have a club that I still follow from time to time tell Seattleites to root against the Sounders is something I personally cannot stomach. Oh well, I have not really followed them much the last several years anyway, so I'm not losing much.
USASoundersFan
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ScottishCelt-Sounder » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:26:27 pm

Was wondering how long it would take for this to be mentioned on this thread and all i can say is sorry lads and i will completly understand if you dont want me to update any more but will be a shame as i have really enjoyed talking to you guys.
ScottishCelt-Sounder
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Doc_Sounder » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:28:57 pm

Dude, you aren't responsible for your clubs actions. By all means keep updating.
Doc_Sounder
ECS Member 2021

Unread postby ssfcultra » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:30:04 pm

Keep updating. It's not your fault someone wrote that.
ssfcultra
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ssfctid » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:31:51 pm

For sure. It'd be different if you informed us that you'd just purchased 12 Santos jerseys, but it sure doesn't seem like you have any connection to what your club is doing. I know I certainly have enjoyed reading your updates.
ssfctid
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ScottishCelt-Sounder » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:43:29 pm

Glad you still want me to update

Next game is against Motherwell at home on saturday there is only a few thousand tickets left for this match so should be a decent atmosphere and the GB section should be bouncing as per usual we can go 23pts clear but could only be for a short time as rangers play the next day

P.S hope sounders destroy santos laguna!
ScottishCelt-Sounder
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby USASoundersFan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:44:38 pm

Doc_Sounder wrote:Dude, you aren't responsible for your clubs actions. By all means keep updating.

ssfcultra wrote:Keep updating. It's not your fault someone wrote that.

This.

As much as I am turned off from the club by this move from its front office, I absolutely want to continue to hear updates from you as a supporter of your club. I guess what I am trying to say is that I fully support you and, when your club does well, I am happy for you; I will just have zero ownership in the club myself.
USASoundersFan
Past ECS Member

PreviousNext

Return to 'Round the World