Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Celtic - Green Brigade

Talk about the Rest of the World's football clubs and tifo here.

Unread postby mwiegand » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:28:18 pm

AntifaCeltic wrote:We played Philidephia Union last night, lost 1-0 but wouldn't look into it too much as it's pre-season. Our fans let off flares (wasn't expecting that at all) We play Man Utd on Friday.

I was looking for highlights from that match and all I could find on YouTube was video of your supporters. :lol:

Fun side note: Former Sounder Seb Le Toux scored the winner against you guys last night. Miss that guy. He's a relentless runner. Our FO left him unprotected in the Expansion Draft, sadly.

At any rate, good luck against us on Sunday. You're gonna need it! We played pretty well in our last friendly when Boca Juniors came to town.

Keep us posted when your season starts again. I look forward to catching up on this thread when you do!
mwiegand
Past ECS Member

Unread postby TraditionalSkin89 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:33:32 pm

AntifaCeltic wrote:Alright guys, quick update for you.

We played Philidephia Union last night, lost 1-0 but wouldn't look into it too much as it's pre-season. Our fans let off flares (wasn't expecting that at all) We play Man Utd on Friday.

We've signed a few players already and hopefully Efron Juarez will sign for us soon.

A pic of the flares : -

Is all well with you guys?

id be wary of lighting them off at qwest, tell your boys they'll get kick immediately, its pretty shitty to travel to another continent and get kicked out for a flare
TraditionalSkin89
Past ECS Member

Unread postby AntifaCeltic » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:18:35 pm

TS89 - I'm assuming they're from the USA to be honest, if they come from here they'll know all about the possible consequences of sparking up at any major ground - it's a heavy fine and 3 year ban if you do so in Scotland. Infact an Aberdeen lad is currently awaiting trial on FIREARMS charges for letting off a smoke at our place a few seasons ago, shocking stuff.

I think you'll beat us easily to be honest, it's almost a brand new team for us.

Our season starts on the 14th August (I think) away to Inverness Calley Thistle, it's the perfect start to the season - long journey up north means plenty of alcohol on the bus :mrgreen: :beer:

Will keep you all updated.
AntifaCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby TraditionalSkin89 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:15:49 am

AntifaCeltic wrote:TS89 - I'm assuming they're from the USA to be honest, if they come from here they'll know all about the possible consequences of sparking up at any major ground - it's a heavy fine and 3 year ban if you do so in Scotland. Infact an Aberdeen lad is currently awaiting trial on FIREARMS charges for letting off a smoke at our place a few seasons ago, shocking stuff.

I think you'll beat us easily to be honest, it's almost a brand new team for us.

Our season starts on the 14th August (I think) away to Inverness Calley Thistle, it's the perfect start to the season - long journey up north means plenty of alcohol on the bus :mrgreen: :beer:

Will keep you all updated.

to be honest they probebly are, i cant imagine many of your boys, or sorry "bhoys" haha, traveling for a friendly haha. i understand the love for a team but cross continents for a dumb freindly is a little too much. in the US, pyro is very looked down upon, its pretty sad but we can't do that in most stadiums, it wouldnt be that bad, but we cant drive 3 hours for the farest stadium. Our closest rival(Portland. SCUMBAG CUNTS!!!!)are 3 hours away, the closest game in our league(the MLS)is over 15 hours away
TraditionalSkin89
Past ECS Member

Unread postby AntifaCeltic » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:07:26 am

I feel your pain there, that's a complete nightmare. The majority of teams in our league are a few hours drive away. Pyro is becoming more frequent from the groups here, heres some GB pyro pics from last season :-

Rank-gers away

H$V away

Morton away

Sankt Pauli away

Vs R*ng*rs Under 19s

There's been more, Rapid away, aberdeen away and hearts away immediatly spring to mind, but no pics.
AntifaCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby ericgi » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:03:24 pm

nice to see flares in the PPL :mrgreen: A bit surprised that they put away supporters where they did... for league games (including when we played there a couple weeks ago) they've been put in the corner near the river end which is where the most ardent philly supporters are. Basically everyone's close enough to throw things at each other :lol:

could be trouble brewing when Red Bull New York play there shortly... NY and Philly are bitter rivals in all American sports and it's usually not pretty mixing the two sets of fans together
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby AntifaCeltic » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:03:56 pm

Are there many incidents in the league between rival fans? The likes of yourselves, I can tell you all hate Portland but does it ever lead to violence?

We just lost 3-1 to Man Utd, don't really think the score reflected the game, we deserved at least a draw. By the way, the American commentators are a nightmare! Dunno how you put up with that lot.

Anyway, its 2am, and I'm off to bed.
AntifaCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Ajas » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:15:10 pm

Violence is pretty rare. It's probably less than at American Football games. There was some stat last year where there were no arrests made the entire year at our park.

Occasional beat downs outside the grounds but really nothing more than you'd expect among a bunch of passionate drunks.
Ajas
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ericgi » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:45:50 pm

most of the bigger "incidents" are handbags at 20 paces. There's isolated stuff like ppl getting their scarves jacked or occasionally single or small groups getting jumped, but nothing really large-scale that's come to anything yet.

think the worst that's happened is when Toronto has visited Columbus, but most of that is due to cops not knowing what the fuck they're doing

there's generally a fistfight or two at scum away but most on both sides aren't really looking for it to go off
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby finnfan » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:42:46 am

This is the Toronto vs. Columbus incident that Eric mentioned. Totally handbags as he said, and nothing would have come of it if the police had been competent and formed a line between the two sets of supporters before anything went down.

Unfortunately, instead the pigs felt compelled to use a fucking taser on a supporter:

finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby brobin57 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:26:13 pm

AntifaCeltic wrote:Are there many incidents in the league between rival fans? The likes of yourselves, I can tell you all hate Portland but does it ever lead to violence?

We just lost 3-1 to Man Utd, don't really think the score reflected the game, we deserved at least a draw. By the way, the American commentators are a nightmare! Dunno how you put up with that lot.

Anyway, its 2am, and I'm off to bed.

No this is really mellow ,i travelled with csa in the 70s/80s before moving stateside ,a lot of the so called ultras here here in the u.s. would shit if they seen the hatred /annomosity/violence at a celtic/huns game. Here in seattle we have possibly the best fans in the mls ,our away support can not be matched considering the distance we have to travel to away games, we are always there .as for p..scum they are just a small club / shit fans ,big ambitions ( who cares about them ) not us.
brobin57
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ericgi » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:06:19 pm

not "a lot", but ALL the so called ultras here would shit their pants if confronted with the likelihood of wide-scale violence. Not equating ultras with violence, far from it, but we've never seen an incident here even approaching anything in europe or latin america. There just hasn't been many examples of two large sets of support coming across each other on matchday...

Away support in large numbers is still something of a novelty here... some due to large distances but other than university throw-ball here, no other sports here have any tradition at all of travelling support.
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby chamberi » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:49:36 pm

If it's the same guys, the flares in Philly were done by NYC guys who traveled down for the game. They were thrown in jail and had bails set at $50,000 each. But I think they had a little run-in with Philly's finest, when asked to extinguish the flares.
chamberi
Past ECS Member

Unread postby AntifaCeltic » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:07:50 pm

Brobin57 - CSA? You've lost me there, I'm taking a guess that you mean CSC? If so, respect.

Chamberi - I heard the story about having a run in with the cops too, I think it may have been 'New York Fenian Bhoys' - a celtic supporters group based in NYC.

There were some incidents outside the stadium between Man Utd and Celtic fans the other night at the game.

Watched the game tonight, was really impressed with you guys, were loud the whole game. On the pitch, we played okay, ironically our best player tonight (and always) - McCourt, doesn't get near the team.

BTW - does your manager wear an ECS scarf?! If so, that's fucking crazy!
AntifaCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby AntifaCeltic » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:17:18 pm

ps, i apologise that you all had to endure the pain that is watching Samaras attempt to play football.
AntifaCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to 'Round the World