Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Celtic - Green Brigade

Talk about the Rest of the World's football clubs and tifo here.

Unread postby eastside » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:03:07 am

Which would you rather play?
eastside
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ScottishCelt-Sounder » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:27:16 pm

eastside wrote:Which would you rather play?

Well i would rather play St Mirren for two reasons they are the easier of the two and my uncle supports st mirren so i will have the bragging rights

Our game this weekend is against Kilmarnock at Hampden (National Stadium) in the Scottish League Cup Final!! its on sunday for those interested in watching it
ScottishCelt-Sounder
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby ScottishCelt-Sounder » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:12:01 pm

Cup final day tomorrow i cannot wait hopefully the first trophy of the treble
ScottishCelt-Sounder
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby ScottishCelt-Sounder » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:00:36 am

Cup final today only 4 hours now
ScottishCelt-Sounder
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby USASoundersFan » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:51:06 am

That's a tough one. :sad:
USASoundersFan
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ScottishCelt-Sounder » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:16:42 pm

Really gutted right now but in all honesty kilmarnock deserved the win they were the better team

Picture of the tifo today which looked good for the 2 minutes that it was up i really dont know what people were thinking and how people found it hard to grasp that it shouldve stayed up until the players were out

After hours of preparation the tifo was a shambles as was the whole day

ScottishCelt-Sounder
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby ScottishCelt-Sounder » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:05:11 pm

Old Firm this weekend i could not be more excited as we could win the league at their stadium if motherwell drop points and if we beat "them"

Anyone planning to watch it?
ScottishCelt-Sounder
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby ScottishCelt-Sounder » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:28:14 am

If you have never watched an Old Firm derby before i would strongly advise you to watch tomorrow as Celtic can win the league at their stadium if we win tomorrow which could be one of our greatest achivements and shall be a fantastic atmosphere if we win

KO is 1pm in UK so i think around 5am in seattle have your party hats and jelly and ice cream at the ready!
ScottishCelt-Sounder
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Hajabuza » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:56:20 pm

ScottishCelt-Sounder wrote:If you have never watched an Old Firm derby before i would strongly advise you to watch tomorrow as Celtic can win the league at their stadium if we win tomorrow which could be one of our greatest achivements and shall be a fantastic atmosphere if we win

KO is 1pm in UK so i think around 5am in seattle have your party hats and jelly and ice cream at the ready!

Yep, 5 am is kick off on Fox Soccer here in Seattle. I am not a "morning person" in the least, but I am getting up for that.
Hajabuza
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ScottishCelt-Sounder » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:20:18 pm

SeattleDroog wrote:
ScottishCelt-Sounder wrote:If you have never watched an Old Firm derby before i would strongly advise you to watch tomorrow as Celtic can win the league at their stadium if we win tomorrow which could be one of our greatest achivements and shall be a fantastic atmosphere if we win

Yep, 5 am is kick off on Fox Soccer here in Seattle. I am not a "morning person" in the least, but I am getting up for that.

Great to hear and im sure it will be worth losing the sleep :D
ScottishCelt-Sounder
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby mwiegand » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:07:37 am

I was up at 5 and watched us piss it away. Some poor refereeing, as per usual by SFA standards, but a good many of our players didn't turn up.

Nearly everyone on the back line had a nightmare, save Rogne, who was let down by his defensive colleagues. Wanyama - who's been brilliant most of the season - showed he still has some growing up to do, and had me wishing Kayal was fit again. Ki & Ledley just seemed to disappear for 10 minutes at a time.

Brooney, Forster, Rogne and Sammy are the only guys to get passing marks from me. And not necessarily because they were superb, but because they sensed the derby well and put in a shift.
mwiegand
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ScottishCelt-Sounder » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:50:44 am

Terrible refereeing yet again

Most players bottled it

I know i shouldnt realy be blaming the referee all the time but i cant helpt but think that we would have won if it wasnt for two bad decisions. We managed to pull two goals back in the last 5 or so minutes which makes me think if we had 11 or even 10 men we wouldve bossed the match

Lennon did make a few dodgy calls though playing izagurrie at RB and Matthews at LB. And starting with a 4-5-1 we have the far superior team so why go with a defensive formation?

He is still a young manager with a lot to learn and i have 100% faith in him to get us the double this year
ScottishCelt-Sounder
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby eastside » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:05:49 am

The first red card should have been a non-call. I've watched refs wave-off that exact situation hundreds of times. Just because there was a goal scoring opportunity doesn't make it a foul suddenly.
eastside
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby GlasgowCeltic » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:29:11 am

Alright lads, not been on here for a while.. Was having a wee look through the thread there, don't feel ScottishCelt-Sounder has explained the Offensive Behaviour bill very well and that his Glasgow Celtic IRA chant was miles out, to claim that chanting 'Glasgow Celtic IRA' is nothing but political expression is absolute nonsense, you said its rarely chanted - I can honestly say its only been belted out en masse once by the Celtic support and I was amongst it, pre season friendly against Man City shit loads of buses runnin down to Manchester from Glasgow, plenty of alcohol flowing on them and by the time they hit Manchester I can't remember seeing a sober Celtic fan! Politcal expression it was not, trying to get a rise out of Enlgish fans is what it was.

Regarding the Offensive Behaviour Bill.. Celtic and Rangers are infamous for the sectarian hatred but it just isn't like that now. The pigs here were able to arrest Rangers fans for their tunes as they were singing about killing catholics etc. At the moment I can only think of one Celtic song that mentions religion and that's 'roamin in the gloamin' and even then its about being proud to be a catholic and not hatred towards another religion.

The bill if solely aimed towards the Celtic support as they feel songs about the struggle for a 32 county Ireland are sectarian, even though none of them mention any religion.

There's an Irish rebel song that's sung by the Celtic support called 'Brave Protestant Men' about the protestants who fought to free Ireland from the British. The Scottish Government are trying to criminalize the Celtic support, and football supports in general. There were protests from not only Celtic, but Rangers, Aberdeen, Motherwell and Livingston - just off the top of my head but as expected they were ignored by the SNP even after all major parties including Labour and the Conservatives said that the bill was absolute nonsense.

Can't be bothered looking over that reply because my head is currently pounding, so sorry if I've rambled on!
GlasgowCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby ScottishCelt-Sounder » Sat Apr 7, 2012 3:54:35 pm

We won the league today after 6-0 win away at kilmarnock. The atmosphere was fantastic. Overall a wonderfull day for the Celtic family especially after waiting 4 years for the title
ScottishCelt-Sounder
Emerald City Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to 'Round the World