Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Celtic - Green Brigade

Talk about the Rest of the World's football clubs and tifo here.

Unread postby djebam » Fri May 28, 2010 8:40:43 pm

So, are there any solid plans for a Green Brigade contingent to come out for the Sounder FC vs Celtic FC friendly? I know it's a stretch...but thought I would ask.
djebam
Past ECS Member

Location: Now I'm in the kitchen with your dad making pancakes.

Unread postby GlasgowCeltic » Sat May 29, 2010 7:39:21 am

Irish wrote:OOh ahh bungara. First time ive trolled this far into the forum. Im very impressed. Have Celtic fans in my family who have been trying to gain my interest for years but none ever opened my eyes to this sort of culture. I live and breathe alot of the songs the Celtic support have been singing,and am an active member in the AOH here in the states. My interest in the beautiful game only peeked in the few years i have lived in WA. I am very loyal to teams i choose to support, but will certainly pay more attention to what the Celts are up to. Thanx to all for this info.

Best not to use this word when describing it... we prefer faithful :mrgreen:
GlasgowCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby AntifaCeltic » Sat May 29, 2010 4:30:51 pm

djebam wrote:So, are there any solid plans for a Green Brigade contingent to come out for the Sounder FC vs Celtic FC friendly? I know it's a stretch...but thought I would ask.

I very much doubt it. Our support will be almost entirely ex-pats i'd imagine. There'll probably be a few Celtic Supporters Clubs there from Canada/America too.

GlasgowCeltic, don't be a fanny, glad to hear you're a Celtic man, "Irish",
AntifaCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby GlasgowCeltic » Sun May 30, 2010 10:19:12 am

Aye, ok you..because I was being a fanny...and not making a tongue 'n' cheek comment.
GlasgowCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby mwiegand » Tue Jun 1, 2010 3:09:29 pm

Gotta say, I love this thread.

When the Sounders/Celtic friendly was announced, I was one of the first in line to slam the behavior of Old Firm hoolies, Celtic and 'Gers alike.

But what you guys are doing with the Green Brigade is fucking awesome. Love the intent, love the tifo. Keep up the good work, lads!
mwiegand
Past ECS Member

Unread postby AntifaCeltic » Thu Jun 3, 2010 1:58:47 pm

mwiegand wrote:Gotta say, I love this thread.

When the Sounders/Celtic friendly was announced, I was one of the first in line to slam the behavior of Old Firm hoolies, Celtic and 'Gers alike.

But what you guys are doing with the Green Brigade is fucking awesome. Love the intent, love the tifo. Keep up the good work, lads!

Always nice to hear that kind of stuff.

Not much to post here with our league finished. As was touched upon earlier, the GB have been given their own section, and they have control of who comes and goes there. Other Celtic groups, the Rude Bhoys, and the Shamrock Bhoys have disbanded so members can be present in the GB section next season. This, for the sake of Celtic, was the right thing to do.

PS, don't hold back with any questions, the season break is f*cking torture so it'll keep me busy :mrgreen:
AntifaCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby GlasgowCeltic » Thu Jun 3, 2010 8:17:37 pm

Turns out Toronto's 'u-sector' have been using the Green Brigade logo...

Green Brigade logo...

U-Sector
GlasgowCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby mwiegand » Thu Jun 3, 2010 8:26:16 pm

GlasgowCeltic wrote:Turns out Toronto's 'u-sector' have been using the Green Brigade logo...

Green Brigade logo...

U-Sector

I think you'll find other MLS Supporters Groups are big on talk and short on originality. :lol:
mwiegand
Past ECS Member

Unread postby reasonbass » Thu Jun 3, 2010 8:27:04 pm

GlasgowCeltic wrote:Turns out Toronto's 'u-sector' have been using the Green Brigade logo...

Wow. That's pretty weak...taking another group's logo.
reasonbass
Past ECS Member

Unread postby delmundo » Fri Jun 4, 2010 6:14:31 pm

They're Canadians dude. 90% of their population lives within 10 miles of our border. They're pretty nice folks though (Canadiens), I'll bet they apologize if you ask them. :mrgreen:
delmundo
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby liquidmj » Thu Jul 8, 2010 12:51:42 pm

It looks like Cha Duri (Korean nat'l) will be signing with Celtic joining Ki Sung-yueng (also Korean). Pretty soon this "Irish" club will become a "Korean" one.
liquidmj
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Doc_Sounder » Thu Jul 8, 2010 1:13:27 pm

Hey Arthur, I know it's a little off-topic, but how many Korean players are outside the country compared to playing in their domestic leagues? Is it similar to Japan where 99.9% of their professional footballers play within Japan?
Doc_Sounder
ECS Member 2021

Unread postby TraditionalSkin89 » Thu Jul 8, 2010 1:46:37 pm

delmundo wrote:They're Canadians dude. 90% of their population lives within 10 miles of our border. They're pretty nice folks though (Canadiens), I'll bet they apologize if you ask them. :mrgreen:

Toronto has canadiens, not Canadians, there is a difference, THEY are french, WE (I) am not
TraditionalSkin89
Past ECS Member

Unread postby AntifaCeltic » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:37:21 am

Alright guys, quick update for you.

We played Philidephia Union last night, lost 1-0 but wouldn't look into it too much as it's pre-season. Our fans let off flares (wasn't expecting that at all) We play Man Utd on Friday.

We've signed a few players already and hopefully Efron Juarez will sign for us soon.

A pic of the flares : -

Is all well with you guys?
AntifaCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Spit206Fire » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:34:28 am

Our regular season's turned to shit and now every supporter is out the dissect each player and coach and tell the world whats wrong with out team and how to fix it.

Ya we wen't down that road. Good news is, ecs is still just as strong as ever and we are in the Semi's for the US Open Cup and still have CONCACAF Champions League. Plus transfer window just opened and Nkufo is now with us. So things are going to get a bit interesting i have a feeling, in this next month.
Spit206Fire
Past ECS Member

PreviousNext

Return to 'Round the World