Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Celtic - Green Brigade

Talk about the Rest of the World's football clubs and tifo here.

Unread postby GlasgowCeltic » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:15:22 pm

Just though I'd start a new topic for Celtic and I could update after each action at Celtic Park. In Celtic Park there is one main ultra group known as the Green Brigade who are part of the leftist movement 'Alerta Network' which includes groups such as Sankt Pauli's 'Ultra' Sankt Pauli' and Standard Liege's 'Ultras Inferno'. Also at Celtic Park there is 2 tifo groups who are fairly small one is 'Rude Bhoys' and the other 'Comrades' So far in the season the Green Brigade have pulled off some impressive tifo's one of my favourite being at our rivals Rangers' ground...

The Green Brigade were formed in 2006 and have came a long way since then.

Season 2006/07 End of season video = http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 9147696622

Season 2007/08 End of season video

Season 2008/09 End of season video
GlasgowCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby ssfcultra » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:58:58 pm

Damn, now that is some proper support. I had NO idea that this was happening in Glasgow!
ssfcultra
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby ericgi » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:07:26 pm

that is a shitload of streamers 8-)
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby FuzzyForeigner » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:48:53 am

is it me, or is ultra culture making its way back into scottish, english football?

I would be curious to see your thoughts. I have noticed a more "continenta;" approach to support in recent years.
FuzzyForeigner
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby GlasgowCeltic » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:04:37 am

Got a wee bit bored so thought I'll just put all the pictures of this season up... Enjoy!

Celtic V Cardiff AWAY
John Hartson was on of our strikes who was diagnosed with cancer, and it's a play with words at the end with "Heart Son" referring to Hartson

Celtic V Dinamo Moscow HOME
Kerrydale Street is the street where Celtic Park is located and I'm sure this game was around the time of Halloween.

Celtic V Man City AWAY

Celtic V Aberdeen AWAY

Celtic V Arsenal HOME
This TIFO didn't really work out the way it was supposed to.

Celtic V Dundee United HOME

Celtic V Rapid Vienna HOME
In 1984 we played Rapid Vienna we were cheated out of the game, a Celtic fan threw a bottle onto the pitch and a Rapid player pretended he was hit with it, this forced a replay of the tie which Rapid won, hence the we still hate Rapid banner. The banner was removed to reveal the Rapid crest with the word Rapid replaced with Cheats the crest was then hit with inflatable bottles to symbolise the bottle being through on the pitch and the crest was ripped down the middle.

Celtic V Rangers AWAY
In Scotland Pyro is very dangerous to let off the cops get in on it straight away and it's hard to get away with it so this was a big thing for the Scottish Scene, also at this game a tifo group at Rangers known as the Union Bears revealed a large banner saying "Glasgow is Blue" but the Green Brigade had already found out about their plans and had a counter banner ready...

Celtic V Hamburg HOME
Members of the Union Bears were present that night in the Hamburg End hence the Glasgow Is Green and White banner, and the Hamburg is Brown and White is to represent the colours of Sankt Pauli.

Celtic V Hearts HOME

Sankt Pauli V Fortuna Dusseldorf
Sankt Pauli player with a Green Brigade scarf on.

Celtic V Hamburg AWAY

Celtic V Hapoel Tel-Aviv HOME

Celtic V Aberdeen HOME
This tifo transformed from the club crest to the Green Brigade logo.

Celtic V Rapid Vienna AWAY
At Celtic Park Ultras Rapid unveiled a banner saying "Jimmy do ya have any whisky left?" With an inflatable bottle of whisky next to it.. So the Green Brigade replied with this banner at Vienna's stadium, it roughly translates as "The last time you had this much Whisky you were on the floor like Mutzenbacher" With a blow up doll with an Ultras Rapid scarf around it.. Mutzenbacher was a famous Vienesse whore.

Celtic V Falkirk HOME
In January 2009 we lost the title due to not signing the players we needed and ultimately this lost us the league hence why the title is going down the pan.This is a reminder to the owners of the club not to let it happen again.

Celtic V Morton AWAY

Celtic V Hibs HOME
This banner was to remember the 14 innocent people who were shot dead by British Troops in Derry, Ireland at a Civil Rights March in 1972.
This banner was towards our chairman John Reid who doesn't want the fans standing up for what they believe in, that is why he has the Celtic fan shackled to the chair and lips taped, it also had under it a message banner saying "PLC Don't give a damn" It was supposed to say "12th man? PLC don't give a damn" But the "12th man?" banner was confiscated by Police on the way in.

Green Brigade welcoming Robbie Keane

Celtic V Kilmarnock AWAY

Celtc V Aberdeen AWAY

Celtic V Rangers

Celtic V Kilmarnock AWAY

Now 2 of one of our defenders with Green Brigade Merchandise..

Feel free to ask any questions or anything :mrgreen:
Last edited by GlasgowCeltic on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
GlasgowCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby GlasgowCeltic » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:09:44 am

FuzzyForeigner wrote:is it me, or is ultra culture making its way back into scottish, english football?

I would be curious to see your thoughts. I have noticed a more "continenta;" approach to support in recent years.

Mate, I think your thinking of the casual scene? The Ultra thing isn't very big here just now, fairly new if I'm honest with there only ever being 3 real Ultra groups in Scotland, the rest are just tifo and even at that there isn't a lot of tifo groups.
Having a look at a few ECS videos etc you are miles ahead of us visually etc but the only downside I can see is the dress code, over here and all over Europe we follow the casual scene which was all over the terraces in the 80's and it seems it's making a return and I personally think it looks cracking .
GlasgowCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby ssfcultra » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:40:33 am

Over here people like to dress in replicas. I have two Sounders replicas and only ever wear them to training for ECS FC and sometimes around the office. We're actively encouraging people to ditch the replicas in favor of a more casual look but it's a slow-go. Thus our images look only half decent right now. Size-wise we're great. Just need more people thinking about the gear they wear to matches.

What did the club do to Green Brigade? It looks as though your section banner has been upside-down all season. Also, I know that Celtic gets labeled as being heavily involved in sectarianism. Does this occur anymore? Did this have an influence on your group being leftist? Is the agreement with St. Pauli formal or not?
ssfcultra
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby Spinfyre » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:08:44 am

This is now my favorite thread.
Spinfyre
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby GlasgowCeltic » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:36:13 pm

ssfcultra wrote:Over here people like to dress in replicas. I have two Sounders replicas and only ever wear them to training for ECS FC and sometimes around the office. We're actively encouraging people to ditch the replicas in favor of a more casual look but it's a slow-go. Thus our images look only half decent right now. Size-wise we're great. Just need more people thinking about the gear they wear to matches.

What did the club do to Green Brigade? It looks as though your section banner has been upside-down all season. Also, I know that Celtic gets labeled as being heavily involved in sectarianism. Does this occur anymore? Did this have an influence on your group being leftist? Is the agreement with St. Pauli formal or not?

Our chairman is a Member of Parliament mate and had a say in sending the Brit army to Afghanistan, Iraq and Ireland to fight in needless wars and as a club who was funded for Irish immigrants and poor people in the East End of Glasgow the Celtic support feel he isn't the right man to be in charge of our club. The banner will go up the correct way as soon as he has left the club, the banner has been upside down for a few years now. Sectarianism is a big thing you'll hear about our club and them across the city, our club is seen as the catholic club and theirs the protestant. Although our club is majority catholic, it really is mixed we have all sorts of religions and races amongst our support, it's something we're proud of - but you also get the narrow minded fans at our club who will think this clubs for catholics everyone else can f**k off etc.. but this is became a really small minority of the support since the formation of the Green Brigade. Across the city the same can't be said about Scotland's Shame who didn't sign their first catholic 'til 1989 as they had a no catholic signing policy. The greatest ever Celtic manager once was asked

"Jock, if there were two players, one Catholic and one Protestant. Who would you sign?"
"The Protestant"
"Why?"
"Because I know that Rangers would never sign the Catholic"

Between Ultra Sankt Pauli and The Green Brigade there is nothing formal just the connection through Alerta Network, but there is an official friendship between the Celtic Fans and Sankt Pauli fans. In Glasgow the official Celtic superstore sells some Sankt Pauli merchandise, and we're playing Sankt Pauli on the 18th May in Germany for their 100th anniversary.
GlasgowCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:01:03 pm

I'm probably one of few who would love to see Celtic play the Sounders here. Outside of Juventus, I've been a fan of Celtic for a while.

Plus, all the love that Celtic has for the Polish players, I'm all over that.

Would love to hit up Glasgow for a Celtic game some time in my life.

How's the violence on gameday? We still hear the occasional stories of fans being assaulted post match, and it's honestly one of my biggest problems about thinking of catching a game.
ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby GlasgowCeltic » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:13:13 pm

ProdigalReality wrote:I'm probably one of few who would love to see Celtic play the Sounders here. Outside of Juventus, I've been a fan of Celtic for a while.

Plus, all the love that Celtic has for the Polish players, I'm all over that.

Would love to hit up Glasgow for a Celtic game some time in my life.

How's the violence on gameday? We still hear the occasional stories of fans being assaulted post match, and it's honestly one of my biggest problems about thinking of catching a game.

You get a wee bit of violence now and then but it's nothing and it's very rare to be honest, the police are usually on top of everything and make sure the fans are separated if any tensions are running high are anything, but generally nothing really happens, unless your scared of a wee bit of verbal abuse then you'll be fine!
GlasgowCeltic
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Seattlegooner » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:47:32 pm

This is fantastic. I may be ignorant but do the mainstream media conveniently ignore your two poles and tifo? I don't remember seeing anything like this on the telly while watching few SPL matches.
Seattlegooner
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Seattlegooner » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:48:27 pm

GlasgowCeltic wrote:
FuzzyForeigner wrote:is it me, or is ultra culture making its way back into scottish, english football?

Mate, I think your thinking of the casual scene? The Ultra thing isn't very big here just now, fairly new if I'm honest with there only ever being 3 real Ultra groups in Scotland, the rest are just tifo and even at that there isn't a lot of tifo groups.
Having a look at a few ECS videos etc you are miles ahead of us visually etc but the only downside I can see is the dress code, over here and all over Europe we follow the casual scene which was all over the terraces in the 80's and it seems it's making a return and I personally think it looks cracking .

Bring on the Burberry and Fred Perry bitches!
Seattlegooner
Past ECS Member

Unread postby TraditionalSkin89 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:47:53 pm

Seattlegooner wrote:
GlasgowCeltic wrote:

Bring on the Burberry and Fred Perry bitches!

how did you know what i was wearing today fucker!
TraditionalSkin89
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ericgi » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:38:59 pm

I was rocking it too :mrgreen:
ericgi
ECS Founder

Next

Return to 'Round the World