Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

2012 Co-Ed Indoor Winter Thread

ECS Football Club

Unread postby dj10 » Tue Nov 6, 2012 3:34:05 pm

Hey all, I just wanted to aplogize real quick for my attitude last night. Not trying to make a big thing of it but I know that I addressed quite a few of you in a way that was not constructive at all. Being sick combined with having a really shitty day resulted in unnecessary frustration during the match. I shouldn't have brought those outside issues with me onto the pitch and definitely shouldn't have taken it out on any of you. I'm very sorry and I assure you, lesson learned!

:oops:
dj10
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby yoakster314 » Tue Nov 6, 2012 4:08:15 pm

If by your attitude, you mean being a boss out there and making my life as a keeper easier by shutting down their forwards, then apology accepted!
Really, you didn't seem outta line to me, so don't beat yourself up over it. And rest up and get over that cold!

It was a fun game last night, tough 3-2 loss, but everyone played hard and fought till the end. Can't ask for much more!
yoakster314
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby SPQR » Tue Nov 6, 2012 4:41:31 pm

3-2 loss, goals for Rory (amazing run and good finish) and Matthew (slotted through a really tough angle).

We're sooooo close to converting some of these close losses to wins. Defensively, we're much improved, we are following our runners better, and we're actually controlling a lot more of the action. Just have to get a little bit better at finishing, honestly.
SPQR
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SPQR » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:53:07 pm

6-3 loss last night.

Our good stretches are really good, and they're getting more frequent. For about 7-8 minutes total last night, we were just passing circles around them...fantastic!

We're also doing a better job of doing the right things to support our teammates. Although we can get better at this, we're doing a little better at giving our players passing options.

In our bad stretches, unfortunately, we gave up our goals. We have to be a little better on following our marks defensively, we'll talk about this one before the next game.
SPQR
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SPQR » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:24:45 am

A 3-1 win last night! Randall stood on his head to make some of those saves and we nearly held them to our first shutout, if not for that late goal.

Goals for Rory and Morgan (a good left-footed effort) as well as an own-goal. Our communication was great - I remember one specific instance where two of our players switched positions for a minute as needed, and then switched back a minute later. All because they were communicating with each other and were aware of what the situation called for. So great job there.

Our finishing and passing does have to be a little bit better. Gave away too many passes that we shouldn't have, and if we could have put away one or two more of those great chances, then it wouldn't have been as close.

Overall, though, great job. Especially good work from Morgan and Courteney, who responded really well to some coaching advice!
SPQR
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Der Sounder Schaft » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:46:08 am

Nice Job!!
Der Sounder Schaft
Past ECS Member

Unread postby The Cutter » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:00:45 pm

let me know if you need a sub at all this season. with womens not starting again until Jan ill need to keep my skills up
The Cutter
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SPQR » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:37:57 am

A great 3-2 win last night over the league's first-place team! :sounderstwirl:

Incredible game, I'm very proud of how we played!! Everything came together, we did all of those little things that I asked us to work on.

Defensively, we tried something different to begin with (man-marking their tall, long-haired guy who is their main offensive threat), but when that didn't work very well, we switched back to our typical defensive formation, which we found a lot of success with last night. That team is very, very good on the dribble and we shut down all of their lanes. Even if one of their guys beat one of us on the dribble, we had someone supporting them defensively right away. They had no time or space to work their offense. Huge credit to us there, being fluid enough to understand when to leave our marks to support the defender on the ball. Also, very good job on our defensive coverage when one of our players either moved up or slid out of position - we were flexible enough and aware enough to slide into the gaps that they left so that we had no weak areas.

Offensively, we created a ton of chances. Our scoring opportunities must have outnumbered theirs by a solid 3 to 1. I think our finishing could use improvement - as it has for a while, and I should have put a few of those away myself - but if we are creating so many chances on goal, the numbers say that we're going to score.

Courteney did a great job putting herself into good attacking positions for those cross-goal passes and rebounds. One of those is going to get in!

Randall had another fantastic game, you are doing a great job at not only making the saves but also of keeping everyone organized back there, a lot of our defensive fluidity last night was thanks to you talking to everyone.

Megan, it's really good to have you back from injury, we are winning a lot more duels and keeping much more possession with you out there.

Brian, an excellent job fighting for and winning the ball, and you were especially great in that defensive covering/shifting that I was talking about.

Kyle, thanks for busting your ass playing mid as we needed - thanks for stepping up - your ball control was fantastic and your passing was good.

Sarah was great on offense last night with two goals and an assist, you were helping to create most of the chances we were creating up top and helped out well in the back when we needed you there. And an excellent finish by Rory for the game-winner!
SPQR
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SPQR » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:33:02 pm

And, added bonus: we should have Julia and Danyeal returning from injury next week!
SPQR
Past ECS Member

Unread postby dj10 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:25:18 pm

Great job guys! So bummed I missed this one. When I heard we won I was like, "Woot!" but when I realized which team it was that you beat, then I was all "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!" :mrgreen:

Very exciting stuff!!
dj10
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby SPQR » Tue Dec 4, 2012 11:27:41 am

3-0 win last night for our third in a row!

Goals:
Rory (x2)
Sarah

Clean Sheet:
Randall

Fantastic defensive effort as a team to earn the clean sheet. As usual, Randall was doing his part in goal by fearlessly diving in to win the ball at their forwards’ feet, but I also want to give a lot of credit to how our defenders were playing. Firstly, we weren’t often stabbing when we challenged for the ball, we were standing them up and thus we were rarely beaten on the dribble. Secondly, we were doing well to cover our marks in the back – running hard to get back into position if we were pushed up the field, following our marks, trading marks as necessary by passing them off to the other defender or midfielder. Well done especially to Danyeal who kept the communication going and was calling out marks the whole game! And also well done to Julia, who seamlessly slipped right back into the lineup after being gone for three weeks, and was flexible with positions as we needed.

Offensively, I think we could have done well to create more chances, because we had far fewer last night than the past two weeks. Our offense didn’t really seem to get going all night, save for a few flashes. But the important part is that we finished the chances we did create, which is exactly what I emphasized to everyone before the game, so well done there!

Finally, extra praise for Brian, who was giving incredible effort last night both getting forward and then sprinting back to give our defense support.

Our team has been in great form lately, we really have turned a corner! Let’s continue this improvement and get four in a row next week!
SPQR
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SPQR » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:42:56 pm

3-1 win last night for our fourth in a row

Goals: Kyle (first of season, well done!), Anthony, Sarah (leading the team with 7 goals this season)

You guys rock. That is all :-D
SPQR
Past ECS Member

Unread postby miniburnsie » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:07:05 am

All we gotta do is score 3 goals. magic number.
Wear white tomorrow!
And we had some seriously decent possession coming out of the back, then checking into the middle, then looking for the runner.
always stoked to play with you guys :D

aaaand happy birthday anthony! :raver:
miniburnsie
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Doc_Sounder » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:11:01 am

So me and Nisha are coming out tonight. My apologies in advance, I haven't played field in a long time.
Doc_Sounder
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby dj10 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:07:58 am

Doc_Sounder wrote:So me and Nisha are coming out tonight. My apologies in advance, I haven't played field in a long time.

Fun! I've missed playing with you guys!
dj10
ECS Member 2020

PreviousNext

Return to ECS FC