Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

ECS FC v TAFC, 2014 series announcement

ECS Football Club

Unread postby SPQR » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:49:35 pm

It is my great pleasure to announce that ECS FC and Timbers Army FC have agreed to the continue and expand our annual series of rivalry matches. This year's games are tentatively set to take place on the weekend of August 23rd, which is the day before the Sounders take on the Timbers at Providence Park.

I'm also extremely excited to announce that we have agreed to expand this year's series with our first-ever women's game. The ECS FC Women have accepted a challenge from Timbers Army's Whipsaws FC and this game will be added on as part of the series.

As with our other teams, we expect women's roster spots to be in high demand. Any women interested in playing in this match should contact our women's team manager Megan Sego at megan.sego@gmail.com. I will point out that Megan's roster selection criteria will rest most heavily on commitment, reliability, payment history, and weekly attendance for the ECS FC Women's team during the rest of this summer. If you're interested in playing in this game, now is the best time to get involved with the team!

Roster selection for the men's teams will very remain similar to past years. Any players with questions about the roster are recommended to inquire with their managers.

As someone who has been fortunate enough to play in two of these games myself, let me just say that these games are so unique that the memories really do stick with you forever. Being able to not only play for your club's pride but also the pride of your city is an unforgettable experience.

Additionally, I'd like to extend the invitation to all ECS members, fans, and family who wish to come down early for the weekend in order to support our players in these games. In 2012, we had a sizable and boisterous contingent of ECS FC fans whose support was greatly appreciated and really made the games special for our guys.

More details on all three matches are set to be announced later this summer, so please stay tuned.
SPQR
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Nikolai » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:58:52 pm

can. not. wait!
Nikolai
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby RatCity » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:07:44 am

Suddenly buying that bus ticket prematurely seems like a foolish purchase...
RatCity
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Llarian » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:49:26 am

RatCity wrote:Suddenly buying that bus ticket prematurely seems like a foolish purchase...

I was kinda thinking the same thing. haha
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby SPQR » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:47:47 am

Hi all -

Our match times and locations are set, our rosters are locked in, and everyone is ready to go!

All games will take place at Buckman Field in Portland on Saturday 8/23: https://www.google.com/maps/preview?ie= ... JgBEPwSMAo

ECS FC Women vs Timbers Army Whipsaws FC - 4 PM
ECS FC Men's II vs Timbers Army North End United - 4 PM
ECS FC Men's I vs Timbers Army FC Portlandia - 6 PM

Trophy ceremony for the Men's I game to immediately follow.

Afterwards, we invite everyone to join us at the afterparty, to be held at nearby Spirit of 77! https://www.google.com/maps/place/Spiri ... 8f9b962cb2

We will have drink specials as well as Redhook's No Equal Blonde on tap.

Everyone traveling down to Portland early for the MLS match is encouraged to join us for the matches and the afterparty. In 2012, we had amazing traveling support and we are expecting up to 125 people making the trip down to either support or play in these matches.

Take em all!
SPQR
Past ECS Member

Return to ECS FC