Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Announcement: Stepping Down as ECS FC Director

ECS Football Club

Unread postby SPQR » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:14:57 pm

Good evening all,

As some of you have heard already, I am stepping down as Emerald City Supporters FC Director this fall. I was able to announce this at the afterparty for the Supporters' Cup matches in Portland, and word has probably made its way around but I wanted to be sure to make an official communication to the entire club.

I have been so honored to serve this duty to the club and to the Emerald City Supporters. It has been a blessing to get to meet, work alongside, coach, and play with all of you. Although not every decision was the perfect one, I believe that I left the club stronger and more vibrant than it was before. We now feature more teams and players across more diverse skill levels than ever before. Because of this, we have been able to get more and more Emerald City Supporters to regularly play the sport they love, in addition to bringing more local soccer players into the ECS family. Of this, I am extremely proud.

I am happy to say that I will remain involved in helping the ECS FC Management team, so you'll certainly see me helping out at various games, fundraisers, tournaments, and other events. I also plan to keep playing myself! However, I am glad to pass the leader's torch to our next director to continue our wonderful tradition. This person will be overseeing the club in 2018, when we'll proudly be celebrating as our ten year anniversary. Although I can't announce who that person is just yet because we are in the final steps of getting them confirmed, I am so excited that we have an excellent qualified and enthusiastic candidate lined up. More to be announced on that front very soon.

I'd especially like to thank my wonderful coaches, managers, and admins who make up our ECS FC Management team. We could not run the club without their tireless efforts. They have my sincerest gratitude always.

I strongly encourage anyone who feels passionately about this club to VOLUNTEER your time and effort, offer help as you can, even consider taking on a role in managing part of the club administration. There is no lack of passion among our players, so please offer to put that forward to good use!

See you on the pitch,

Anthony De Simone
SPQR
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Skarpian » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:20:03 pm

Thank you sir! You did a great job with the club during your tenure. Enjoy retirement!
Skarpian
Past ECS Member

Unread postby FuzzyForeigner » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:09:26 am

thanks for all your work!
FuzzyForeigner
ECS Member 2019

Return to ECS FC