Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Sounders FC Council

A Place To Talk About Seattle's MLS Team.

Unread postby babyblue4b » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:34:28 pm

Considering how many people we have in ECS with season tickets, it shouldn't have taken Greg as long as it did to get the 25 votes. Come on people VOTE! My vote went in for Robby months ago, when the voting first started. VOTE!!! NOW!!!
babyblue4b
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ericgi » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:22:53 pm

exactly. We should have at least 4-5 ppl on that council by now
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby Blue Lightning » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:02:58 am

I'm still harboring dillussions of being elected to the Council. But seriously, folks put your vote in for Robbie already. I can guarantee you won't regret it. And besides, we need to get the people who were effective in growing the ECS on the Council so that we can finally get to the folks who were ineffective in growing the ECS--say, someone who manned an ECS info table for two years and didn't get a single ECS recruit out of it.
Blue Lightning
Past ECS Member

Unread postby bedir than average » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:35:11 pm

Well, Greg was #2!

From SoundersFC.com

The rules suck, plus it would be nice if they let us mortals know how many votes we have had.
bedir than average
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby FuzzyForeigner » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:39:15 pm

cool thanks
FuzzyForeigner
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby squarehead » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:06:14 pm

Well, once we've got Robby in then we should probably prepare voting lists, platforms and all that junk for the next round.

It's what socios basically do in Spain, right? They effectively have political parties inside the club, I think.
squarehead
Past ECS Member

Unread postby H., » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:57:16 pm

I might have 10 or so votes, but since we can't check on that, dunno for sure.

H.
H.,
Past ECS Member

Unread postby jeffbr » Mon Dec 1, 2008 3:34:58 pm

finnfan wrote:
Vote for Robby Branom, people.

I just did. Don't know why it took me so long to get around to voting.
jeffbr
Past ECS Member

Unread postby tallguy » Tue Dec 2, 2008 1:56:25 pm

jeffbr wrote:
finnfan wrote:
Vote for Robby Branom, people.

I just did. Don't know why it took me so long to get around to voting.

i know why- it's so you could vote for robby branom! :lolsign:
tallguy
Past ECS Member

Unread postby MMClark » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:06:45 pm

Whoever just put that picture up of Robby, thanks for the good laugh, lol.
MMClark
Past ECS Member

Unread postby rassilon42 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 3:13:14 pm

Yes that is a great post and campaign flyer! He will do anything to promote soccer!
rassilon42
Past ECS Member

Unread postby tallguy » Fri Dec 5, 2008 4:02:20 pm

anything? i mean, we're a pretty twisted bunch. anything? :twisted:
tallguy
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Leo Henton » Fri Dec 5, 2008 8:46:12 pm

Although the background music was a bit above ambient on thursday evening December 4, 2008 ... I seem to remember casual convesation about that afternoon's advisory council meeting.

Two relevant questions:

a) Are there any open action items that enrolled management is presently seeking input on ? If so, when is the deadline and what is the anticipated correlation coefficient within an anticipated "If - Then" logical flow?

b) Are there any general polling type questions that enrolled management has for current and potential paying customers ? Or the flip-side of that would be, "Do the big bosses have the correct pulse of the public" ? In other words, did they learn everything they needed from their own websites recent survey .... or did they only learn there is probably some unanicipated attitudes out there that their own survey only saw as tangents?

Thanks for your patience and service of the current elected representatives.

One question I'm sure some lurkers would like to now ... how deep are their pockets, how much red cash flow can they eat and for how long, when is the anticipated break-even point, and is there a Return on Investment objective.

Please please someone tell me that current ownership is in this for the duration and will not churn it three to five years after initial success. That's really all I ask for.

Leo
Leo Henton
Past ECS Member

Unread postby MMClark » Fri Dec 5, 2008 11:43:25 pm

Leo Henton wrote:Although the background music was a bit above ambient on thursday evening December 4, 2008 ... I seem to remember casual convesation about that afternoon's advisory council meeting.

Two relevant questions:

a) Are there any open action items that enrolled management is presently seeking input on ? If so, when is the deadline and what is the anticipated correlation coefficient within an anticipated "If - Then" logical flow?

b) Are there any general polling type questions that enrolled management has for current and potential paying customers ? Or the flip-side of that would be, "Do the big bosses have the correct pulse of the public" ? In other words, did they learn everything they needed from their own websites recent survey .... or did they only learn there is probably some unanicipated attitudes out there that their own survey only saw as tangents?

Thanks for your patience and service of the current elected representatives.

One question I'm sure some lurkers would like to now ... how deep are their pockets, how much red cash flow can they eat and for how long, when is the anticipated break-even point, and is there a Return on Investment objective.

Please please someone tell me that current ownership is in this for the duration and will not churn it three to five years after initial success. That's really all I ask for.

Leo

:shock: I like to think of myself as an intelligent man, but I think my brain just fainted trying to read all this lol.

The only thing I have a comment on is that I know that Adrian will be in Seattle supporting the Sounders till the end of time. I really get a sense of dedication from that man. Chris Henderson I think would be his passenger no matter what. Time will have to tell on Drew Carey and Joe Roth. There has been no inclination that they will take the cash and run, and I definitely don't think they wil; in fact, I've never even considered it until reading your post. Even if they do want to cut ties with the Sounders, I'm sure they'll sell their ownership to capable, well intentioned people, but lets talk about that road if we ever even get to it.

And the post about Robby.... "Robby has been a Sounders fan since 1994 when he as still a little 7 year old, size three soccer ball" i think i'm gonna die of laughter
MMClark
Past ECS Member

Unread postby finnfan » Sat Dec 6, 2008 6:15:07 am

I doubt an MLS soccer franchise would be the way to go for somebody who is only interested in making money.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

PreviousNext

Return to Seattle Sounders FC