Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Thank You Leo

A Place To Talk About Seattle's MLS Team.

Unread postby Ultra666 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:38:53 am

I want to take a moment to recognize Leo Gonzalez for the blood, sweat, and tears that he has shed for the Seattle Sounders FC. When he was announced in 2009, I knew he would be a solid addition to the team. I will miss watching him battle it out on the field, his smile to the fans, and his love for our city. I am happy to see that he was able to re-sign with his first pro club, Herediano.
I know he may never see this, and that does not matter. He has taken his place among the well respected players that have given me moments of pure joy, as well as utter anguish.

Gracias Leo Gonzales, una vez a la Sounder - siempre una Sounder

(reposted from facebook)
Ultra666
ECS Founder

Unread postby FuzzyForeigner » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:17:59 am

grazie leo and good luck!
FuzzyForeigner
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Leo Henton » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:44:57 pm

Leo Gonzalez was always a tough-it-out and gritty player for Sounders FC.

Does anyone know if his new and former club, Herediano appears on any of the Comcast Hispanic channels on cable TV? They do have some Central American Tv channels available. Would like to watch him in action again, from afar.
Leo Henton
Past ECS Member

Unread postby vallenato78 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:33:02 pm

On directv yes, but you need the spanish language package
Love Leo and wish him the best
vallenato78
ECS Member 2018

Unread postby delmundo » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:15:13 pm

I remember this:

Then, being on a tifo crew you get to see some interesting things.
When you are walking back to the bar, sometimes you see the players and FO driving out of the stadium and heading home.
You can look at some of the super nice cars, then somebody points out in the string of cars...,

Leo and his family.
No fancy car. Something plain and workman like. It's quality noted in it being a few years old, and still doing what it is supposed to.
It has its own character and heart.
There's a few players on this club who demonstrate this. And we talk trash when they make a mistake, or can't keep up, or somehow aren't magic. Or roll our eyes when they are announced in the lineup. I'm guilty of this too.

What have they given to this club?

What does it mean to them? I can't find the video of him being subbed off versus the Galaxy after being injured in the playoffs this year. But if you can recall the scene, or a picture, You know what I'm talking about.

Best of Luck Leo. Thank you for what you done for the Sounders
delmundo
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby allfalldown » Tue Mar 8, 2016 1:34:32 am

Leo was always one of my fave players from the original 09 team. I could tell he was mildly hungry to score and I swore I'd shoot a Jägermeister shot when he finally did. I had the fortune to watch him play masterful defense and score TWO goals for the Sounders. He'll be missed.
allfalldown
ECS Member 2019

Return to Seattle Sounders FC