Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Time to change Take em all?

A Place To Talk About Seattle's MLS Team.

Unread postby Mobilebro » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:00:29 pm

I've never particularly liked the line about lining our opponents up and shooting them, and now I truly think it is time to adjust the chant to be more in line with competition and our higher aspirations as supporters. In light of the violent shooting issues we have in America it is time for us to make light changes to the lyrics. I think its time to get clever and switch it to something more clever. I'd love to hear suggestions.

Take Em All
Take ‘em all, Take ‘em all,
Put ‘em up against a wall and shoot ‘em,
Short n tall, watch ‘em fall,
Come on boys, take ‘em all
Mobilebro
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby pbradbury » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:08:55 pm

I don't have a clever alternate but I agree this should be changed or retired.
pbradbury
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby vallenato78 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:27:31 am

Are we going to stop singing "burn destroy wreck and kill"? There has always been violence, and since guns have existed there has been gun violence. This is a song, and even in the song its not meant in the literal sense. Its one of our oldest songs and one of the best ones to get the section pumped up. I am not saying we should keep it just because of that, but at the end of the day its just a song. This group is very much against violence of any kind, especially gun violence. Singing this song doesn't change that.
vallenato78
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Ultra666 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:49:18 am

Take Em' All is going nowhere.
Please search this forum and read all the posts over the years regarding this same exact subject.
Ultra666
ECS Founder

Unread postby crdiaz73 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:44:56 am

Ultra666 wrote:Take Em' All is going nowhere.
Please search this forum and read all the posts over the years regarding this same exact subject.

I suggest that Mobilebro and pbradbury buy a 2018 ECS memberships. Seeing that between the two of you there has only been 3 posts looks suspicious. Yes there has been debates about this a multitude of times. as Ultra666 has stated "Please search this forum and read all the posts over the years regarding this same exact subject"
crdiaz73
ECS Member 2019

Return to Seattle Sounders FC