Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

10/21/2012 :: SSFC : F*C* Dallas -- KICK 18:00

Everything match specific.

Unread postby finnfan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:50:01 pm

Yeah, in particular in our second goal his run drew defenders onto him and left Evans wide open for Tiffert's pass. There were other times, but this is the most obvious example.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Smphillips » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:14:44 pm

nuthatch wrote:One thing I wanted to say about last night - the LBFV crew was over in 121 and they rocked it. They were an instant injection of intensity into the section that got others in the section going too. One of the better atmospheres in 121 I've seen this season, and I think this was a big part of it.

Hope you guys will stick around in 121 for future matches!

This was my second time in 121, I was in J by the aisle to be exact, and I thought it was pretty good. Not sure what was going on behind me, but in front of me, especially the first row had tons of energy! I know I was exhausted as I am sure we all were. Watching and listening to the ESPN replay brings a proud smile when I hear how loud we all were last night.
Smphillips
ECS Member 2021

Unread postby bulldog » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:44:49 pm

Llarian wrote:
Ajas wrote:Surprised they didn't announce MOTM as 'Warm Body'.... First goal was Montero second was Tiffert ... Evans' best play was a good tackle near the corner of the box in the 2nd half... Otherwise he played pretty shitty.

It's sad... We have a guy like Mario Martinez who can actually help us win a cup.. And Evans with the big contract still plays.. Just fucking sad... Nice goals Warm Body Evans.

Opta would like to disagree with you.

Evans had a pretty good game in the midfield, particularly defensively.

don't over rely on stats, you are not going to learn much about the game otherwise
example, successful passes...I could stand 2 feet away from one of my teammates and do the Barca
...tap the ball back and forth incessantly and i made a successful pass
layoffs...again ..could be a very simple pass back
throw ins...wow..throw it back as far as possible into my own half..chances are it will be successful
too many stats too many joke stats...
Opta made by some nerd
bulldog
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Llarian » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:46:14 pm

bulldog wrote:don't over rely on stats, you are not going to learn much about the game otherwise
example, successful passes...I could stand 2 feet away from one of my teammates and do the Barca
...tap the ball back and forth incessantly and i made a successful pass
layoffs...again ..could be a very simple pass back
throw ins...wow..throw it back as far as possible into my own half..chances are it will be successful
too many stats too many joke stats...
Opta made by some nerd

As I've mentioned before, one can be knowledgable about the game, and still look at stats for things you might not see on the pitch.

(FWIW, I think Evans actually had a better game than the stats indicate, but that's my subject observation of the match from GA)
Llarian
ECS Member 2021

Unread postby finnfan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:49:45 pm

Statistics have their place: never to replace expertise, but rather to supplement it. And I believe they are much more useful when used comparatively rather than in absolute terms.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Previous

Return to Match Day