Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

10/28/2012 :: LA Gals : SSFC -- KICK 18:00

Everything match specific.

Unread postby Ajas » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:59:27 pm

slacker57 wrote:
Ajas wrote:
Please Brad Evans get injured.
PLEASE.

Our Cup hopes absolutely depend on it. Even if you have to fake a hammy tweak, just do it for the team.

Huh? how so?

The abject laziness that led to him watching his mark, Mike Magee, run past him to score the winning goal.

For one.

Game after game after game. If you're shit on offense, and you're shit on defense. You're shit. period. Fake injury and save us the disappointment. A lot of people here would have loved to host this MLS Cup. Fuck Evans.
Ajas
Past ECS Member

Unread postby slacker57 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:40:01 am

Instead of blaming Evans on that play, it is more accurate to blame the offense's inability to finish all game long or blame Stott for disallowing Evans' would-be equalizer in stoppage time.
slacker57
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby thanatos80 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:12:40 am

slacker57 wrote:Instead of blaming Evans on that play, it is more accurate to blame the offense's inability to finish all game long or blame Stott for disallowing Evans' would-be equalizer in stoppage time.
Blaming the offense (which Evans is a part of, you'll recall) would be doing a disservice to Saunders, who played a great match. He saved LA's ass a number of times (even though he should have been shown a red for his handball). Also, why would you blame Stott for making the CORRECT call? If we're willing to tear a ref to shreds when they fuckup a call that should have gone our way, then we better be willing to acknowledge when they get one right, even when it goes against us.
thanatos80
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby SimonM » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:51:08 am

Just a bizarre game. You'd have thought with the playoffs coming up this week, both teams would have been looking to play with playoff-style intensity. Instead, it felt more like an exhibition game; wide open, lots of chances, and some pretty shabby defending. Normally, it would have been a quite enjoyable game, but in the circumstances, it was all just a little worrying. We really can't afford to give RSL that much space.

Injury to EJ is very worrying. He was having a terrific game up until he went off, and our performance dropped off considerably once he was gone.

I'm as disappointed as anyone that we now don't have that potential back door entry into CCL. But I also kinda wonder if it might be good for the mentality of the players to know that we really have to get to the MLS Cup final this time at the very least. There's no US Open Cup in the bag, no CCL qualification in the bag, and not even a Cascadia Cup - it's either get to the final, or spend the winter reflecting on a failure, a lost season. No consolation prizes this time - it's do or die.
SimonM
Past ECS Member

Unread postby nuthatch » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:59:46 am

so irritating.
nuthatch
Past ECS Member

Unread postby cethe » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:21:37 am

maybe it was because i was still SUPER hung over from saturday night still and barely woke up enough to watch it, but that was very "meh" to me all around
cethe
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ericgi » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:13:44 am

finishing was atrocious on both sides... lost track of how many free headers we had in the box with the goal at our mercy... simply put, those kind of chances we have to bury in the playoffs since they don't come around that often. Not to mention we've failed to score in 270+ minutes against RSL this season.

As for Evans, well... our other options are probably even worse in defending (Zakuani, Martinez)
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:09:25 am

Ajas wrote:
slacker57 wrote:
Ajas wrote:
Please Brad Evans get injured.
PLEASE.

Our Cup hopes absolutely depend on it. Even if you have to fake a hammy tweak, just do it for the team.

Huh? how so?

The abject laziness that led to him watching his mark, Mike Magee, run past him to score the winning goal.

For one.

Game after game after game. If you're shit on offense, and you're shit on defense. You're shit. period. Fake injury and save us the disappointment. A lot of people here would have loved to host this MLS Cup. Fuck Evans.

And Brad Evans is the sole reason we won't be doing it? Not any of the other games we dropped points where we could've won the game? But yeah, fuck Brad Evans, all his fault.
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby FuzzyForeigner » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26:23 am

thought this was a perfect game to see martinez in. did not look happy. now how do you use this guy in playoffs? will be interesting. if we use him sparingly in playoffs I would not be surprised to see him leave and I wouldnt blame him.
FuzzyForeigner
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:06:28 am

On an unrelated note, we need at least one center half in the close-season.
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby vallenato78 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:47:25 am

FuzzyForeigner wrote:thought this was a perfect game to see martinez in. did not look happy. now how do you use this guy in playoffs? will be interesting. if we use him sparingly in playoffs I would not be surprised to see him leave and I wouldnt blame him.

Sigi hates Martinez
vallenato78
Past ECS Member

Unread postby wampXstomp » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:48:27 pm

vallenato78 wrote:
FuzzyForeigner wrote:thought this was a perfect game to see martinez in. did not look happy. now how do you use this guy in playoffs? will be interesting. if we use him sparingly in playoffs I would not be surprised to see him leave and I wouldnt blame him.

Sigi hates Martinez

Martinez will go to Chivas USA and they will win the Cup next year. :twisted:
wampXstomp
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ericgi » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:10:50 pm

Messi could go to chivas usa and they'd still finish last
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby Ajas » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:13:57 am

SP The Ghost wrote:And Brad Evans is the sole reason we won't be doing it? Not any of the other games we dropped points where we could've won the game? But yeah, fuck Brad Evans, all his fault.

He had 2 other absolute comical defending blunders that should have conceded goals... 7:00 mark, he does some of the absolute worst offside trap marking I've ever seen in my life to let Keane free... Then just before he gives up the goal, he's literally walking away from the corner kick, ball in play, "marking" Wilhelmsson (5 yards away) just before that dude rockets a volley a foot wide.

Pete Vagenas and Nate Jaqua come to mind when considering the path of overpaid underperformers on the Sounders. We blew up our chance at hosting MLS Cup down in LA, but we can still win the actual trophy if our management corrects its wrongs in time.
Ajas
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Llarian » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:41:44 pm

Ajas wrote:We blew up our chance at hosting MLS Cup down in LA, but we can still win the actual trophy if our management corrects its wrongs in time.

So, uh, you're saying if Sigi kicks Evans to the curb, we'll win the MLS cup?
Llarian
ECS Member 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day