Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

11/02/2012 :: SSFC : RSL -- KICK 19:00 Playoffs

Everything match specific.

Unread postby jbraaten » Fri Nov 2, 2012 11:33:56 pm

Rimando is an incredible keeper. His reactions are ridiculous. MOTM in my opinion. If he was 6'5 he would be traveling over the Atlantic in a heartbeat.
jbraaten
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Llarian » Sat Nov 3, 2012 12:17:00 am

Yeah, way more finger wagging than I expected as a result of that.

If we're gonna get all hurt every time we misjudge any of our chants about diving, we need to just not do them, since injuries aren't usually immediately apparent.

The booing was ridiculous though.
Llarian
ECS Member 2021

Unread postby SeattleCalcio » Sat Nov 3, 2012 12:20:05 am

It's "halftime" and we're going to fucking slaughter them in Rio Tinto. Get in. Make history with the Away Boys!
SeattleCalcio
ECS Co-President

Unread postby Sounderfanboy » Sat Nov 3, 2012 1:00:32 am

Was I the only one who thought Mario played great in the limited time given? If we are tied or need a goal I would love to see him over Steve or David.
Sounderfanboy
Past ECS Member

Unread postby wampXstomp » Sat Nov 3, 2012 1:13:11 am

Sounderfanboy wrote:Was I the only one who thought Mario played great in the limited time given? If we are tied or need a goal I would love to see him over Steve or David.

He was great and needs to play earlier and have more time to do his thing.
wampXstomp
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby AlexPadilla » Sat Nov 3, 2012 7:45:14 am

Unfortunately, his "thing" last night was to dribble dribble dribble and dance with the ball. He hardly created any chances during stoppage time when he was subbed in. I still think he's better than Evans but I don't think he's the answer to our left mid problem.
AlexPadilla
Past ECS Member

Unread postby gabeham206 » Sat Nov 3, 2012 8:16:52 am

I thought Mario had a great presence last night on the pitch. I felt he held back from taking some shots when there were decent opportunities at goal, That he probably would have taken if it was for his national team. He's got a killer shot from distance, And I hope to see more of him in the final leg.
gabeham206
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SuperCodyNC » Sat Nov 3, 2012 8:23:28 am

jbraaten wrote:Rimando is an incredible keeper. His reactions are ridiculous. MOTM in my opinion. If he was 6'5 he would be traveling over the Atlantic in a heartbeat.

I had this exact conversation last night. If he grew overnight, he would be in the top five in the world.
SuperCodyNC
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SimonM » Sat Nov 3, 2012 12:42:19 pm

Disappointing result, obviously, but other than our finishing, I thought our performance was pretty good. We more than matched them in midfield, got some good posessiion, created some decent chances. Ochoa and Estrada should have scored on those clear chances, but we got ourselves in a number of good positions. RSL looked dangerous at times in the first half, but went very quiet after Espindola went off (although that was at least partly due to sitting back for the draw). Alonso and Tiffert were tremendous and I thought the back four were excellent.

I liked the look of the respective body language of the two teams as they came off the field at the end. RSL looked like they think the tie is already won. Our boys looked calm and confident.

Feeling quietly confident about the second leg, especially if Espindola can't go for them. RSL's defence is good, but no way do they shut us out five times in one season. They're not THAT good, especially if Olave is restricted. The pressure is on RSL now, especially after their CCL exit, and I think our boys know they can match RSL now. It will be tight, for sure, but if we come out with the same mentality in the second leg, I think we have a good chance.
SimonM
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ericgi » Sat Nov 3, 2012 12:47:14 pm

Well, no one should be shocked by this result. One goal in 360 minutes between the 2 teams this season... Third straight 0-0 draw... RSL have gone 400+ minutes in all competitions w/o scoring.

Like I posted earlier.... See this playing out like Houston '09... Extra time or (gulp) penalties
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby bulldog » Sat Nov 3, 2012 2:00:03 pm

AlexPadilla wrote:Unfortunately, his "thing" last night was to dribble dribble dribble and dance with the ball. He hardly created any chances during stoppage time when he was subbed in. I still think he's better than Evans but I don't think he's the answer to our left mid problem.

he just needs real coaching
bulldog
Past ECS Member

Unread postby bulldog » Sat Nov 3, 2012 2:01:11 pm

ericgi wrote:Well, no one should be shocked by this result. One goal in 360 minutes between the 2 teams this season... Third straight 0-0 draw... RSL have gone 400+ minutes in all competitions w/o scoring.

Like I posted earlier.... See this playing out like Houston '09... Extra time or (gulp) penalties

yup same old story for us....
got to hope for the 2nd leg
but we don't exactly have a great track record when the going gets tough. :sad:
bulldog
Past ECS Member

Unread postby cethe » Sat Nov 3, 2012 4:13:45 pm

so my google fu sucks and i can't find the complete mls rules.

so, should the ref had rimando pulled to the side or subbed in sooner & continued the match, like any other field player? or are there special considerations for the keeper?

honest question.

from my perspective pretty much center of 122, it looked like beckerman kicked him in the face and i was too busy LOLing about that to worry bout booing. seemed pretty obvious he was actually hurt to me. and i have no shame yelling the initial "let him die" at that point. booing him further was just lame to me. like mmc tried to have us do, it was better, imo, to support our boys at that moment than give rimando any more of our energy.
cethe
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby CursedFrogurt » Sat Nov 3, 2012 4:30:53 pm

cethe wrote:so my google fu sucks and i can't find the complete mls rules.

so, should the ref had rimando pulled to the side or subbed in sooner & continued the match, like any other field player? or are there special considerations for the keeper?

honest question.

from my perspective pretty much center of 122, it looked like beckerman kicked him in the face and i was too busy LOLing about that to worry bout booing. seemed pretty obvious he was actually hurt to me. and i have no shame yelling the initial "let him die" at that point. booing him further was just lame to me. like mmc tried to have us do, it was better, imo, to support our boys at that moment than give rimando any more of our energy.

The keeper is an exception to the rule that states 'no player shall receive treatment on the field'. So he is not required to be removed while they patch him up.

Law 5:

Injured players
The referee must adhere to the following procedure when dealing with injured players:
• Play is allowed to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is, in the opinion of the referee, only slightly injured
• Play is stopped if, in the opinion of the referee, a player is seriously injured
• After questioning the injured player, the referee may authorize one, or at most two [medical staff persons], to enter the field of play to assess the injury and arrange the player’s safe and swift removal from the field of play
• Stretcher-bearers should only enter the field of play with a stretcher following a signal from the referee
• The referee must ensure an injured player is safely removed from the field of play
• A player is not allowed to receive treatment on the field of play
• Any player bleeding from a wound must leave the field of play. He may not return until the referee is satisfied that the bleeding has stopped. A player is not permitted to wear clothing with blood on it
• As soon as the referee has authorized the doctors to enter the field of play, the player must leave the field of play, either on a stretcher or on foot. If a player does not comply, he must be cautioned for unsporting behavior
• An injured player may only return to the field of play after the match has restarted
• When the ball is in play, an injured player must re-enter the field of play from the touch line. When the ball is out of play, the injured player may re-enter from any of the boundary lines
• Irrespective of whether the ball is in play or not, only the referee is authorized to allow an injured player to re-enter the field of play
• The referee may give permission for an injured player to return to the field of play if an assistant referee or the fourth official verifies that the player is ready
• If play has not otherwise been stopped for another reason, or if an injury suffered by a player is not the result of a breach of the Laws of the Game, the referee must restart play with a dropped ball from the position of the ball when play was stopped, unless play was stopped inside the goal area, in which case the referee drops the ball on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the ball was when play was stopped.
• The referee must allow for the full amount of time lost through injury to be played at the end of each period of play
• Once the referee has decided to issue a card to a player who is injured and has to leave the field of play for treatment, the referee must issue the card before the player leaves the field of play

Exceptions to this ruling are to be made only when:
• a goalkeeper is injured
• a goalkeeper and an outfield player have collided and need immediate attention
• players from the same team have collided and need immediate attention
CursedFrogurt
Past ECS Member

Unread postby cethe » Sat Nov 3, 2012 4:38:51 pm

CursedFrogurt wrote:The keeper is an exception to the rule that states 'no player shall receive treatment on the field'. So he is not required to be removed while they patch him up.

thanks!
at first i was annoyed, but then it occured to me this might be the case. then as long as we got proper stopage time, which i feel we did, it's all good.
cethe
ECS Member 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day