Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

11/08/2012 :: RSL : SSFC -- KICK 18:30 Playoffs

Everything match specific.

Unread postby kingofkings24 » Thu Nov 8, 2012 10:49:07 pm

This is exactly what we needed!!! lets kick some LA Butt then bring on the east!!!! Cause they are weak!!!!
kingofkings24
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Mr_K » Thu Nov 8, 2012 10:49:40 pm

ericgi wrote:the curse is over, bring on LA, and who the fuck are ya San Jose? :D

This win felt great. Celebratory Bia Hanoi has been opened. :cheers:
Mr_K
Past ECS Member

Unread postby jbraaten » Thu Nov 8, 2012 10:51:27 pm

kingofkings24 wrote:This is exactly what we needed!!! lets kick some LA Butt then bring on the east!!!! Cause they are weak!!!!

Love the enthusiasm but LA are looking very strong. We need Mauro and the whole bunch to defeat a hot LA. I'm still optimistic but it's gonna be a battle.
jbraaten
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Thu Nov 8, 2012 11:11:39 pm

L.A. plays very similar to RSL. It's mostly counter attack football. Then relying on getting fouled for a Beckham free kick.
ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ericgi » Thu Nov 8, 2012 11:48:40 pm

difference is though, LA can finish and RSL can't. Keane's a lot more lethal than anything they had.

1st leg is going to be a war. Tired legs against even more tired legs. May have to start some different players... going to be interesting what Sigi rolls out.

LA have one additional day of rest and don't have to travel... just need to get out of there at least level, or keeping it to a goal's difference.

Gspurning's had a great year, but have to give mad props to Rimando for this series. Single handedly kept RSL in it... probably deserves the series MVP even in a losing cause.
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby 6ft2whiteguy » Fri Nov 9, 2012 12:21:11 am

ericgi wrote:give mad props to Rimando for this series. Single handedly kept RSL in it... probably deserves the series MVP even in a losing cause.

Agree. Only shot to beat him was an absolute golazo.
6ft2whiteguy
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SimonM » Fri Nov 9, 2012 5:38:12 am

I nearly laughed my dick off when I saw this quote from Jason Kreis:

"Seattle was living and dying on the counter, and credit to them they had a game plan and they succeeded with it. I hope that, in the grand scheme of things, everything evens out, and that's just the way I see the game. So nobody misinterpret what I'm saying right now, but I hope that if there is a hundred games played, the team that's willing to risk more, the team that's willing to be more bold, the team that's willing to set the tempo and wanting to set the tempo gets results; but for what I have seen over the past couple of days that's not happening."

Seriously Jason? Every single time your team comes to Seattle, you come with a negative gameplan and do everything possible to ruin the flow of the game. Love the mixture of 'hypocrite' and 'sore loser' there.

Magnificent effort from the Sounders last night.
SimonM
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Shonka3dogs » Fri Nov 9, 2012 7:58:21 am

I had to look on the Internet when I woke up this morning to make sure it wasn't just a dream, I'm going to chew my arm off waiting for Sunday!
Fingers crossed that Mau might be able to play some by them. Is it Sunday yet???
Shonka3dogs
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Llarian » Fri Nov 9, 2012 9:35:35 am

SimonM wrote:I nearly laughed my dick off when I saw this quote from Jason Kreis:

"Seattle was living and dying on the counter, and credit to them they had a game plan and they succeeded with it. I hope that, in the grand scheme of things, everything evens out, and that's just the way I see the game. So nobody misinterpret what I'm saying right now, but I hope that if there is a hundred games played, the team that's willing to risk more, the team that's willing to be more bold, the team that's willing to set the tempo and wanting to set the tempo gets results; but for what I have seen over the past couple of days that's not happening."

Seriously Jason? Every single time your team comes to Seattle, you come with a negative gameplan and do everything possible to ruin the flow of the game. Love the mixture of 'hypocrite' and 'sore loser' there.

Wow. That's a pretty unbelievable quote. No grace in defeat, eh Kreis?
Llarian
ECS Member 2021

Unread postby cethe » Fri Nov 9, 2012 9:44:13 am

SimonM wrote:I nearly laughed my dick off when I saw this quote from Jason Kreis:.

wow, what a fucking nozzle. oh well, FUCK HIM who's playing in LA sunday & who's not?

i'm cautiously optimistic about our chances going forward. we can beat both LA & Houston, just gotta keep it tight & don't let silly mistakes burn us
cethe
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Voodoo09 » Fri Nov 9, 2012 9:49:15 am

As soon as you said you nearly laughed your dick off I stopped reading immediately. I can laugh pretty hard so didn't want to risk it.

In all seriousness...I think that's pretty ironic. Not Alanis Morrisette (don't know if I spelled it right and do not care) ironic but actually ironic.

EDIT: remove double negative
Voodoo09
Past ECS Member

Unread postby jbraaten » Fri Nov 9, 2012 10:24:51 am

Now that I've settled down and my hands aren't shaking as much:

That match could have gone either way, but we got fortunate. Wonder strike? Yes. But during the majority of the match our midfield was absent. Fredy and Eddie's touches were horrible. But our defense was pretty solid. Gspurning is a wall and has controlled our positioning very well lately. Alonso was a beast at defending as well. If we're going to win the next series, not by luck, we need to start connecting better. Mauro will be a huge piece of that.

One of my favorite things from last night was that we hustled like crazy. We kept up the pressure which RSL had some bad passes from. We had some guys really playing their hearts out (ahem... Tiffert). If we get our strikers to start playing well and we can bring the ball up the field well we won't have to worry about getting lucky to score one goal.

That Mario goal had two other effects. One, he put himself on the map as a skillfull shooter in MLS, which will change how opposing keepers think of him and how he's marked. Two, let's hope it's "Great shot Mario, please start shooting more".
jbraaten
Past ECS Member

Unread postby afecks » Fri Nov 9, 2012 10:40:47 am

SimonM wrote:I nearly laughed my dick off when I saw this quote from Jason Kreis:

You know what, Kreis, that's not how soccer goes. Sack up and deal with it, crybaby.
afecks
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Jabsco » Fri Nov 9, 2012 10:49:06 am

Jabsco
ECS Member 2021

Unread postby gabeham206 » Fri Nov 9, 2012 10:54:55 am

Zombie Tiffert!
gabeham206
Past ECS Member

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day