Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

11/11/2012 :: LA : SSFC -- KICK 18:00 - WCF

Everything match specific.

Unread postby bulldog » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:54:34 am

Ultra666 wrote:
Wibby wrote:Against Gonzales, I do not believe Ochoa would ever get the ball solo up front.

I am pretty confident that he would do better than Montero and Tiffert in that role.

Ultra is right..
Ochoa is much stronger physically than Montero
and when u play alone at front u need that
Tiffert is an attacking mid not a striker again Ultra is so right

how the front player gets the player is up to the service to him
once he has it..up to him and he has to hold it up waiting for support
basic 101 football
bulldog
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Ultra666 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:05:11 am

Yea, you can even switch Ochoa and Montero if/when needed.
Ochoa would fall back a bit and look to flick on headers to Montero/Tiffert/Super Mario who would be running off the ball.
Or, Ochoa could trap and control the ball and pass it off to Montero/Tiffert/Super Mario who would be running off the ball.

That is the basic way you run a 4-5-1 up top.
Putting Tiffert and Montero in those spots still makes me scratch my head....
Ultra666
ECS Founder

Unread postby Shonka3dogs » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:16:39 pm

I can't stop thinking about the lineup that was used. That being said, it wasn't that many match's ago that we as ECS were hoisting up a huge tifo in honor of Sigi. Now, pondering upon last Sunday as we do, we lost to a top side who's on fire right now while we are minus Mau, Burch and a half buggered EJ. Throwing Sigi under the bus is not making me feel all warm and fuzzy. Most of you who post seem to know quite a bit more about the game and strategy than I, that is obvious, but I'd still like to think that our scarf-chewing Sigi did the best he could with the players at hand. And lacking the ability of hindsight, I'm sure he too is being eaten up inside about Sunday. I'll be singing my 45 year old lungs out for 4 goals this weekend ⚽
Shonka3dogs
Past ECS Member

Unread postby jtowner » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:22:17 pm

Mario is getting some serious frequent flyer miles.... At least the friendly is at Houston's BBVA stadium. Not sure how much it will impact things Sunday, but I'd rather he be rested - 120 minutes is a long ass game.
jtowner
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby cethe » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:26:08 pm

if mauro is healthy, i don't see mario starting.
i guess we'll see sunday though.
cethe
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:33:32 pm

cethe wrote:if mauro is healthy, i don't see mario starting.

If Mario and Mauro both don't start it will further prove Sigi has np clue what he's doing.
ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:35:32 pm

Shonka3dogs wrote:I can't stop thinking about the lineup that was used. That being said, it wasn't that many match's ago that we as ECS were hoisting up a huge tifo in honor of Sigi. Now, pondering upon last Sunday as we do, we lost to a top side who's on fire right now while we are minus Mau, Burch and a half buggered EJ. Throwing Sigi under the bus is not making me feel all warm and fuzzy. Most of you who post seem to know quite a bit more about the game and strategy than I, that is obvious, but I'd still like to think that our scarf-chewing Sigi did the best he could with the players at hand. And lacking the ability of hindsight, I'm sure he too is being eaten up inside about Sunday. I'll be singing my 45 year old lungs out for 4 goals this weekend ⚽

I don't blame him for starting Zach Scott. I blame him for using our weakest strength wise forward as a target forward.
ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Skarpian » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:42:36 pm

ProdigalReality wrote:
Shonka3dogs wrote:I can't stop thinking about the lineup that was used. That being said, it wasn't that many match's ago that we as ECS were hoisting up a huge tifo in honor of Sigi. Now, pondering upon last Sunday as we do, we lost to a top side who's on fire right now while we are minus Mau, Burch and a half buggered EJ. Throwing Sigi under the bus is not making me feel all warm and fuzzy. Most of you who post seem to know quite a bit more about the game and strategy than I, that is obvious, but I'd still like to think that our scarf-chewing Sigi did the best he could with the players at hand. And lacking the ability of hindsight, I'm sure he too is being eaten up inside about Sunday. I'll be singing my 45 year old lungs out for 4 goals this weekend ⚽

I don't blame him for starting Zach Scott. I blame him for using our weakest strength wise forward as a target forward.

As a coach it goes with the territory at all levels. As a youth coach I had parents throwing me under the bus all the time. Sometimes they were right sometimes they were wrong.

I can also say there there were plenty of time in my coaching time that I have left teams as I knew it was time for me to move on and was doing nothing more for the team. Did that make me any worse of a coach or the guy that replaced me better... no. I was just not the right guy for that job at that time. I've done a straight switch with another coach in the past and we were both more successful then the year before, just cause are style fit that team at that time.

For me it's nothing personal, it's just part of the job.
Skarpian
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby cethe » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:15:01 pm

ProdigalReality wrote:

If Mario and Mauro both don't start it will further prove Sigi has np clue what he's doing.

totally. I just don't think Mario will get the start regardless, if Mauro is healthy. because Brad will be on one side & Mauro on the other with Tiffert & Ozzie in the middle.

I too am sad that SIgi thought Fredy by himself was a good tactical decision against Omar. At least Ochoa would have given Omar a challenge in the air
cethe
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:48:23 pm

ProdigalReality wrote:

Interested to hear why you think this.
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby thanatos80 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:37:15 pm

ProdigalReality wrote:

+1
thanatos80
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby BlueEyedBuddhist » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:59:24 pm

ProdigalReality wrote:If Mario and Mauro both don't start it will further prove Sigi has np clue what he's doing.

What if Martinez plays 90 on Wednesday?
BlueEyedBuddhist
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Llarian » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:03:27 pm

BlueEyedBuddhist wrote:
ProdigalReality wrote:If Mario and Mauro both don't start it will further prove Sigi has np clue what he's doing.

Then he'll have had a day more rest than he did this past week before playing 90 in a Sounders match? :P
Llarian
ECS Member 2021

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:06:34 pm

BlueEyedBuddhist wrote:

We're down 3 fucking goals.

Do you guys really believe we should save Mario for the next game?
ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Wibby » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:04:21 am

Ultra666 wrote:
Wibby wrote:Against Gonzales, I do not believe Ochoa would ever get the ball solo up front.

I am pretty confident that he would do better than Montero and Tiffert in that role.

Solo up front Ochoa would be out of gas before the first half was over. While Ochoa is physical, a solid strike and head, he does not have speed, stamina or creativity. A fast defense would eat him alive by himself. As we know Montero up front was less than idea, but at least Montero could potentially make something magical happen.

Sigi didnt go for the win and we all know that, he just was not hoping to loose by 3. Hope the Sounders bring it in the second a half.
Wibby
Past ECS Member

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day