Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

11/11/2012 :: LA : SSFC -- KICK 18:00 - WCF

Everything match specific.

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:31:38 am

You do realize that the point of having 1 striker is not to beat the defense himself, but for him to hold the ball up while his midfield comes forward?

If you're not playing EJ for 90, then you play Ochoa for as long as he can go, and then bring in EJ to finish. No one was going to expect Ochoa to play 90.
ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Ultra666 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:12:25 am

Yea, what he said. :lol:
Ultra666
ECS Founder

Unread postby bulldog » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08:56 am

ProdigalReality wrote:You do realize that the point of having 1 striker is not to beat the defense himself, but for him to hold the ball up while his midfield comes forward?

If you're not playing EJ for 90, then you play Ochoa for as long as he can go, and then bring in EJ to finish. No one was going to expect Ochoa to play 90.

yea what he said too :mrgreen:

there's a big difference between watching the game and playing it
then you understand tactics more and how things really work (this sentence is not Prod obviously)...
bulldog
Past ECS Member

Unread postby finnfan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:31:14 am

bulldog wrote:
ProdigalReality wrote:You do realize that the point of having 1 striker is not to beat the defense himself, but for him to hold the ball up while his midfield comes forward?

then you understand tactics more and how things really work (this sentence is not Prod obviously)...

What Prod wrote is football basics though. Doesn't really require a lot of experience in football to know what the striker in 4-5-1 is supposed to do...
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby FuzzyForeigner » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:48:30 am

any pics?
FuzzyForeigner
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:01:12 pm

FuzzyForeigner wrote:any pics?

The LAPD is preventing the release of photos until they are able to close the assault case.
ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Skarpian » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:16:35 pm

ProdigalReality wrote:
FuzzyForeigner wrote:any pics?

The LAPD is preventing the release of photos until they are able to close the assault case.

:funny:
Skarpian
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Wibby » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:47:36 pm

finnfan wrote:
bulldog wrote:

What Prod wrote is football basics though. Doesn't really require a lot of experience in football to know what the striker in 4-5-1 is supposed to do...

I completely understand what the solo striker up front is supposed to do...although just like Sigi, I do not believe Ochoa has the skill or speed to hold onto the ball by himself. Notice when we went down to 10, against RSL, Ochoa was the first off the pitch? Last year in the playoffs against RSL Ochoa did nothing and now many are asking why didn't he play. amusing. but whatever, i am not going to worry about it. I am sure if Fucito was in the game, we would have won (sure). Sigi rolled the dice and he lost with the lineup. If we had a stronger left back, I believe the game would have been played different.

and bulldog if you are implying that I do not know the game. You are far from wrong. I grew up playing soccer, had a successful premier run and still play competitively.

I will be singing for 90 on Sunday. Hope the team is healthy and we can give LA a decent match.
Wibby
Past ECS Member

Unread postby bulldog » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:01:32 pm

finnfan wrote:
bulldog wrote:

apparently it does for some
bulldog
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:06:58 pm

Wibby wrote:I completely understand what the solo striker up front is supposed to do...although just like Sigi, I do not believe Ochoa has the skill or speed to hold onto the ball by himself. Notice when we went down to 10, against RSL, Ochoa was the first off the pitch? Last year in the playoffs against RSL Ochoa did nothing and now many are asking why didn't he play. amusing. but whatever, i am not going to worry about it. I am sure if Fucito was in the game, we would have won (sure). Sigi rolled the dice and he lost with the lineup. If we had a stronger left back, I believe the game would have been played different.

and bulldog if you are implying that I do not know the game. You are far from wrong. I grew up playing soccer, had a successful premier run and still play competitively.

I will be singing for 90 on Sunday. Hope the team is healthy and we can give LA a decent match.

So Sigi having to sub a forward off in a game where hes down a man is proof that Ochoa is a bad choice as a target forward with 11en on the firld.
ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Wibby » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:39:21 pm

ProdigalReality wrote:
Wibby wrote:I completely understand what the solo striker up front is supposed to do...although just like Sigi, I do not believe Ochoa has the skill or speed to hold onto the ball by himself. Notice when we went down to 10, against RSL, Ochoa was the first off the pitch? Last year in the playoffs against RSL Ochoa did nothing and now many are asking why didn't he play. amusing. but whatever, i am not going to worry about it. I am sure if Fucito was in the game, we would have won (sure). Sigi rolled the dice and he lost with the lineup. If we had a stronger left back, I believe the game would have been played different.

So Sigi having to sub a forward off in a game where hes down a man is proof that Ochoa is a bad choice as a target forward with 11en on the firld.

geez. I only ever said that Ochoa should not be alone up front. I never said he was a bad choice as a target forward. I actually like Ochoa, just do not believe he has the skill to run the show by himself against a strong defense. As Sigi showed against RSL and LA, he would perfer Montero up top solo, over Ochoa.

Ill step out of this Ochoa talk as its gone on long enough. Keeping my fingers crossed that Gonzales starts on Sunday and we come out with a more typical lineup.
Wibby
Past ECS Member

Unread postby thanatos80 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:58:04 pm

Wibby wrote: I am sure if Fucito was in the game, we would have won (sure).
:screwloose:
thanatos80
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby C.How » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:09:53 pm

Wibby wrote:and bulldog if you are implying that I do not know the game. You are far from wrong.

So...if he's far from being wrong, then he's closer to being right...correct?
C.How
Past ECS Member

Unread postby 6ft2whiteguy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:22:09 pm

Wibby wrote: I am sure if Fucito was in the game, we would have won (sure).

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :funny:
6ft2whiteguy
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Wibby » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:00:01 pm

C.How wrote:
Wibby wrote:and bulldog if you are implying that I do not know the game. You are far from wrong.

So...if he's far from being wrong, then he's closer to being right...correct?

You got me. Typo. Well played.
Wibby
Past ECS Member

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day