Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

03/12/13 :: SSFC : UANL Tigres (CCL)

Everything match specific.

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:02:33 am

The difference was Evans going out for Rose, imo.
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby IVIaN1aC15 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:04:14 am

Normally I'm a big fan of rose(I still believe he should be ahead of evans regardless), but I didnt actually think he had his best game last night. Touches were a bit heavier than normal, and he just seemed like he was chasing all night. I agree I think he did a better job getting on the ball than evans did in his short cameo, but I don't think it was as clear cut as we were instantly better once Rose came on.
IVIaN1aC15
Past ECS Member

Unread postby FatmunkFoolhead » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:10:44 am

IVIaN1aC15 wrote:Normally I'm a big fan of rose(I still believe he should be ahead of evans regardless), but I didnt actually think he had his best game last night. Touches were a bit heavier than normal, and he just seemed like he was chasing all night. I agree I think he did a better job getting on the ball than evans did in his short cameo, but I don't think it was as clear cut as we were instantly better once Rose came on.

I don't think SP was saying it was instantaneous, but I definitely noticed Rose much more in a short time than I noticed Brad all night. Rose was showing more off the ball, creating outlets more readily than Brad. Granted, his touches left something to be desired, but I was honestly happier with Rose than Brad last night. Something seemed off about Brad from the get-go.

Overall, I agree with Prod's assessment. Yedlin made a rookie mistake (or two) in the first half, but definitely improved his positioning and play overall in the second half. I noticed a couple times he slid into the center and covered for the CB's when they had moved to the other side. Great awareness of the game, and of course, that beautiful (albeit somewhat lucky) goal. Traore has probably been our best signing this year (pending Martins arrival and how well he works out). Solid defensively, only a couple times he got caught out of position but has the wheels to get back and cover when Yedlin isn't covering for him.
FatmunkFoolhead
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby SimonM » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:11:59 am

finnfan wrote:I think the changes to the second half cannot be solely explained by the red card. A one man advantage is not that big in football. That said, I don't think we would have scored three without it.

Agreed. For me, it was made to be significant by the way Tigres totally changed their philosophy in the second half as a result of it. In the first half they kept a high line and harassed us in midfield. If they had carried on playing that way, they would have beaten us for sure. Instead, they panicked after the red card, sat back, and (crucially) let us have possession of the ball in midfield, enabling us to barrage them with crosses against their undersized defense. Our set pieces were atrocious (has Mario really forgotten how to take a corner?), but in general play, we put in some good service and created good chances off it.
SimonM
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ericgi » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:13:13 am

ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby shilo101 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:59:13 pm

JerrarDAtkinson wrote:anyone have a good stream?

Man, at this point, I'd love to see it again. Anybody get a good quality capture, or know where to find one?
shilo101
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Crollaa » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:02:18 pm

The key point for this game was that in the second half we were essentially playing 3 in the back (look at the heatmaps for yedlin and hurtado). Tigres' lack of will/ability to get forward allowed yedlin to play as a right-mid. In turn, that allowed us to keep width while Martinez roamed and played a bit more central than what Rosales was playing.

I also want to point out how good of a game Ochoa had. Not only did he completely occupy the centerbacks and free up Johnson to move, but he was also rather successful in knocking balls down for our other players.

Another point of interest was that Alonso stayed central far more than he usually does which helped facilitate possession and keep our shape.

Not often I say this, but Sigi was spot on with his tactics last night.
Crollaa
Past ECS Member

Unread postby JerrarDAtkinson » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:54:43 pm

shilo101 wrote:Man, at this point, I'd love to see it again. Anybody get a good quality capture, or know where to find one?

my brother and i will be watching it on dvr as part of our pregame on saturday :D
JerrarDAtkinson
Past ECS Member

Unread postby shilo101 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:24:01 pm

JerrarDAtkinson wrote:
shilo101 wrote:Man, at this point, I'd love to see it again. Anybody get a good quality capture, or know where to find one?

my brother and i will be watching it on dvr as part of our pregame on saturday :D

Bah! :twisted:
shilo101
Past ECS Member

Previous

Return to Match Day