Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

4/13/13 :: SSFC : Revs -- KICK 13:00

Everything match specific.

Unread postby bougiehoolie » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:58:09 am

298 minutes w/o a goal for the Revolution, huh? Let's see about extending that a bit.
bougiehoolie
ECS Co-President

Unread postby terrier » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:58:46 pm

djspicerack wrote:298 minutes w/o a goal for the Revolution, huh? Let's see about extending that a bit.

Mission accomplished? But, uh, about that other streak the Sounders are on...
terrier
Past ECS Member

Unread postby colbysftw » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:05:39 pm

Well shit.....
colbysftw
Past ECS Member

Unread postby StrikingMidfield » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:17:29 am

Well that wasn't totally bad. Steves finishing was almost pushing me to suicide ( :roll: ), but we did a very good job as far as the passing game goes. Hard score to deal with, but at least we got a point out of it. Being a Sounders fan this year, I was just about expecting a 90th minute goal for NE. Let's keep the faith, todays game was certainly an improvement from what we've been seeing.
StrikingMidfield
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby afecks » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:31:44 am

On the broadcast, Ross said "no goalkeeper wants to see the boots of Steve Zakuani flying toward them."

I actually said out loud "why? It's not like he'll get it on frame..."
afecks
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ericgi » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:55:16 pm

game should have been over by halftime with the number of chances that should have been put away.

like I said before, I'd have taken 3 points if it was the most boring performance I'd ever seen, vs. playing attractive football and still dropping points. Ultimately, this was a game you look at as feeling like this was a loss. Just can't drop points at home to bad sides like NE.

Colorado are another team that on paper we should take full points from, but if Johnson and Martins can't start, it's going to be a tall task. Without those two out there, this is not a playoff team as currently composed. Huge HUGE game, considering that after Philly (who knows what you'll get out of the Union on a given day, but a cross country roadie is never easy to get anything out of), we have KC away and SJ home... we could be looking at being bottom for a while yet.
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:57:39 pm

afecks wrote:On the broadcast, Ross said "no goalkeeper wants to see the boots of Steve Zakuani flying toward them."

I actually said out loud "why? It's not like he'll get it on frame..."

It's not his finishing ability, they just think he's Luis Mendoza.

ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby jbraaten » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:34:24 am

We need strikers badly. Our squad played and gelled very well but couldn't execute. The only way to fix this rut is EJ & Oba, without them we don't have a reliable, consistent chance. IMO, best players from Saturday:

Yedlin. Yup. That kid is fun to watch and hustles HARD. Outside of his speed and fitness, he is getting better on the 1 v 1 defending. He gets so focused in front of the attacking player and doesn't give up stupid dives. As far as I could see, he didn't get burned during the match. He's only getting better from here as game-time is giving him more and more experience in being a better defender and getting wiser judgement on the offensive shift. And man does the kid fight hard for the header on goal kicks, etc.

Traore. I think he deserved the MOTM. (Not sure why a striker got it when we didn't score). The man is a [tall] beast in the back and had many clearances to prevent attacks. He can hustle and is very good at defensive coordination in the backline. I watched him closely and he's solid. Plus he's an acrobat in clearances.

Joseph. Getting better and better. SAH wrote a very good article about how him and Honey Badger compliment each other. Joseph really uses his body to shove people around and maintain possession. His dribbling and player awareness is getting better with more playing time with us. Glad to have him.

Honey Badger. Enough said.

On the contrary, Zak is 90% back. But the last 10% that's missing is killing us. His last-second decisions and touches are way off. Mauro is getting old and rustier, but I do enjoy his hustle; especially when he gets beat and is tracking the guy down. Neagle wasn't anything special. Leo played much more of an offensive role as he came up the left side often. Works with Yedlin, why not use Leo too? I was stoked to see Lund get some playing time. The guy can get in position very well but was not fast. He looks very fast but when running down the ball he got beat every time. I want to see him subbed in more to see his potential, but preferably when we have a lead.

If we played that game with Oba & EJ, we'd all be getting haircuts this week.

-ECS optimist
jbraaten
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ericgi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:12:46 pm

The one thing that is really obvious about Zakuani is he's still hesitant to put his body out there, especially in the face of a challenge. Last two games he had chances right on the doorstep, but didn't throw himself all the way in where doing so would (odds-on) have resulted in a goal. Not to mention he didn't exactly try to muscle off his defender to make the job easier still.
ericgi
ECS Founder

Previous

Return to Match Day