Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

5/8/13 :: SKC : SSFC -- KICK 17:30

Everything match specific.

Unread postby jbraaten » Wed May 8, 2013 9:58:26 pm

Can't stop watching this goal. Traore has proven himself over and over.

Also, watch Kamara during the shot and goal. He runs to cover that post and stops his run to put his hand up for offsides. hahahah. Thanks broseph for getting Nielson to do it too! Welcome back!
jbraaten
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Wed May 8, 2013 9:59:31 pm

I think they were trying to call handball.
ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Llarian » Wed May 8, 2013 10:29:35 pm

ProdigalReality wrote:I think they were trying to call handball.

Kamara looked like he was trying to call offside (although he was playing everybody onside). Nielsen was clearly calling for handball, although pretty much every angle shows the only contact was Traore's knee.

I honestly have no idea what the whole SKC defense was doing right there.
Llarian
ECS Member 2021

Unread postby ericgi » Wed May 8, 2013 11:29:16 pm

we always leave it late against this lot... like 4 times we've gotten the winner in extra time :D

really solid effort overall, organized in the back, kept our shape, and then punished them when they made a mistake. Classic formula for a smash and grab on the road!

probably Carrasco's best game in a Sounders shirt. Mini-honeybadger :D
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby jbraaten » Thu May 9, 2013 12:46:07 am

ProdigalReality wrote:I think they were trying to call handball.

Doesn't matter what they thought. :) Halting is halting.
jbraaten
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Thu May 9, 2013 7:40:47 am

We were dreadful going forward yesterday, but no matter - 7 from 9 last three games. Things are looking up.
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby SimonM » Thu May 9, 2013 8:00:12 am

Really impressed with this performance. To limit Sporting to that few chances on their home patch is very impressive. The defense played very well, but to be honest, it was our midfield that really bossed this game - Sporting never got close enough to our goal to create any chances. Carrasco, Evans and Alonso were tremendous. Honestly, I didn't realise Carrasco had that kind of performance in him - he was man of the match for me. Won a phenomenal number of tackles, and his distribution was good too. He deserves to see plenty more minutes in the coming weeks, based off this performance. Many more displays like that, and he may yet prove himself worthy of a place in Alex Morgan's vagina.

It was a disciplined performance all round, but I thought we really passed the ball well too. We didn't create many chances, it is true, but I always felt like we were more likely to score than they were. Estrada and EJ worked hard and just missed on a few things, like when EJ miscontrolled the ball when in a good position, and when Estrada strayed offside as it looked like he was about to be played in.

Definitely looked like a handball on the goal, but there was no way the referee was going to disallow that after having not given us that blatant penalty in the first half.
SimonM
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Jabsco » Thu May 9, 2013 8:42:18 am

SimonM wrote:Definitely looked like a handball on the goal, but there was no way the referee was going to disallow that after having not given us that blatant penalty in the first half.

I'm not sure I can find a handball in that, looks like knee to me. Agree with the rest. :)
Jabsco
ECS Member 2021

Unread postby SimonM » Thu May 9, 2013 8:45:24 am

Jabsco wrote:I'm not sure I can find a handball in that, looks like knee to me. Agree with the rest. :)

I think Traore's first touch may have been both hand and knee, just by the way it angles downwards after it hit him. But it's difficult to tell. Either way, we deserved the break on that one.
SimonM
Past ECS Member

Unread postby Llarian » Thu May 9, 2013 8:46:18 am

Yeah, I don't see a handball there at all.

Looks well trapped with his knee or thigh.
Llarian
ECS Member 2021

Unread postby FuzzyForeigner » Thu May 9, 2013 9:12:22 am

SimonM wrote:Really impressed with this performance. To limit Sporting to that few chances on their home patch is very impressive. The defense played very well, but to be honest, it was our midfield that really bossed this game - Sporting never got close enough to our goal to create any chances. Carrasco, Evans and Alonso were tremendous. Honestly, I didn't realise Carrasco had that kind of performance in him - he was man of the match for me. Won a phenomenal number of tackles, and his distribution was good too. He deserves to see plenty more minutes in the coming weeks, based off this performance. Many more displays like that, and he may yet prove himself worthy of a place in Alex Morgan's vagina.

It was a disciplined performance all round, but I thought we really passed the ball well too. We didn't create many chances, it is true, but I always felt like we were more likely to score than they were. Estrada and EJ worked hard and just missed on a few things, like when EJ miscontrolled the ball when in a good position, and when Estrada strayed offside as it looked like he was about to be played in.

Definitely looked like a handball on the goal, but there was no way the referee was going to disallow that after having not given us that blatant penalty in the first half.

yep. I think this was a clean and organized performance with exception of some zach scott blunders out wide in terms of positioning. i feel that we also did not expend a whole lot of energy and that the 4 starters that were missing should fit right back in for saturday.
FuzzyForeigner
Past ECS Member

Unread postby finnfan » Thu May 9, 2013 1:56:37 pm

Impossible to tell from the camera angles that we have, but why would Jimmy Nielsen react the way he did if it didn't hit Traore's hand, or at least get very, very close?
finnfan
ECS Leadership

Unread postby Jabsco » Thu May 9, 2013 3:22:23 pm

finnfan wrote:Impossible to tell from the camera angles that we have, but why would Jimmy Nielsen react the way he did if it didn't hit Traore's hand, or at least get very, very close?

Because Jimmy Nielsen is a complete chode.
Jabsco
ECS Member 2021

Unread postby Nikolai » Thu May 9, 2013 4:11:08 pm

Jabsco wrote:
finnfan wrote:Impossible to tell from the camera angles that we have, but why would Jimmy Nielsen react the way he did if it didn't hit Traore's hand, or at least get very, very close?

Because Jimmy Nielsen is a complete chode.

Qouted for truth.
Nikolai
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Thu May 9, 2013 9:54:15 pm

Because he thought it hit his hand. The ref was right there.

I will say, I feel like everyone performed well. Evans, Carrasco and Estrada played their parts. Zach Scott was a liability though. Felt like SKC was exclusively going after him.

Hurtado played great. Reminiscent of his 2009 form.

Ozzie was a non-factor in the first half, but in the 2nd half, he started to win possession for us, and help get the ball forward. You could see the game was swinging based on how he played. KC controlled the first half through possession, and Ozzie struggled to get into the game. Once he got involved in the 2nd half, we started to take control.

One thing I wish we'd stop doing is putting in these lofted crosses. I feel as if we rarely see driven crosses on this team. Everything floats. I don't know if that's just the skill level or if it's a tactics thing with Sigi. There's no reason for the ball to be left hanging in the air on crosses like that.
ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day