Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

5/8/13 :: SKC : SSFC -- KICK 17:30

Everything match specific.

Unread postby thanatos80 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:07:14 pm

Llarian wrote:
ProdigalReality wrote:I think they were trying to call handball.

Kamara looked like he was trying to call offside (although he was playing everybody onside). Nielsen was clearly calling for handball, although pretty much every angle shows the only contact was Traore's knee.

I honestly have no idea what the whole SKC defense was doing right there.
Kamara did look like he was calling for offsides, because he had his hand up right as Evans got the ball. Wouldn't matter whether he was playing everyone onside, or not, though (and Evans DID come from an offside position before he played the ball), there is no offsides on throw-ins. You'd think they would've learned that rule after Fucito burned their asses by getting behind their D for the winner back in 2010.
thanatos80
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Llarian » Fri May 10, 2013 9:47:48 pm

thanatos80 wrote:
Llarian wrote:
ProdigalReality wrote:I think they were trying to call handball.

Kamara looked like he was trying to call offside (although he was playing everybody onside). Nielsen was clearly calling for handball, although pretty much every angle shows the only contact was Traore's knee.

I honestly have no idea what the whole SKC defense was doing right there.
Kamara did look like he was calling for offsides, because he had his hand up right as Evans got the ball. Wouldn't matter whether he was playing everyone onside, or not, though (and Evans DID come from an offside position before he played the ball), there is no offsides on throw-ins. You'd think they would've learned that rule after Fucito burned their asses by getting behind their D for the winner back in 2010.

Good point, I didn't think about the timing. I thought he was calling Traore offside, which would've been legit (if he were actually, ya know, offside) due to Evans' flick on.

If he was trying to call Evans offside, that makes even less sense. I mean, I'm pretty sure even in Norwich you can't be offside on a throw-in.
Llarian
ECS Member 2021

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Fri May 10, 2013 10:38:37 pm

Kamara's hand didn't go up until the second that Djimi hit the ball. Why? Because he thought it hit his hand.
ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2020

Previous

Return to Match Day