Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

5/29/13 :: Tampa Bay : SSFC (USOC) -- KICK 16:30

Everything match specific.

Unread postby afecks » Wed May 29, 2013 7:38:40 pm

Well...at least the team that beat us wasn't a USASA team...
afecks
Past ECS Member

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Wed May 29, 2013 7:43:56 pm

I'm not arsed. We were terrible with a terrible eleven, and got exactly what was coming to us. It was only a matter if time before we were knocked out by a lower level team. It's like people forget that game against Kitsap that could've gone either way, or other myriad ties where we've pulled a horseshoe out of our ass at just the right moment. So whatever. Onwards. Only one goal now.
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby fortuna88 » Wed May 29, 2013 7:54:47 pm

This sucks. No open cup games at starfire. Those are the best
fortuna88
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby socca » Wed May 29, 2013 8:09:46 pm

One less excuse for not winning MLS Cup this year...
socca
Past ECS Member

Unread postby mlihlen » Wed May 29, 2013 8:33:14 pm

Futbol4Life wrote:mlihlen, with all due respect, if we're going to enter a tourney to play to loose, why enter? If we don't care, what's the purpose? Enter every game to win. Including a "friendly". Unless I counted wrong, we left a possible sub (fresh legs) on the bench. Change strategies (subs, move men forward) when you have enough time to make a difference. Why go 70-80 minutes of something not working to make a change? I think it's the first time since introducing a 4-5-1 in a playoff game, that I've truly been frustrated by the coaching staff. Ugh...... <end rant>

Good question. Why do we? Why does LA? Arena couldn't even be bothered to go and the MLS Cup Champions get dumped 2-0 by who again? It's just ridiculous that we have to travel LA, to Tampa back to LA, just to give the bench warmers work. It's a waste of time.
mlihlen
Past ECS Member

Unread postby mlihlen » Wed May 29, 2013 8:36:01 pm

RatCity wrote:
mlihlen wrote:If MLS teams don't care about the USOC why should we?

I'm gonna pretend you didn't just take a stroll down that pathetic road.

Why? It's obvious that the MLS does not take these opponents seriously or they would not lose nearly as frequently as they have been. I feel bad for the folks that traveled to witness that pathetic match. Could any of them even be bothered to contest a ball in the air? On to Chivas, I guess.
mlihlen
Past ECS Member

Unread postby TBRowdies » Wed May 29, 2013 8:50:51 pm

First off, good game Sounders. You guys have a great club, one of the best on this side of the Atlantic.. you guys will be just fine and will do well the rest of the season. remember, it could be worse... you could play in the NASL and inside of baseball stadium.
That fans that traveled to Al Lang Stadium were some of the classiest supporters I've met. After a tough loss, they had the stand of mind to come over and applaud and congratulate the home supporters. A classy move that we rarely see among NASL rivals.
The crowd wasn't as full as the NASL Final last year, but it was equally as load. It was a blast trading chants back and forth between the visiting ECS and Ralph's Mob. I'm curious, did you hear both supporters on the feed?
Anyways, the ref did a fair job on this game, so he can't be blamed for both teams not playing to their best ability. Neither team deserved to win, and that hand ball near the goal line didn't make me feel like the win was anymore deserving. It looked borderline bush league from my angle behind that net. But being an USMNT and Tampa Bay sports supporter, I've had my fair share of getting screwed over, so I'm (for a lack of a better word) relieved that we got a call to go our way for once.
Best of luck the rest of your campaign. We'll try to beat Portland for y'all!
TBRowdies
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby mlihlen » Wed May 29, 2013 9:02:54 pm

TBRowdies wrote:First off, good game Sounders. You guys have a great club, one of the best on this side of the Atlantic.. you guys will be just fine and will do well the rest of the season. remember, it could be worse... you could play in the NASL and inside of baseball stadium.
That fans that traveled to Al Lang Stadium were some of the classiest supporters I've met. After a tough loss, they had the stand of mind to come over and applaud and congratulate the home supporters. A classy move that we rarely see among NASL rivals.
The crowd wasn't as full as the NASL Final last year, but it was equally as load. It was a blast trading chants back and forth between the visiting ECS and Ralph's Mob. I'm curious, did you hear both supporters on the feed?
Anyways, the ref did a fair job on this game, so he can't be blamed for both teams not playing to their best ability. Neither team deserved to win, and that hand ball near the goal line didn't make me feel like the win was anymore deserving. It looked borderline bush league from my angle behind that net. But being an USMNT and Tampa Bay sports supporter, I've had my fair share of getting screwed over, so I'm (for a lack of a better word) relieved that we got a call to go our way for once.

You guys have some great supporters over there, you all sounded great on the stream. Good luck v. Portland.
mlihlen
Past ECS Member

Unread postby RatCity » Wed May 29, 2013 9:11:57 pm

mlihlen wrote:
RatCity wrote:
mlihlen wrote:If MLS teams don't care about the USOC why should we?

I'm gonna pretend you didn't just take a stroll down that pathetic road.

Why? It's obvious that the MLS does not take these opponents seriously or they would not lose nearly as frequently as they have been. I feel bad for the folks that traveled to witness that pathetic match. Could any of them even be bothered to contest a ball in the air? On to Chivas, I guess.

That line up was not much different then we've put out before for early open cup. We did not have Evans, Johnson, Ozzie, or ianni, and i believe zak was still hurt. We had a legend in goal, and 3 starters on defense. We had the best striker pair we could have seeing as how oba just played his first 90 after coming ff of injury. And then our midfield was pretty standard missing Rosales and Joseph who again just played. All that aside, I will not stoop to the level of the TA by accusing my club of not caring. Things could have been better but this is what makes the open cup great. We move forward.
RatCity
Past ECS Member

Unread postby TBRowdies » Wed May 29, 2013 9:28:04 pm

mlihlen wrote:
TBRowdies wrote:First off, good game Sounders. You guys have a great club, one of the best on this side of the Atlantic.. you guys will be just fine and will do well the rest of the season. remember, it could be worse... you could play in the NASL and inside of baseball stadium.

You guys have some great supporters over there, you all sounded great on the stream. Good luck v. Portland.

Thanks, we learned from watching the best... ECS. Got goosebumps listening to the call-response chant of Tampa-Bay, which is used at all Tampa sporing events. It's one that everybody knows, so all fans yelled with passion after the goal. Haven't had a feeling like that since the Tampa Bay Lightning playoff run in 2011. Damn you Boston.
TBRowdies
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby jabbathehut » Wed May 29, 2013 11:07:49 pm

It's not the loss that bothers me, but the fact that Sigi clearly didn't care about getting a result by putting out such a WEAK lineup, and the fact that our players never looked like they cared. For all the talk by our FO of "respecting the Cup and careing about USOC", today we looked like Hans Backe and the 2011 Redbulls. We played like the Taliban was forcing us to play against our wills. Just an absolutely EMBARASSING showing by the club, players and coaches. Not taking anything away from the Rowdies, they deserved their win, but we didn't even try. For the first time i can remember, im ashamed to be a Sounders supporter.
jabbathehut
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Llarian » Wed May 29, 2013 11:10:27 pm

Sigi did the exact same thing he's done in the initial round for the past 4 seasons. It wasn't enough this time, but to say that a reserve lineup is somehow disrespectful now but wasn't before is bizarre when the only difference is that we won previously. (Why Joseph didn't play, however, I'll never know. He isn't gonna play Saturday and our midfield was atrocious)
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby ProdigalReality » Wed May 29, 2013 11:15:52 pm

I wouldn't call it a weak line up.

Did you really think Sigi was going to throw out a full starting line up? We all knew that it was going to be reserve heavy. I didn't want to see Oba out there on a shitty pitch coming off a knee injury where surgery was a possibility. We still had Neagle, Martinez, Hurtado and Hahnemann.

We didn't lose because of a line up full of back ups. Relying on two forwards who are known for their work rate on a small pitch was a dangerous decision. Our most dangerous player in the air was a CB.
ProdigalReality
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby Ultra666 » Thu May 30, 2013 4:44:46 am

I don't think it was the line up.
It was something else that in my opinion is much more troubling.
It seems at times this club "shuts off" and does not seem interested in playing.
They turn the ball over all the time, and are not focused on playing.

We did not play to win.

The effort, heart, creativity, discipline, and passion were not there.

The Rowdies deserved to win that match.
Ultra666
ECS Founder

Unread postby finnfan » Thu May 30, 2013 5:29:03 am

Llarian wrote:Sigi did the exact same thing he's done in the initial round for the past 4 seasons. It wasn't enough this time, but to say that a reserve lineup is somehow disrespectful now but wasn't before is bizarre when the only difference is that we won previously.

THIS.

And it wasn't a terribly weak lineup on paper. On the field is a different story, but that largely falls on the players.
finnfan
ECS Leadership

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day