Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

6/8/13 :: SSFC : Whitecaps -- KICK 19:30

Everything match specific.

Unread postby babyblue4b » Wed Jun 5, 2013 1:58:46 pm

FYI - Special Olympics Team USA will be on the pitch at halftime, to be acknowledged for their achievements and play in Costa Rica. The team was sent by Special Olympics Washington, ECS's charity partner, and Sounders FC (the pre-academy kids were our partner athletes).

I would encourage everyone to stick around for the halftime show and cheer as loud as possible for these amazing kids!
User avatar
babyblue4b
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 1169
Joined: Tue Apr 8, 2008 7:48:55 pm
Location: The Brougham End with my Royal Femmes!!!

Unread postby jabbathehut » Thu Jun 6, 2013 12:22:51 am

Was that "trademark" issue ever solved? Is this now the "Starbucks Cascadia Cup", or did they back off?
User avatar
jabbathehut
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Jan 7, 2010 6:08:56 am
Location: cap hill

Unread postby Cstrom476 » Thu Jun 6, 2013 7:15:06 am

jabbathehut wrote:Was that "trademark" issue ever solved? Is this now the "Starbucks Cascadia Cup", or did they back off?


I don't think they'll ever "back off". if the MLS sees a chance to make $$$ off of something they never came up with they'll go after it tooth and nail. i just hope "we" don't give in.
User avatar
Cstrom476
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 463
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:44:19 am
Location: Hill of the South

Unread postby RatCity » Thu Jun 6, 2013 9:26:12 am

Somehow I feel like Starbucks would make a size "cascadia" latte.

"Would you like tall, grande, venti, Trenti, or cascadia?"
User avatar
RatCity
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 3407
Joined: Sun May 2, 2010 11:30:58 pm

Unread postby J9Starr » Thu Jun 6, 2013 10:10:55 am

RatCity wrote:Somehow I feel like Starbucks would make a size "cascadia" latte.

"Would you like tall, grande, venti, Trenti, or cascadia?"

I can see it now, minimum 11 shots (the starting XI)
User avatar
J9Starr
ECS Member 2019
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Mar 1, 2010 4:03:32 pm
Location: Tacoma (253!)

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Thu Jun 6, 2013 10:14:31 am

J9Starr wrote:
RatCity wrote:Somehow I feel like Starbucks would make a size "cascadia" latte.

"Would you like tall, grande, venti, Trenti, or cascadia?"

I can see it now, minimum 11 shots (the starting XI)


They'd just name that the Matt Oak.
User avatar
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2019
 
Posts: 6131
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:33:58 am
Location: Location Location

Unread postby jbraaten » Thu Jun 6, 2013 10:21:04 am

SP The Ghost wrote:
J9Starr wrote:
RatCity wrote:Somehow I feel like Starbucks would make a size "cascadia" latte.

"Would you like tall, grande, venti, Trenti, or cascadia?"

I can see it now, minimum 11 shots (the starting XI)


They'd just name that the Matt Oak.


That name was already taken for Cherry Four Locos
User avatar
jbraaten
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:52:05 pm
Location: Kirkland, WA

Unread postby ericgi » Thu Jun 6, 2013 10:30:03 am

back to the football... Martins is of course now eligible with his red card rescinded... so at least we'll have some semblance of an attack assuming Neagle partners him. Question will be, whether they'll get any service from the skeleton crew in midfield.

At least winning this game now seems halfway reasonable, more so than it appeared at the week's beginning.
User avatar
ericgi
ECS Founder
 
Posts: 11284
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:17:15 am
Location: Brougham End

Unread postby jbraaten » Thu Jun 6, 2013 11:15:42 am

ericgi wrote:back to the football... Martins is of course now eligible with his red card rescinded... so at least we'll have some semblance of an attack assuming Neagle partners him. Question will be, whether they'll get any service from the skeleton crew in midfield.


They have a lot of confidence together right now, especially after that beautiful play. Like you're saying, I'm really worried that we won't be able to get the ball up to them efficiently and often due to the MF. This has happened a few times in the past years and it's so frustrating. Then come the long balls...

We need Mauro to step up on this one and lead the kids in the center.
User avatar
jbraaten
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:52:05 pm
Location: Kirkland, WA

Unread postby SP The Ghost » Thu Jun 6, 2013 11:28:38 am

Since we're probably going to see a midfield of Caskey, Rose, Carrasco and Rosales, Iw ouldn't count on it. But we can hope.
User avatar
SP The Ghost
ECS Member 2019
 
Posts: 6131
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:33:58 am
Location: Location Location

Unread postby cethe » Thu Jun 6, 2013 11:30:45 am

Mauro, you're our only hope....
cethe
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 4283
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:24:52 pm
Location: Cap Hill

Unread postby bougiehoolie » Thu Jun 6, 2013 11:38:47 am

March to the Match! Arrive early and participate in one of the best traditions in American sports - the March to the Match. The Sounders FC March to the Match begins at 5:45pm at Occidental Park in Pioneer Square. Enjoy special performances from the Sound Wave as well as Crème Tangerine, a Seattle cover band. In addition, the first 500 fans to present their ticket or MatchPass in Occidental Park will receive a free T-shirt, provided by ROOT Sports.


Just got this from the "scarves up" reminder from the FC...does this mean we've got some more noise competition during the MttM, with Crème Tangerine, or are they simply going to be playing in Occidental?
User avatar
bougiehoolie
ECS Co-President
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Sat Mar 2, 2013 10:29:19 pm

Unread postby Spinfyre » Thu Jun 6, 2013 12:19:23 pm

I imagine only in the park.
User avatar
Spinfyre
ECS Member 2019
 
Posts: 3776
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:08:53 pm
Location: Federal Way, WA

Unread postby jbraaten » Thu Jun 6, 2013 12:43:19 pm

SP The Ghost wrote:Since we're probably going to see a midfield of Caskey, Rose, Carrasco and Rosales, Iw ouldn't count on it. But we can hope.

I'm hoping Yedlin will have more runs than Whistler. Need to get the ball up there badly. The left side will be hurting.
User avatar
jbraaten
Past ECS Member
 
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:52:05 pm
Location: Kirkland, WA

Unread postby Justicar » Thu Jun 6, 2013 12:53:58 pm

Alain Rochat's been traded to DC for a 2nd round pick.
User avatar
Justicar
ECS Member 2020
 
Posts: 3116
Joined: Sun May 2, 2010 7:34:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Match Day

cron

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest