Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

7/6/13 :: Vancouver : SSFC -- KICK 20:00

Everything match specific.

Unread postby Christopher » Mon Jul 8, 2013 3:13:07 pm

Here is a link to my gallery of Saturday’s match between Vancouver Whitecaps FC and Seattle Sounders FC: http://www.flickr.com//photos/vosie/set ... 4269/show/

In case you missed it, here’s my gallery from the match at CenturyLink Field in June: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vosie/sets ... 2638/show/

I also took photos of the Reserve match on Sunday, but got some major sunburn and haven’t been able to go through them yet. I’ll happily post that gallery as well, though I’m not sure where.

P.S. I haven’t gotten any comments when I’ve posted my photo galleries, so I’m not too sure how they’re being received. If people are interested, I’m happy to continue posting them whenever I do have galleries of the Sounders.
Christopher
Away Supporter

Unread postby Futbol4Life » Mon Jul 8, 2013 3:31:42 pm

Some good pics Christopher (a little light on the ECS versions, but understood). Keep posting!
Futbol4Life
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Christopher » Mon Jul 8, 2013 4:20:52 pm

Futbol4Life wrote:Some good pics Christopher (a little light on the ECS versions, but understood). Keep posting!

I would have gotten more ECS photos during the match in June, but I was (and still am) recovering from ankle surgery. Every time the Sounders scored, I’d turned around and try and get a shot of the main body of the group, but invariably another photographer, videographer, or that boom arm would be right in front of me!

That and I focus mostly on the pitch. I turn around every now and then, but crowd shots eventually blur together to me so I’m either getting reactions to events (goals, red cards, major injuries), or looking for a tight shot of someone with an interesting expression (harder to find than it sounds).

I will say this, sad as I am to type it... having sat in front of the Rain City Brigade, the Vancouver Southsiders, the Curva Collective, and now the Emerald City Supporters, that the vocality you bring, is simply on another level. In Seattle, I wasn’t sure what was going to happen first, that I’d try and deck somebody, or join in. :)
Christopher
Away Supporter

Unread postby delmundo » Mon Jul 8, 2013 7:11:50 pm

Christopher, we dig seeing the pics. Thank you.
There usually pops up another thread for match day pics and vids. People always check them out, but the amount of comments on them have slowed over time.
We should probalby say thank you there more often too. It's not easy and on big match days you can watch the photographers get in each other's way to get the shot. Kind of humerous sometimes.
delmundo
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby ericgi » Tue Jul 9, 2013 10:55:52 pm

just now got to watch the match... actually surprised without Alonso driving things that we carried the play for the most part. We were just wasteful in front of goal and made Knighton look like Rimando from the playoffs. We were actually better than DC home, scary to say... which is an indictment on how bad DC are this year.

Have to say, Vancouver get results this season when frankly the run of play dictates otherwise. Not sure how long they can keep that up, but right now it has them above LAG of all teams.

A little surprised that we pulled Gonzalez for Yedlin rather than Scott... why switch Scott over to the left where he's not so comfortable... then we look all disorganized and let Mattocks in for the second on a ball that should have been dealt with much earlier.

Anyhow, if we get Ozzie back for short handed SJ, I like our chances if we come and attack them like we did in this game. Just got to clean up the finishing though. Have to wonder if Sigi moves Neagle up front and EJ back to MF like Klinsmann is using him. Neagle/Martins seems a better partnership than EJ/Martins right now.
ericgi
ECS Founder

Previous

Return to Match Day