Honey Badger doesn't care!!
Ollie Board
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Ollie Board » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:06:22 pm

Wasn't pretty!!!
Ollie Board
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby Ollie Board » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:07:37 pm

Worst team we've played against for some time.
Ollie Board
Emerald City Supporter

Unread postby SeattleCalcio » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:50:39 pm

Holy shit, what a win!
SeattleCalcio
ECS Leadership

Unread postby jbraaten » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:59:50 pm

Prayers do matter and Gspurning keeps being a stud. We got very lucky and the next match has a lot of weight on Oba. He can take it. Great to see the rise on the rankings while having a handul of matches in hand.

With the whole EJ saying "pay me" with the goal, I thought it was immature. Awesome player who's getting the spotlight recently because he deserves it. But leave the talk to the private negotiations. His goal count is finally increasing and I think he needs a good bump for next year, but display it wisely. When a player kisses their crest on a goal, I take that as honor and loyalty. When a player says "pay me, me, me", it strikes a wrong chord. I love EJ, but he needs to pick his battles. I think having Oba and Dempsey's paychecks next to his (after he scores) frustrates him, which is understandable, but pick the right time to do it. Clubs don't like seeing any player yelling "pay me" on a celebration. Above anything, props to him for giving us 3 points; very well done.
jbraaten
Past ECS Member

Unread postby ericgi » Tue Sep 3, 2013 12:53:44 pm

Yeah EJ is underpaid, but that's for he and his agent to deal with off the pitch. On the pitch, I don't want to ever see that kind of selfish shit. Rosales served it up to him on a platter, go find him and celebrate with your teammates, not go off by yourself bitching about your current contract.

the crew are a terrible side right now... can't think of anyone else that we'd have gotten away with such an early dismissal, and on top of that blowing a substitution because Evans comes up lame shortly thereafter. Credit to the boys for not letting slip 3 points that should have been a given otherwise, which probably wouldn't have happened earlier this season, but again we have to remind ourselves... this is the Crew who have about as much attacking prowess (without Higuain anyway) as 11 codgers in a retirement home.

Tomorrow will be interesting... Chivas are showing a bit of life lately, and we'll be missing Dempsey, Johnson, Evans, and Gonzalez for sure. Might be another ugly sort of game, but maybe Chivas will fancy their chances and play a bit more openly than they otherwise would have... which would help us, frankly.
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby ericgi » Tue Sep 3, 2013 11:48:51 pm

forgot to mention... JKH probably had his best game this season, if not the last two years. Think the tv crew got MoTM completely wrong, should have been JKH not EJ.
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby jbraaten » Sat Sep 7, 2013 6:52:45 pm

Looks like Oba is starting. Booyah
jbraaten
Past ECS Member

Previous

Return to Match Day