Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

9/21/2013 :: LA vs. SSFC -- KICK 19:30

Everything match specific.

Unread postby Llarian » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:15:30 am

Yep, I completely agree with the two above posts.

If this had been a playoff match, 1-1 would have damn near sealed the deal for us.

LA Away is by far our most difficult fixture. Taking a point from it is a fantastic result.
Llarian
ECS Leadership

Unread postby ericgi » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:45:56 pm

very pleased with this result, at least we battled through the typical conceding possession in bad spots problem we have with this lot. LAG huffed and puffed a lot, but with very little end product to show for it.

Hurtado's really turned his season around, about the third or fourth really solid game from him. Easily MOTM for me.

Rose is really out of his element in a game like this, and good point about our MF getting overrun by theirs, seems a real problem when we play them in their crib. Thought Moffat calmed things down a bit when he came in, as he's played in a few big games in his time.

No problem with Sigi pulling off Martins... he'd done not very much all game, and EJ's better at helping defend set pieces when we need a bigger body in amongst those that LAG can throw in there.

When we look back at it, this may well be the point that secured the shield for us, assuming we win the games we should down the stretch. LAG are pretty much out now that they failed to hold serve at home.
ericgi
ECS Founder

Unread postby cethe » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:00:44 am

not disappointed at all with a point.

I won't call EJ lazy, but there were a couple times i'd wish he'd have tried for a run, or fought for the second ball more.
cethe
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby eastside » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:09:39 pm

There were a couple times where I yelled at him to try for what looked like they could have easily been 50/50s. Actually, I believe what I yelled was "Fucking run!" But I'll have to confirm with my wife to be sure.
eastside
ECS Member 2020

Unread postby afecks » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:00:33 pm

I second the yelling at the TV "fucking run!"

Also "get your ass back onside!!"

I can't ignore that he scored the goal that got us a point though.
afecks
Past ECS Member

Unread postby cethe » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:27:19 pm

afecks wrote:I can't ignore that he scored the goal that got us a point though.

of course you can't ignore that.
and i don't think he phoned in the whole game either.

just maybe 2-3 times it appeared he could have made the second ball or at least pressured the defender more.

then there's Oba chasing every ball, regardless, so maybe the two of 'em cancel each other out, LOL
cethe
ECS Member 2020

Previous

Return to Match Day